Become a Patron!

What were your favorite childhood shows?

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah, and bikes and skates! And no busybodies making us wear helmets either!

Andria

My parents gave me lawn darts one Christmas, thinking about it now they may have wanted me gone. :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My parents gave me lawn darts one Christmas, thinking about it now they may have wanted me gone. :D

My mom used to tell me "Go play in the traffic," when she was sick of me. :giggle: I did the same sometimes, or my husband's much milder version: "Let me miss you." :giggle:

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My mom used to tell me "Go play in the traffic," when she was sick of me. :giggle: I did the same sometimes, or my husband's much milder version: "Let me miss you." :giggle:

Andria

lol! Do you know what would happen to a parent now days if a kid told their teacher,"They just put me outside and tell me to come home when the street lights come on."

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
lol! Do you know what would happen to a parent now days if a kid told their teacher,"They just put me outside and tell me to come home when the street lights come on."

No idea, but my son knew that was the timekeeper -- if he wasn't home within 5 mins of the streetllights coming on, he didn't get to go out at all the next day -- because, as I told him, if he didn't know when to come home, I couldn't risk letting him out. :D It worked miracles, let me tell ya! Also, if I didn't know where he was, same applied. By such logical, rational discipline, I raised a kid that always called me to let me know where he was, when he'd be home, and if he'd be late, he called again. I think it was the same rationality that caused him to call us, when he once attended a party and had a bit too much to drink (he was 22, so a little inexperienced with drinking). But my husband went straight to get him, and I gave him a big hug when he got home and thanked him for using his excellent brains even if they were a bit pickled. :D

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No idea, but my son knew that was the timekeeper -- if he wasn't home within 5 mins of the streetllights coming on, he didn't get to go out at all the next day -- because, as I told him, if he didn't know when to come home, I couldn't risk letting him out. :D It worked miracles, let me tell ya! Also, if I didn't know where he was, same applied. By such logical, rational discipline, I raised a kid that always called me to let me know where he was, when he'd be home, and if he'd be late, he called again. I think it was the same rationality that caused him to call us, when he once attended a party and had a bit too much to drink (he was 22, so a little inexperienced with drinking). But my husband went straight to get him, and I gave him a big hug when he got home and thanked him for using his excellent brains even if they were a bit pickled. :D

Andria

Same here, I would be out with my friends and those lights came on I would be peddlin' my ass off to get home. Like your son I was raised with self responsibility and a little freedom, something kids now days have no earthly idea about. I had to make my own choices about right and wrong as it is now if someone doesn't tell them it's wrong it must be ok. And now it has come full circle I am the guy on the porch talking about the good ole days and how things would be so much better if kids could be raised like we were.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did nobody ever play hide and seek in the dark outside? Fun times... Specially when you laid on the ground and the seeker stepped all over you stumbling around in the dark. :eek::teehee::xD::tantrum:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Did nobody ever play hide and seek in the dark outside? Fun times... Specially when you laid on the ground and the seeker stepped all over you stumbling around in the dark. :eek::teehee::xD::tantrum:

No, but my friends and I did play "paintball" with BB Guns before they invented paint ball guns. Still have a scar on my chest from when that asshole Kylan decided to use field tip bb's. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same here, I would be out with my friends and those lights came on I would be peddlin' my ass off to get home. Like your son I was raised with self responsibility and a little freedom, something kids now days have no earthly idea about. I had to make my own choices about right and wrong as it is now if someone doesn't tell them it's wrong it must be ok. And now it has come full circle I am the guy on the porch talking about the good ole days and how things would be so much better if kids could be raised like we were.

I clued my son in on a secret when he first started school: that I couldn't MAKE him do anything; all I could do was offer incentive/motivation, or punishment; the choice of which he received was strictly his own -- I could offer him incentive to do well, or if he chose poorly, I could provide punishment. He was mostly extremely well-behaved! The entire time he was in high school, I had exactly ONE conference regarding his behavior -- when I turned to him right in front of the teacher and vice-principal and asked him what the HELL was his problem, because he sure wasn't raised to act that way, he looked like he wanted to sink into the floor. He apologized to the teacher and to me for causing me to have to come to the school, and it was never repeated. When he was a little kid, people would warn me that the teenage years were horrible, but I never found that to be true; the older he got, the more rational he became, and the more I actually liked him as a person.

Sadly, once he'd graduated and joined the navy, I missed my little guy. He's a terrific person, but he's a man; that little guy is gone forever. :(

Andria

KEWB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a child of the 90s. Rocko's Modern Life was my favorite, but I also really enjoyed Angry Beavers, Dexter's Lab, and Ed, Edd, and Eddy to name a few.

I was more of a gamer though. Banjo Kazooie was my jam. I've actually got the N64 logo tattooed on my right bicep.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm a child of the 90s. Rocko's Modern Life was my favorite, but I also really enjoyed Angry Beavers, Dexter's Lab, and Ed, Edd, and Eddy to name a few.

I was more of a gamer though. Banjo Kazooie was my jam. I've actually got the N64 logo tattooed on my right bicep.

Man the N64 I remember when it came out and how the 64-bit graphics changed the game, spent many an hour on that system. :)

VU Sponsors