(FA) Condensed Milk – 0,5%
(TPA) Coconut (Extra) – 1%
(CAP) Bavarian Cream – 2%
(TPA) Caramel Original – 1%
(FA) Nut Mix – 2%
(TPA) Bitter Sweet Chocolate – 4%
30/70PG - Nic 3,5

Problems:

In both of them i don't have a throat hit, but a throat pain. Like, i can't even vape, really hurts my thoat. The taste is not bad, but is just unvapable because of this hard hard throat hit.

I thought it needs to steep. They're 10 days steeping.

No changes.

I don't know if some of these flavors contains alcohol and it didn't evaporate? Could be this?

Can someone help?

Best.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
People, please help me here.

I did two test recipes.

Here:

(NicVape) Raspberry 4%
(NicVape) BlackBerry 4%
(FA) Red Touch 1,5%
(TPA) Strawberry Ripe – 1%
(CAP) Super Sweetner – 0,5%
30/70PG - Nic 3,5

and:

(TPA) Sweet Cream – 3%
(TPA) Malted Milk – 1%
(FA) Nut Mix – 2%
30/70PG - Nic 3,5

Problems:

In both of them i don't have a throat hit, but a throat pain. Like, i can't even vape, really hurts my thoat. The taste is not bad, but is just unvapable because of this hard hard throat hit.

No changes.

I don't know if some of these flavors contains alcohol and it didn't evaporate? Could be this?

Can someone help?

Best.

I'm not sure about the strength of nicvape flavors, but I have both the raspberry and blackberry in FA and both are ridiculously strong. For myself personally, I wouldn't use the raspberry over 1% in a mix and 2% at the very most by itself. The blackberry not even that high, maybe .25 to .5. That's just a guess though.

In the second recipe, the only flavor I have in that list is the nut mix. Personally, I never use it higher than 1% or even .5. I can't really see anything else that might be causing your problem, but I'm not familiar with most of those flavors either. I hope somebody with a better stocked pantry chimes in before long to help you out.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
People, please help me here.

I did two test recipes.

Here:

(NicVape) Raspberry 4%
(NicVape) BlackBerry 4%
(FA) Red Touch 1,5%
(TPA) Strawberry Ripe – 1%
(CAP) Super Sweetner – 0,5%
30/70PG - Nic 3,5

and:

(TPA) Sweet Cream – 3%
(TPA) Malted Milk – 1%
(FA) Nut Mix – 2%
30/70PG - Nic 3,5

Problems:

No changes.

Can someone help?

Best.

Did you try each flavor from both recipes out as a solo?
How much pg is in these 2?

Have your tried vaping just pg/vg and nic, if so what happens?

If it was me, I would cut the NV in half..

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Huh. The second one actually looks ok. I agree on the nut mix maybe needing to drop a bit. And I’ve never used the Caps Bavarian. Or the TFA bittersweet, but it’s TFA so 4% doesn’t seem off the mark. And the rest seem on point.

The first one I agree with the other posters. BlackBerry is usually an insanely strong flavor....but I’m not familiar with Nicvape so I can’t help unless it falls in line with other companies. I would do what Smoky suggested and do single flavor tests for the Nicvape raspberry and blackberry. Start low, like 1%.

Are you using the same ratio of pg/vg and nic as before? Pg can definitely do the throat hit thing.

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Huh. The second one actually looks ok. I agree on the nut mix maybe needing to drop a bit. And I’ve never used the Caps Bavarian. Or the TFA bittersweet, but it’s TFA so 4% doesn’t seem off the mark. And the rest seem on point.

The first one I agree with the other posters. BlackBerry is usually an insanely strong flavor....but I’m not familiar with Nicvape so I can’t help unless it falls in line with other companies. I would do what Smoky suggested and do single flavor tests for the Nicvape raspberry and blackberry. Start low, like 1%.

Are you using the same ratio of pg/vg and nic as before? Pg can definitely do the throat hit thing.
Yeah, using the same VG/PG and Nic that i use in other recipes. No problem in any one of the others... And most of the flavor i also used in other recipes and never had that problem....

The only two i used for the first time was (NicVape) Raspberry 4% and (NicVape) BlackBerry 4%.

I'll try to low things down and taste as single flavor...

I just did 10ml of each. So i'll try to dilute it and see if something changes also.

I'll keep it with news.

best

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, using the same VG/PG and Nic that i use in other recipes. No problem in any one of the others... And most of the flavor i also used in other recipes and never had that problem....

The only two i used for the first time was (NicVape) Raspberry 4% and (NicVape) BlackBerry 4%.

