Become a Patron!

What were your favorite childhood shows?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dead or alive says John Auistin is still alive and appearing in this 2016 film.....

Starship II: Rendezvous with Ramses

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Hmm, that's very odd; I know I had heard of his death many years ago. I guess, like Mark Twain, "reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated." :giggle:

Andria

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1445013043214.jpg
Oh man, the episode when Andre the Giant played Bigfoot!

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What about the super hero shows? Today's generation didn't "invent" them. We had Isis, which was on of my favorites, and I still want a raven, Captain Marvel, The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What about the super hero shows? Today's generation didn't "invent" them. We had Isis, which was on of my favorites, and I still want a raven, Captain Marvel, The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman...

What was that one with William Katt and Robert Culp.. Greatest American Hero? That was a RIOT! Just seeing how he'd land the next time made the whole show worth watching! :giggle:

Andria

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What was that one with William Katt and Robert Culp.. Greatest American Hero? That was a RIOT! Just seeing how he'd land the next time made the whole show worth watching! :giggle:

Andria
Believe it or not, I'm walking on air...

Oh, and The A Team.

Man, we had a lot of craptastically good shows.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Believe it or not, I'm walking on air...

Oh, and The A Team.

Man, we had a lot of craptastically good shows.

I fucking LOVED the A-Team -- MURDOCH!!! And the guy who played him showed up years later on ST:TNG and ST:DS9.

Andria

ETA: ah, that last one was meant to be 'deep space 9" but you can't put a colon and a D without making a smiley. :D

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I'll be showing my age, but here goes. When I was very young, some of my favorites shows were Skyking, Sea Hunt, The Man From U.N.C.L.E, Mision Impossible, and of course most of the old classic cartoons (Bugs Bunny, Tom&Jerry, etc)..
I then moved on to Star Trek, Lost In Space, Hogan's Hero's, etc.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria

I absolutely loved that show but every time I ask someone about it they just get this puzzled look on their face. :(

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Old batman and Robin
Mr ed
My three sons
I dream of Jennie
Good times
Get smart
Threes company
Too close for comfort

Those are just some off the top of my head but there are a lot more.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I absolutely loved that show but every time I ask someone about it they just get this puzzled look on their face. :(

In the late 90s I ran into the girl who was my BFF in high school, hadn't seen her in nearly 20 yrs. She kept asking me "How do you remember all this stuff???" All I could say was "How could YOU forget it? Were you asleep?" :D :facepalm:

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
In the late 90s I ran into the girl who was my BFF in high school, hadn't seen her in nearly 20 yrs. She kept asking me "How do you remember all this stuff???" All I could say was "How could YOU forget it? Were you asleep?" :D :facepalm:

Andria

For real, with each post I see more and more stuff I vividly remember watching. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Old batman and Robin
Mr ed
My three sons
I dream of Jennie
Good times
Get smart
Threes company
Too close for comfort

Those are just some off the top of my head but there are a lot more.

For real, with each post I see more and more stuff I vividly remember watching. :)

Mr Ed, My Favorite Martian, The Man from Uncle, and the early B&W Bewitched, are probably the very earliest shows I have some memory of -- and another, called "The 2nd Hundred Years," with Monte Markham -- but Mr Ed... man, when I found out that that horse didn't REALLY talk, I was absolutely CRUSHED. I FELT COMPLETELY CHEATED!!! :giggle:

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Mr Ed, My Favorite Martian, The Man from Uncle, and the early B&W Bewitched, are probably the very earliest shows I have some memory of -- and another, called "The 2nd Hundred Years," with Monte Markham -- but Mr Ed... man, when I found out that that horse didn't REALLY talk, I was absolutely CRUSHED. I FELT COMPLETELY CHEATED!!! :giggle:

Andria

Mork and Mindy! The My Favorite Martian made me think of that one.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mork and Mindy! The My Favorite Martian made me think of that one.

Pretty sure I was in high school, and just after, when that was on, so I was in my "too cool to watch TV" phase. :giggle: But I did discover Mork years later on TVland, and had a blast watching those.

Another that I loved, though I wasn't a kid, I think it was shortly after I graduated, or it might have started in my Sr year, was Remington Steele -- which gave the world Pierce Brosnan! I was in LUST with that man!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another that no one has yet mentioned -- The original Not Ready for Primetime Players, on Saturday Night Live! I was 14 when that started; missed the entire first year, when Chevy Chase was on it, but I discovered it by the next year, when Bill Murray joined them.

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Another that no one has yet mentioned -- The original Not Ready for Primetime Players, on Saturday Night Live! I was 14 when that started; missed the entire first year, when Chevy Chase was on it, but I discovered it by the next year, when Bill Murray joined them.

Andria

Yeah I wasn't allowed to watch those when they first aired so I had to go back a re-watch all of them. But they are the comedians that really made me laugh not the crap I see most of the time now days.

Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd(sp?) were some of my other favorites as well. Two wild and crazy guys!!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I wasn't allowed to watch those when they first aired so I had to go back a re-watch all of them. But they are the comedians that really made me laugh not the crap I see most of the time now days.

Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd(sp?) were some of my other favorites as well. Two wild and crazy guys!!!!

Yep that skit started on SNL, when Steve Martin hosted! He didn't have white hair then! :giggle:

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yep that skit started on SNL, when Steve Martin hosted! He didn't have white hair then! :giggle:

Andria

I am bad with names so I had to google them but Jane Curtin and I can't find it but the lady with very large, curly hair were brilliant as well. I wan't to say her last name started with an R I may be way off.

