Member For 4 Years
This Asmodus Minikin V2 Kodama is getting popular..... For the Stabwood
638d60e685e17fa242ad112297f8ecc6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have guys telling me Aluminum sucks and my mods ain't worth anything.....

Sure if some reviewer can't use it then it sucks, or if they don't own one and are just jealous. Or if it isn't some piece of shit clone that cost less than shipping it isn't worth paying for the real thing.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure if some reviewer can't use it then it sucks, or if they don't own one and are just jealous. Or if it isn't some piece of shit clone that cost less than shipping it isn't worth paying for the real thing.
Your mod is a keeps..... It's very unique..... And the one I held had that deep engraved letters..... With no paint inside the letters, all you saw was Aluminum even behind the leather on the door all aluminum....

It was a sweet mod man for a real man....

What's the total weight with (3) 18650 and and Atty ?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's the total weight with (3) 18650 and and Atty ?

I don't know and actually don't care because I like heavy MOD's that you can feel when holding them. When I first got into vaping the Plastic ones were popular and to me they felt cheap. Best part of a heavy weight MOD is when some dumass tells you vaping is worse than smoking, and when you go upside their head they get the message.

Last edited:

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know and actually don't care because I like heavy MOD's that you can feel when holding them. When I first got into vaping the Plastic ones were popular and to me they felt cheap. Best part of a heavy weight MOD is when some dumass tells you vaping is worse than smoking when you go upside their head they get the message.
Don't forget you can use them for things like breaking a window if you get, say, trapped in a flipped car or something.

Utility!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't forget you can use them for things like breaking a window if you get, say, trapped in a flipped car or something.

LMFAO~! That is funny because before I wanted to clean my windows in my truck and it was raining. Climbed in the back seat did one side window and went to get out but the handle inside did not work because the childproof safety lock was engaged. Good thing I had the key in the ignition so I just rolled down the window to get out. Never thought about breaking the window though~!

Also dropped my phone in the street when I was getting the the passenger side and found it when I was finished with 2 inches of water running over it in the case. Thank goodness i got a Pixel 2XL because it is water proof~! Yeah baby~!

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LMFAO~! That is funny because before I wanted to clean my windows in my truck and it was raining. Climbed in the back seat did one side window and went to get out but the handle inside did not work because the childproof safety lock was engaged. Good thing I had the key in the ignition so I just rolled down the window to get out. Never thought about breaking the window though~!

Also dropped my phone in the street when I was getting the the passenger side and found it when I was finished with 2 inches of water running over it in the case. Thank goodness i got a Pixel 2XL because it is water proof~! Yeah baby~!
Honestly I'll take whatever excuse I can get, but I also have a spending problem when it comes to Vape stuff

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know and actually don't care because I like heavy MOD's that you can feel when holding them. When I first got into vaping the Plastic ones were popular and to me they felt cheap. Best part of a heavy weight MOD is when some dumass tells you vaping is worse than smoking when you go upside their head they get the message.
Well I have mods I feel like I'm carrying a 16 oz beer all day.... (4)18650.......
b652d38325e2efa9964993b249283787.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a nice small Stabwood from Asmodus...... Minikin V2 Kodama

Would this be high-end..... Because it's wood, and Chinese manufactured ?

The wood is imported from California to China..... Asmodus has a collection of the most beautiful wood.....

Some of the Asmodus wood mods 1/1 go for several thousand dollars ......

e2b40bbccec7d6e7c6ae7967e3238741.jpg
36436391b806be6d792e86051d881d66.jpg

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Other than the quality, materials and hand made aspects mentioned earlier

I think the more somethings seen the less high end it becomes .....At first you get the ooohs and aaaaas when few have it or have seen it before

After that if it’s pulled out too often its diminishing returns until in the end no one gives a shit and would rather look elsewhere....they see the same thing plastered everywhere and then the clones come out and further devalue it

take the freehand ...I really used to love that squonker ...seen it about on FB so much I just don’t want one anymore and wouldn’t pay what they go for ....to me it’s become mainstream and less elusive somehow regardless of whether it’s still a banging mod or not ... just de-values the product

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure it does but IMO if it meets certain criteria or any of the individual aspects in the definition it classifies as High End.

