Become a Patron!

What will give me a denser vape?

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have only 2 kinds of wire to work with ATM.

Demon killer fused clapton wire 28ga*2+32ga (which I do not really enjoy working with so much)

UD Builders Choice 24ga Kanthal A1(plan on making it parallel)

I was reading and watching videos on making parallel coils with the 24ga wire and it seems like I may be able to manage that.

The question is: What would give me a denser, and faster, vape with the same size coils? Say wrapped on a 2.5mm screwdriver 6 or 6.5 times?

I will be building on a CCI archon with a velocity style deck.

Last edited:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Air control.
You can vape a 1ohm coil and tighten the air flow and get a dense cloud (though not that big).
It used to be considered that bigger airflow would get you bigger clouds but I find that a tighter chamber (not too tight) and controlling excess air with your lips will give you better results.
For example when you start inhaling leave the ends of your lips a little open so you get some air in with the vape and then toward the end of the pull you pucker on the drip tip so the first vapor to be exhaled is thicker and then followed by the rest of your cloud... don't know if that makes any sense I described it the best way I could.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh and also I know a lot of people like kanthal but the ramp up takes too long I'd opt for n80, n90 or ss wire if this isn't possible then yeah dual 24k is your best bet.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally built some parallels with that 24g. I ended up with 7 wraps because 6 times was coming to .103 and I was afraid the alien would malfunction. It doesn't always ask me if I have a new coil and I know it wont read below.1 if the resistance changed a bit. I got scared and gave it another wrap and it comes to .136. I feel better about it now. lol If I lose my patience with it, Ill just wrap some simple coils with the 24g. I am not too happy with the clapton wire. It gets all gunky too fast and it is springy as hell.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Air control.
You can vape a 1ohm coil and tighten the air flow and get a dense cloud (though not that big).
It used to be considered that bigger airflow would get you bigger clouds but I find that a tighter chamber (not too tight) and controlling excess air with your lips will give you better results.
For example when you start inhaling leave the ends of your lips a little open so you get some air in with the vape and then toward the end of the pull you pucker on the drip tip so the first vapor to be exhaled is thicker and then followed by the rest of your cloud... don't know if that makes any sense I described it the best way I could.

Thanks! Yep, I wanted denser and more of it. lol So I guess bigger coils and less air? I usually vape with only 2 or 3 of the 8 holes on each side open anyway. I like a little bit of restriction for some flavor and feel anyway.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a lot of the predone Clapton wire ect. When I wrap I hold the one leg and pull with plyers, then wrap second loop and pull leg again and so on for every wrap. I find it holds its shape longer and gives me enough time to lightly torch it. Then I hold a leg and pull other side then pull reverse side. Then coils stay the very same and do not spring open bigger. CHEERS!

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Twisted coils man! Those things are a work horse! I got em in my HOG V3 6wrap 26g n80 but your wire will work just the same! Flavor and clouds are amazing and your wattage range is wide. I vape on mine any where from 60W to 250W without a dry or burnt hit. Flavor is better than fused Claptons imo heres the picturesIMG_20170402_221810.jpg IMG_20170402_215704.jpg IMG_20170402_215534.jpg IMG_20170402_221810.jpg IMG_20170402_215704.jpg IMG_20170402_215534.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Fused claptons out of the two you said

Want big thick clouds go for some framed staples more surface area higher VG% is a must as well

I find twisted coils spit like a bstd

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fused claptons out of the two you said

Want big thick clouds go for some framed staples more surface area higher VG% is a must as well

I find twisted coils spit like a bstd
Twisted coils vape amazing and smooth when you Scottish roll the wick and insert em medium snug mass flavor and never a dry hit if you don't go over 250w it's all I run in my hog v3 .

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Twisted coils vape amazing and smooth when you Scottish roll the wick and insert em medium snug mass flavor and never a dry hit if you don't go over 250w it's all I run in my hog v3 .

Don't get me wrong I don't dislike twisted coils find they spit more especially if you don't twist em tight still yet to find a better vape than on a framed staple coil though ....made myself some twisted framed helixs yet to use them ...who knows best of both worlds lol

IMG_0953.JPG

These are what I'm running on my boreas right now they really are awesome clouds and flavour! Like a fog machine

IMG_0942.JPG

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Heres one for you gonna mount this bad boy later :D

IMG_0961.JPG

Subohmer82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
26g Kanthal dual coil parallels were my go to before when i was using copper and brass mechs, fast ramp up and mildly warm/dense vape, stuck with 26g parallels so the amp load wasnt excessive, find your vape happy place haha! The best part about building! Just be aware of amp load limits on your batteries and do ohm checks on your builds before firing.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I call it... the can of worms.... seriously though it didn't vape too good.
e7a726f454cf528a062c8fc2bfd31435.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah know what you mean too much mass on them always tricky to get good connection with all that wire at the end of the leg ....they take an age to heat as well

I was surprised by one of the old school wire types the dragon skin cooked up nicely although as I've observed with my very first post in this thread ....twisted wires spit stand true with whatever I've used

IMG_1041.JPG

VU Sponsors