Become a Patron!

Whats better mod - Istick pico 75w or Kanger kbox mini c 50w?

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK, so i have 2 mods at the moment. both of em have the exact same cleito exo tanks on em.

What i want to know, is which mod is better? I know the istick has a better screen/upgradable firmware and higher wattage capabilities...but which is best for durability and lasting performance?

Ive heard that kanger is like the honda civic of mods...meaning itlll last and perform forever..and Im worried that because my girlfriend dropped the istick so many times..that its gonna fault out on me....

so, which do you think i should go with? The istick pico 75 or the kbox mini 50?

thanks!!

I cant compare as I have not used the Kbox. I do have 2 of the Pico 75s that have performed very well. I do not care for the Melo lll tanks that came with them but no complaints on the box.

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
one
I cant compare as I have not used the Kbox. I do have 2 of the Pico 75s that have performed very well. I do not care for the Melo lll tanks that came with them but no complaints on the box.
thing ive been worried about is the fact that if i bump the bottom of the istick to hard, the screen goes blank for a second and shows 0.00 across ... that ever happend?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no, i dont mean on purpose..like if i put it down upright to hard..itll blank out...
If it's reading 0.00 it sounds like a problem with the 510 connector, I'd try cleaning the 510 but hopefully someone can chime in too cos this has never happened to me!

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does it not say "check atomizer error" when it pops up with the 0.00 reading??
no it doesnt say that at all..it just blanks out nd goes 0 batt juice nd 0.00 everything else for 1 second then kicks back in..im worried it might stay that way one time

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no it doesnt say that at all..it just blanks out nd goes 0 batt juice nd 0.00 everything else for 1 second then kicks back in..im worried it might stay that way one time
I don't get it cos no "low atomizer" or "no atomizer" just going blank for no reason!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
one

thing ive been worried about is the fact that if i bump the bottom of the istick to hard, the screen goes blank for a second and shows 0.00 across ... that ever happend?
you lost battery connection. Just like.. laying some rice flat on a table and then slapping the table.. the rice jumps.. pretty much same thing.
Now that said.. if you are jarring your mod hard enough to bounce the battery and lose contact, you really need to stop abusing your mod before something bad happens. They aren't Fisher Price. Treat your mods with respect.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
no, i dont mean on purpose..like if i put it down upright to hard..itll blank out...
Try a rubber mod wrap. Or glue a piece of an old inner tube to the bottom. It wont be pretty, or perfect, but will absorb some of the shock. Even better.. learn to treat your mod with respect, and not slam it down. (I gave the rubber solution, just in case there is some issue (medical?) that limits muscle control, without actually asking your medical info. :))

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pico if only because it is more Upgradeable..... BUT not the 75 if you want a modern atomizer.... it take a 22mm atty... most NEW atties are 24mm or bigger.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you lost battery connection. Just like.. laying some rice flat on a table and then slapping the table.. the rice jumps.. pretty much same thing.
Now that said.. if you are jarring your mod hard enough to bounce the battery and lose contact, you really need to stop abusing your mod before something bad happens. They aren't Fisher Price. Treat your mods with respect.
Couldn't of put it better myself!

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pico if only because it is more Upgradeable..... BUT not the 75 if you want a modern atomizer.... it take a 22mm atty... most NEW atties are 24mm or bigger.
I would put my vote in for the Pico, but as said above don't get the 75. Get the Pico 25 so you can use larger attys if you would like.

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
bro..wth r u talking about abusing my mod? Im not a 13 yr old kid, i know how to keep my stuff. If u consider setting your mod down upright on a table "abusing" it...then sure... if i were "abusing" my mod...then ide have a reason as to why it was happening..as opposed to having to ask people if they know why its happening. Thanks for the advice tho

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would go for the Istick.
Main reason being better TC.
And of course 25 more watts.

and if you are talking about the 50W Kbox mini it has no TC and the 75W versions have horrible TC.

I love My Kbox mini's been using one for over 2 years now.
However the ones with TC have sucky TC.

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would go for the Istick.
Main reason being better TC.
And of course 25 more watts.

and if you are talking about the 50W Kbox mini it has no TC and the 75W versions have horrible TC.

I love My Kbox mini's been using one for over 2 years now.
However the ones with TC have sucky TC.
ive only been vaping for about 2 months...i dont know what temp control is used for, or what the difference is from watts? I know how to enable it, but whats the point?

