Become a Patron!

Whats a standard size 1.6-1.8 ohm coil using 28 AWG Kanthal?

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to know what mm wrap should I use to make a standard size, 2.5. 3, 3.5? Basically what's standard? Thanks.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I want to know what mm wrap should I use to make a standard size, 2.5. 3, 3.5? Basically what's standard? Thanks.
There's no standard! It really depends on the space you have on the deck, what ID (Inner Diameter) you can use. The larger the ID, the less likely you will have wicking problems (dry hits). In order to figure out a good coil build, utilize http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp? as a guideline.

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1.5-1.6 with 28awg... I'll assume you are using a regulated mod. Cause that coil would be too cold for unregulated, 8-9watts. I would go with 2.5mm about 8 wraps. feeding it 15-20 watts. IF I get dry hits I'd go up to 3mm next time and drop a loop.

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1.5-1.6 with 28awg... I'll assume you are using a regulated mod. Cause that coil would be too cold for unregulated, 8-9watts. I would go with 2.5mm about 8 wraps. feeding it 15-20 watts. IF I get dry hits I'd go up to 3mm next time and drop a loop.
Yeah I vape MTL with a istick 60w at usually 8.5w to 15w max.

VU Sponsors