You are correct, but each individual will define the aspects differently. Again I guess it all goes back to What I believe as High end may not fit your definition. In the end as long as the individual is happy with the product does it really matter how much they pain, the rarity, or the materials of which it's made?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Then there was the Cadillac Cimmeron in the mid 80's which was a rebadged Chevy Cavelier. Have you seen the crazy market for older former police Crown Vics?

So it would seem that there isn't one answer. The definition will vary from person to person.
Does anyone remember the Lincoln Versaille. It was a Ford Granada with a fake wheel on the back bumper.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So if you take the innards from a cheap mod and stuff them in a stabwood enclosure does it go from low-end to high end?

Smoant Battlestar MU 200W TC Box Mod - Stabilized Wood
They are just flooding the market with cheap wood stuff JuicyLuicy .....

But the mods have to be elusive (Kingpin description), hard to find, and nowhere available and limited runs.... That's what makes the mod high-end because most people give up looking for it and others won't pay that price...... And also forget about it.... Or really forget..... Ha ha....

That's the name of a high-end mod or better said No-end to the search mod ...........

It's like searching for a Holy Grail......or A Holy Mod....

I like owning a mod that's mine, unique and no matter what anyone does.... You ain't getting one......or finding one.

And if you are consistent and do find one the cost to acquire is a High-End price ..... That's what keeps it a high end.......

Some people vaping is vaping and $25 to $50 bucks it's good enough for a mod...... And there is nothing wrong with that.....

By judging a mod and calling it crappy or shitty it's just like judging the owner.......

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

But the mods have to be elusive (Kingpin description), hard to find, and nowhere available and limited runs.... That's what makes the mod high-end because most people give up looking for it and others won't pay that price...... And also forget about it.... Or really forget..... Ha ha....

That's the name of a high-end mod or better said No-end to the search mod ...........

I like owning a mod that's mine, unique and no matter what anyone does.... You ain't getting one......or finding one.

And if you are consistent and do find one the cost to acquire is a High-End price ..... That's what keeps it a high end.......

Some people vaping is vaping and $25 to $50 bucks it's good enough for a mod...... And there is nothing wrong with that.....

By judging a mod and calling it crappy or shitty it's just like judging the owner.......

It was a rhetorical question, lol

But I agree with you big time

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone remember the Lincoln Versaille. It was a Ford Granada with a fake wheel on the back bumper.
Yeah but some will rebounded with time......

The 90's Riviera is bouncing with high prices .... Even a 1972 Pinto.... Or Even an AMC Pacer .... V8

They were crap then, but I am seeing them bring money in today's market.

Specially The De Lorean....

So does this mean a low end vape mod will cost thousands in 40 years...... Ha ha we all wish and will find out if we live that long...

That's why I'm enjoying my high end mods now.... Before I kick the bucket.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was a rhetorical question, lol

But I agree with you big time
Rhetorical is too high of a word for me, but I'm pretty sure is like theoretically Inclined......

Juice baby...How is the trip to heaven coming..... Are you finally in the Island now .....

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah but some will rebounded with time......

The 90's Riviera is bouncing with high prices .... Even a 1972 Pinto.... Or Even an AMC Pacer .... V8

They were crap then, but I am seeing them bring money in today's market.

Specially The De Lorean....

So does this mean a low end vape mod will cost thousands in 40 years...... Ha ha we all wish and will find out if we live that long...

That's why I'm enjoying my high end mods now.... Before I kick the bucket.

Enjoy what you enjoy brother. Again, we are blessed with a lot of options to fit our own desires.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

True although I don’t think just limited runs defines high end ...if the modder/manufacturers pours their art and soul into it and they source good materials have an eye for making every single one special for the person getting it that for me is high end

I bought the titanium basic RDA for Christmas and it’s took them 3 months to get them out because they weren’t satisfied the cap was polished enough, they even halted production at one point because they weren’t happy with the tooling...then just to say sorry for the wait they added some extra bits ...the thing is flawless and worth every single penny to me ....I consider that dediacation a high end experience even if it did arrive in a yoghurt cup haha

VU Sponsors