I just did 10ml of each. So i'll try to dilute it and see if something changes also.

I'll keep it with news.

best
Also, maybe go to ELR and check out the notes and percentage recommendations on some of those flavors. See what other people have been using them at. Like I said, TFA usually runs on the higher side of things, but they do have a few flavors that are super strong. Bittersweet could be one of them.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

I'll keep it with news.

best

NV raspberry, I rarely use it over 1-1.2% you might want to start at .5% and work up till it is where you'd like it..
Ditto with blackberry.. I did a review set somewhere around here on the full line.

as for the other recipe.. surprised with all that cream.. there maybe just a reaction to the combo..
but until you go thru each flavor and test as solos, you wont find the culprit. :)

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
NV raspberry, I rarely use it over 1-1.2% you might want to start at .5% and work up till it is where you'd like it..
Ditto with blackberry.. I did a review set somewhere around here on the full line.

as for the other recipe.. surprised with all that cream.. there maybe just a reaction to the combo..
but until you go thru each flavor and test as solos, you wont find the culprit. :)
Yeah man, it's a possibility. And, just for add an info: it don't just hurt my thorat, but the first two or three puff i even fell a little pain in the lung (emoji with angry face).

Thinkg it was maybe alcohol, i let the caps open for like 4 hours. Notihing changes .

And thanks the berrys tips :)

best

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah man, it's a possibility. And, just for add an info: it don't just hurt my thorat, but the first two or three puff i even fell a little pain in the lung (emoji with angry face).

Thinkg it was maybe alcohol, i let the caps open for like 4 hours. Notihing changes .

And thanks the berrys tips :)

best

Will settle for "chick" :p LOL

First, I never ever leave my caps off.. second.. over using flavors can do that to you, and/or give a nasty feedback on those flavors.. keep things low and slow!! You really need the gases as they enter mingle around.. otherwise you will have flavor loss.. and what ever is in the air around you mixed into your ejuice.. not to mention it can and will make your nic go wonky.. no telling what it has done to you.. but again, try out all of your flavors as solos, and you will become a better mixer..

You can go check out how others use it, but your own tongue will tell you better than what anyone else is using. :)

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Will settle for "chick" :p LOL

First, I never ever leave my caps off.. second.. over using flavors can do that to you, and/or give a nasty feedback on those flavors.. keep things low and slow!! You really need the gases as they enter mingle around.. otherwise you will have flavor loss.. and what ever is in the air around you mixed into your ejuice.. not to mention it can and will make your nic go wonky.. no telling what it has done to you.. but again, try out all of your flavors as solos, and you will become a better mixer..

You can go check out how others use it, but your own tongue will tell you better than what anyone else is using. :)
Yeah. I never ever leave my bottles open. It was a desesperate measure lol

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Bugga
When I get a harsh feeling, I know it's time to change my coil.
Maybe it's not your juice??
Dunno, just wondering
Unfortunately not :/
Change coils almost every week and cotton like two, three days. In actually, i put a brand new coil and wick in my RTA and RDA and use both recipes as first juice to make sure i was not tasting the rest of other flavor.
The sh*t is so strong that the first two or three puff also hurts my lungs :headbang:

Best :)

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
30/70 PG? Is that what you usually vape? If not then 70 PG is pretty high and PG is what gives you the throat hit. Could be too much throat hit. In general most vapes are 70/30 VG/PG. If not then watch your wattage. Maybe try it lower.

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
30/70 PG? Is that what you usually vape? If not then 70 PG is pretty high and PG is what gives you the throat hit. Could be too much throat hit. In general most vapes are 70/30 VG/PG. If not then watch your wattage. Maybe try it lower.
Stupid me. I meant 30PG/70VG!!!! lol Thats my usual mix. A few times a go a little lower or 50/50 tops. I like VG :)

best

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I can not see it as an allergy to pg.. and you had posted it doesn't happen in other mixes, but these 2..
So.. I'd solo and see where the issues are. Just my thinking..

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I can not see it as an allergy to pg.. and you had posted it doesn't happen in other mixes, but these 2..
So.. I'd solo and see where the issues are. Just my thinking..
In the cream, nutty chocolate i still don't know wich flavor is causing this. But, as you sair, raspberry and blackberry are too damn strongm and i guess them are causing it. I diluted. 1 part of juice and 3 parts of PG/VG/Nic and the problem was solved. Did same thing with the creammy-coco-nuts, but add just like a little VG-PG/Nic, ends ups with 3 parts of juice and 1 of this new "base". It got better, but stills hitting. I will dilute it more tomorow.

Thanks guys.

Best

VU Sponsors