Become a Patron!

what's a good vanilla custard flavor

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am about to place yet another flavoring order. I haven't done anything in custards yet and want to give it a try. Im looking for a little help deciding what to buy. I want a nice stand alone vanilla custard that mixes nicely. any suggestion would be appreciated.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The classic one that you taste in so many custard flavors is Capella Vanilla Custard. There are two versions - the new V2 is supposed to be diketone free.

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you !!!! I will get both and give them a try. Thanks for the link too .

Bryan Miller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
CAP Vanilla Custard <3. Just finished my first 4 oz bottle and working on a second. Oreo's Custard has put a big dent in the second bottle already.

10% of 450 ml = 45 ML DOWN!

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oreo custard??? That sounds great! Is there a recipe for that?

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How long do you let these flavors steep?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I've found the older they get the richer they taste. Time is the best friend of custards and tobaccos. Some say a minimum of four weeks, others will say months.

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh boy. This is gonna require patience that I just do not have.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
I typically let my custards steep for about as long as it takes to shake them up real good and drip them into my rda. I'll give yall that they def. Improve over time though lol. Yesterday I tried caps v1 vanilla custard, love it. Also I have a bottle of mamajs game over on the way. So looking forward to that. Lol
Oh Ya also, the crock pot steep works good for me. Thanks for the suggestion!

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok I just placed an order with mama j's. They where out of end game. I picked up custard from fa instead. Will have to wait for it to come back into stock. Also grabbed like 15 other flavors I have been needING for a couple of his receipes. One of the flavors I got was mj4. It's their take on ry4. Anyone have any experience with it? What % to use or if it's good to mix with?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He'll list a recommended % on the bottle. ;)

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh cool. I saw they listed recommendations for most of the other flavors but not that one.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ok I just placed an order with mama j's. They where out of end game. I picked up custard from fa instead. Will have to wait for it to come back into stock. Also grabbed like 15 other flavors I have been needING for a couple of his receipes. One of the flavors I got was mj4. It's their take on ry4. Anyone have any experience with it? What % to use or if it's good to mix with?
I too tried to get some of that end of game over custard but they were OOS. I hear awesome reviews on that and I do love custards but the Cap V2 is a bit strange to me. Hopefully MammaJ will have it back soon

Last edited:

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a fan of the seed steep: Mix a huge batch 25% Caps VCv2, no nic. Use this as flavoring, multiplying the recipe recommendation by 4. Still needs to sit overnight for other flavors to blend once mixed.

Concentrated VCv2 is at least 2 weeks away from tasting decent imo, good at 3, great at 4. You shouldn't be able to smell butyric acid when opening a fully steeped bottle.

After tasting it fully steeped a few times, I can enjoy it fresh a little bit, whereas I used to hate it.

My favorite custard vape so far: Jason's White Coconut cake (read thread for author updates and inspiration). Haven't tried Game Over.

Last edited:

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm a fan of the seed steep: Mix a huge batch 25% Caps VCv2, no nic. Use this as flavoring, multiplying the recipe recommendation by 4. Still needs to sit overnight for other flavors to blend once mixed.

Concentrated VCv2 is at least 2 weeks away from tasting decent imo, good at 3, great at 4. You shouldn't be able to smell butyric acid when opening a fully steeped bottle.

After tasting it fully steeped a few times, I can enjoy it fresh a little bit, whereas I used to hate it.

My favorite custard vape so far: Jason's White Coconut cake (read thread for author updates and inspiration). Haven't tried Game Over.

That's a great idea. And the white coconut cake sounds incredible! I have to try that.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your tolerance of butyric acid basically determines how much steeping VCv2 needs for you to enjoy it. Don't even taste (waste) test it while steeping imo, that undesirable note is fragrant so your nose will let you know when it's ready.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Concentrated VCv2 is at least 2 weeks away from tasting decent imo, good at 3, great at 4
That explains why I wasn't impressed with the flavor. Silly me always wanting to shake n vape. Anyone know if the wait time is the same for 'Game Over'? Not meaning the wait time for it to be back in stock, silly you. Hehe

Dan Knight

Member For 4 Years
That explains why I wasn't impressed with the flavor. Silly me always wanting to shake n vape. Anyone know if the wait time is the same for 'Game Over'? Not meaning the wait time for it to be back in stock, silly you. Hehe

It's in stock right now (I just checked). Both 5 and 15 ml sizes.

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Placed my order for end game.. all out of the large size by the time I got to check out..

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Received my end of game custard in from Mama j's. Now gotta mix it in with some yummy receipe. Suggestions?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Thanks @AmandaD. I plan to do that. The bottle states 14%. Is that your recommended starting point? I love me some custard and am stoked to try this out today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever is on the bottle is the correct percentage! Do remember that this one continues to improve as it ages - typical custard. So make some, taste it, and then make sure you have some left over to put away for a week or so! Or stick it in a crockpot for 4 hours and then taste it tomorrow!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I will Def do that. I have been using my UC lately instead if crock method. I like it better :) custard heaven I see coming my way

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Mixed up a 3ml bottle of game over by mama j's at the recommended 14% into the UC for a few cycles. Now the waiting game lolol. I will try a little tomorrow once it thickens back up

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Mixed up a 3ml bottle of game over by mama j's at the recommended 14% into the UC for a few cycles. Now the waiting game lolol. I will try a little tomorrow once it thickens back up
hey I just noticed this post. I seen vanilla custard lol. I'd try a little shake and vape to just cuz :) I like it fresh or steeped. let me know how you like it

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hey Will. I am going to give it a try in just a little bit. It's still warm and thin after coming out of the warm uc. The second it's cool enough it's going in the mutant x for some yummy tasting. The rest I will try to maintain control and let sit for a bit

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hey Will. I am going to give it a try in just a little bit. It's still warm and thin after coming out of the warm uc. The second it's cool enough it's going in the mutant x for some yummy tasting. The rest I will try to maintain control and let sit for a bit

oh its going to taste so good on that dripper lol

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Minga. Slap me in the ass and call me pretty. If game over is not the best custard ever done then I challenge anyone to show me something better. Freshly mixed this blows the balls off of cap V2. I can't even imagine what a little steeping time would do. I am simply amazed at this. Awesome job Mama J's. Love love love it

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Minga. Slap me in the ass and call me pretty. If game over is not the best custard ever done then I challenge anyone to show me something better. Freshly mixed this blows the balls off of cap V2. I can't even imagine what a little steeping time would do. I am simply amazed at this. Awesome job Mama J's. Love love love it

:)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Treat yourself to some of his strawberry custard! Every time I vape that I grow a halo and hear angels singing.....lol!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hi @TeresaP. I will be placing a new order this week with Mamas. That one is one the yummy list :)

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok since I am a taster should I start at half the normal percentage? On the Game Over and S'Berry Custard?o_O

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I imagine you could, then work your way up if necessary. I'm a full-flavor gal myself and the recommended percentages worked out wonderfully!

VU Sponsors