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As far as you losing the battery connection I happened to have my pico with me. I can only recreate the scenario when my battery cap is real loose. My guess is yours is not loose so maybe try cleaning the battery cap and or both connections.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got over a yr on my 1st kbox mini. Also over a yr on my kbox mini platinum and still going strong.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
Yep no complaints from me either on the Kbox mini 50w or the 75W TC. Other than the TC really sucking on the 75W.
over 2 years on a 50W one and still going.

I do like the bottom fill Subtank mini tank better than the top fill one.
Been using one of those for over 2 years as well with the RBA.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep no complaints from me either on the Kbox mini 50w or the 75W TC. Other than the TC really sucking on the 75W.
over 2 years on a 50W one and still going.
I've never been happy with any tc myself including kbox, smok alien, vtc mini etc. I guess it might be how i build my coils your exposed to leave gaps in the ss. But if that's the case I'll stick to power bc a solid coil heats more even and all around better imo.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never been happy with any tc myself including kbox, smok alien, vtc mini etc. I guess it might be how i build my coils your exposed to leave gaps in the ss. But if that's the case I'll stick to power bc a solid coil heats more even and all around better imo.

I only use TC in my Dripbox 2 and Dripbox 160 with spaced SS316L coils. Works fine in there and no dry hits if I forget to squonk :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you want good TC on a budget go with an aspire mod :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only use TC in my Dripbox 2 and Dripbox 160 with spaced SS316L coils. Works fine in there and no dry hits if I forget to squonk :)
I've just got a Hadaly for my dripbox 160. Good mod if you got rid of the terrible atty it comes with!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've just got a Hadaly for my dripbox 160. Good mod if you got rid of the terrible atty it comes with!
Actually I really like my stock Dripbox attys well the ones that came with the 160 anyway.
You just have to build up at the top of the posts so the airflow hits the coil well.
A decent vape for me. And VERY difficult to oversquonk.

Yep cheap construction but so far no issues with that and I never even tried one of the factory coil assys as I knew they would not vape good with the coils so low down.

I even use the Dripbox attys on my Coppervape.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I really like my stock Dripbox attys well the ones that came with the 160 anyway.
You just have to build up at the top of the posts so the airflow hits the coil well.
A decent vape for me. And VERY difficult to oversquonk.

Yep cheap construction but so far no issues with that and I never even tried one of the factory coil assys as I knew they would not vape good with the coils so low down.

I even use the Dripbox attys on my Coppervape.
Just never rated it

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
bro..wth r u talking about abusing my mod? Im not a 13 yr old kid, i know how to keep my stuff. If u consider setting your mod down upright on a table "abusing" it...then sure... if i were "abusing" my mod...then ide have a reason as to why it was happening..as opposed to having to ask people if they know why its happening. Thanks for the advice tho
You have to take that in context.

no, i dont mean on purpose..like if i put it down upright to hard..itll blank out..

What I was saying by abusing.. is not treating the mod with your full attention. We don't believe in accidents here. We try to eliminate the possibility of having "accidents". So by abusing I was referring to not being as careful as you could be. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect, and I drop my mod quite a few times a day, like fall asleep on the couch while holding it, and I will probably end up needing a new mod, but I've been lucky so far.

Now this is something we all figure out, one way or the other. Things like don't vape in the bath tub... but we learn 2 ways.. either someone mentions it.. or we drop out mod in the bath water, or "accidentally" jar a wire loose. (pssstt... negative wire on the inside of the 510 pin is notorious for that on some mods)

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I drop my mod quite a few times a day, like fall asleep on the couch while holding it,
This is what will cause me to need to replace a mod. I already know it and am coming to except that fact. As I tell my wife when she saw me do this. "It is better than a lit cigarette".

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
This is what will cause me to need to replace a mod. I already know it and am coming to except that fact. As I tell my wife when she saw me do this. "It is better than a lit cigarette".
LOL Now i keep a flip top garbage can beside the tub to set the mod on, and if i need a puff, I take one and put the mod back. Worst is falling asleep and waking up thinking.. did i put my mod back? Is that soap I a sitting on now?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use both your devices with a different flavor juice in each tank. Can't have enough different flavors on hand, or mods for that matter...

VU Sponsors