ETA: Found it Gilda Radner!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am bad with names so I had to google them but Jane Curtin and I can't find it but the lady with very large, curly hair were brilliant as well. I wan't to say her last name started with an R I may be way off.

Gilda Radner -- she was actually the 2nd from that bunch to die; ovarian cancer in her case. She and Gene Wilder were married.

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Gilda Radner -- she was actually the 2nd from that bunch to die; ovarian cancer in her case. She and Gene Wilder were married.

Andria

Yeah that's her, man talk about memory lane with that bunch. :)

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Incredible Hulk!!! I loved that show.

And MacGyver when I was 11.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Incredible Hulk!!! I loved that show.

And MacGyver when I was 11.

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." :D

There's a remake of McGyver on Friday nights. We caught the opener last week, and it's not bad; it's got George Eads in it too, the guy from the original CSI... think his character was Nick? The guy playing Mac is a young thang who grew up in Atlanta, and he's pretty easy on the eyes, and I always love all the gadgets that character can rig up, from pretty much nothing or everything. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There's 2 greats from the past that no one has yet mentioned.... The Ed Sullivan Show... yeah I saw the Beatles, but I was like 4 I think? Maybe 3? I dunno for sure. (Topo Gigio made a bigger impression!)

And let us never forget a show that changed a great many things on TV. SOAP. If nothing else, it gave us Billy Crystal. I was in my mid-to-late teens for that one, so old enough to get 99% of it. :D My husband and I watched it recently all the way thru, on YT, and the first 2 seasons were as fucking hilarious as I remembered!

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Was a Monkees fanatic in the 70s :crazy:

By my teens in the late 70s, Second City TV was IT man. It came on after SNL and was even edgier.

Eugene Levy is still a fave, along with Andrea Martin....

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ya know, Dodds.. Ive never run across anyone else familiar with HR Puffinstuff.
I still remember being scared of those trees..

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know, right? No one I know remembers the show at all. Sigmund and the Sea Monsters they remember, but not Pufnstuf. The most ridiculous thing about that is that I remember watching it when my mother was pregnant with my younger brother, so 1969 it would have been. And I was just 2! It's now considered a "cult" show, I think. Which means I was a "cult" fiction fan at least almost from birth. :D

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My mommy made me play outside :( Wasn't allowed to watch PG films either :sad:

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My mommy made me play outside :( Wasn't allowed to watch PG films either :sad:
LOL, we did plenty of that too. After 10 or so on the weekends, we were gone, came back for lunch around 12-1 and then gone until dark again. :D

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL, we did plenty of that too. After 10 or so on the weekends, we were gone, came back for lunch around 12-1 and then gone until dark again. :D
;) So many memories playing outside. My kids ask me how did you even function without a computer ? I said I had a wild imagination. ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I know, right? No one I know remembers the show at all. Sigmund and the Sea Monsters they remember, but not Pufnstuf. The most ridiculous thing about that is that I remember watching it when my mother was pregnant with my younger brother, so 1969 it would have been. And I was just 2! It's now considered a "cult" show, I think. Which means I was a "cult" fiction fan at least almost from birth. :D

I remember it. And there was some kind of big deal about HR Pufinstuf at Atlanta's Omni International, some sort of kid's attraction. The Omni is long gone now, though the "international" part, where the hotel and ice rink were, may still be there, not sure. That's where the attraction was.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
;) So many memories playing outside. My kids ask me how did you even function without a computer ? I said I had a wild imagination. ;)

Yeah, and bikes and skates! And no busybodies making us wear helmets either!

Andria

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hell, we had tons of stuff to do. Stickball, stoop ball, ringolevio, skelzies. For the most part, nobody who grew up outside of Brooklyn will know any of those. But probably my favorite thing to do as a kid was urban nature hunts. We'd catch crickets or walking sticks or praying mantises or slugs or snails and keep them in small tanks as pets. If you were really good (I was) you could find a small permanent pond and snatch up some tadpoles. I had a terrarium with pill bugs, millipedes and crickets that was really cool, and once found a 4" long brightish yellow slug that lived for like two years. We had tons of stuff to keep us busy.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm only 26 and played outside 24/7. I made forts out of the Mimosa trees and made staves of the sticks after I stripped the bark off to make rope (Think Castaway). I used the leaves from the Mimosa's to make pallets and Made potions (Didn't actually ingest) from random plants I found around the house. We only had a computer for a short time when I was an older teen and had no internet. I was the bomb at minesweeper and spider solitaire tho. :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I remember when Pong came out; we got that. But it grows tiresome VERY quickly! I think it was probably... 72? 73? Not sure.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I remember HR Puffenstuff, I played outside a LOT, but I did see a lot of tv, too. I functioned without computers, because I didn't miss one, not knowing what one was at the time, at least not for home use. I played on an Atari, too, but only when my brothers weren't hogging it, first. Mom let me see PG movies, but didn't know that after she dropped us off, we'd buy our tickets for one movie, then go into the other.

Good times, yep.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not going very vintage or classic on this one, but Saved by the Bell after school, Tales from the Crypt on on either Friday or Saturday night! My mom let me watch pretty much whatever when I was growing up, so the t&a on HBO was always a hit with my friends lol!

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
wow, great thread.

I have so many favorites
twilight zone,
addams family
kimba the white lion
astro boy
superman ( max fleicsher)
alfred hitchcock show