Become a Patron!

What Wattage Should I Use?

Hey guys,

I'm new to vaping and bought a vape that allows me to change my wattage. It comes with a .25 or .50 ohm coil. However, I don't know what wattage I should be running the .25 and .50 ohm coils. I like to get the most flavor, vapor, and coil life out of them. Can anyone help?
Also, my maximum wattage output is 40W. Does anyone also have a good e-juice recommendation that might fit my situation?

Thanks!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU and welcome to vaping. It would be useful to know what kit you are using. A pretty easy rule of thumb is start low and work your way up until it feels good. There are no hard and fast rules as all of this is subjective.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU and welcome to vaping. It would be useful to know what kit you are using. A pretty easy rule of thumb is start low and work your way up until it feels good. There are no hard and fast rules as all of this is subjective.
What kind of tank and mod ? and welcome to madness..... I have this set up....
0e46cbbd8fed7546f0824b873783c231.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Forgot to add that I am using a Lost Vape Orion. My friend had one and I really liked to look and flavor he was getting. I used to use an Aspire Pockex so I'm new to all this DNA chip stuff.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Forgot to add that I am using a Lost Vape Orion. My friend had one and I really liked to look and flavor he was getting. I used to use an Aspire Pockex so I'm new to all this DNA chip stuff.

Like Will said, start at a low wattage, then creep it up till it's vaping in a way that makes YOU happy with it :)

I inserted 10W, then 20 to 30W. At 10 I'm able to vape fine (although I'm not too satisfied with taste) but as I work from around 20W I get a really bad burnt taste. I've read around and a lot of people seem to run 20-50W on their similar sub-ohm coils. Just found it a bit strange why below 20W was my limit. Does anyone have an ideas why or could it just be the juice or just the vape being suited for a wattage around 10?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I inserted 10W, then 20 to 30W. At 10 I'm able to vape fine (although I'm not too satisfied with taste) but as I work from around 20W I get a really bad burnt taste. I've read around and a lot of people seem to run 20-50W on their similar sub-ohm coils. Just found it a bit strange why below 20W was my limit. Does anyone have an ideas why or could it just be the juice or just the vape being suited for a wattage around 10?

Burn taste likely means the coil isn't wicking correctly or the wattage is just too high for the type of coil it is, the juice could be too thick, regardless of the wattage

Without knowing the kind of tank or RTA you are using, type of coils, and type of juice, it is hard to say.

Lots of things - how is the vape experience at about 15 watts? If its good, vape it at that

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Burn taste likely means the coil isn't wicking correctly or the wattage is just too high for the type of coil it is, the juice could be too thick, regardless of the wattage

Without knowing the kind of tank or RTA you are using, type of coils, and type of juice, it is hard to say.

Lots of things - how is the vape experience at about 15 watts? If its good, vape it at that
Maybe he is using 80/20.... And needs 70/30

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm using .025ohm coils on a Lost Vape Orion (max wattage output 40). Using Sorbae e-juice 70/30 (VG/PG). I've found that around 10-15W works the best. I think I will stay at that level, unless someone knows how to could get a little more flavor out of it (I do have adjustable airflow). Thanks and sorry for not having all information posted with my original post.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Is that one of those new DNA pod things?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If vaping regulated I ALWAYs start with the lowest wattages that produces vapor.. Then work my way up to a Good Vape. Play with wattage and airflow to produce the vape you like....

The amount and type of metal in a coil is the determining factor in what wattages will produce what temperatures. OHM ONLY determines wattage when using a MECH MOD or vaping UNREGULATED. I have 3 atties right now ALL with .3 ohm coils 1 Vapes at 25 watts VW only, 1 at 15watts but can use TC and one that vapes at around 100 watts. Same OHM different constructions and materials different wattages for optimum performance.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just got one of these your power is pre set depending on coils. I use the .25 coils the max power on the presets is 15 what would be the red power light not white or blue. Now there are programs you can download that lets you custom the power but let me tell you. If you go abouve 19 20w with a custome preset you will go threw coils fast

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To the original poster: are you priming your coils first? If you don’t prime them then you may get a burnt taste and burnt coils.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
To the original poster: are you priming your coils first? If you don’t prime them then you may get a burnt taste and burnt coils.
He is using and aio the coils are basically the whole top of the mod. They cant be primed like a normal atty. But these after filled up should sit 3 to 4 mins befor useed

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors