What's considered high end?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rhetorical is too high of a word for me, but I'm pretty sure is like theoretically Inclined......

rhetorical: asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information

Juice baby...How is the trip to heaven coming..... Are you finally in the Island now .....

No, the house we bought is not high-end and it will take some effort and big bucks before we can move into it :giggle:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Were they ever considered High End? They gained more value when they stopped making them.
Yeah and Back To The Future......

Upon release in 1981, a DMC-12 had a suggested retail price of US$25,000 ($650 more when equipped with an automatic transmission).

This is equivalent to approximately US$69,000 in 2018.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
rhetorical: asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information

No, the house we bought is not high-end and it will take some effort and big bucks before we can move into it :giggle:
I was just asking because everyone wants you out of Alaska.........

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven’t actually used it yet it looks nice as it is don’t wanna spoil it lol ...it’s gonna go on that furyan beside it when I’m ready

View attachment 128321
That would look very nice on this...
75f67bd69c8e02dd271e668a4d2c5c25.jpg
3886afa58555c7200f9d3aaa689fd968.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
That would look very nice on this...
75f67bd69c8e02dd271e668a4d2c5c25.jpg
3886afa58555c7200f9d3aaa689fd968.jpg

It would all blacked out for sure ...get a red theme going on and you could call yourself Michael Knight haha

I am saving for a nice squonker though whether I get it or not this year I don’t know my wife got me and her tickets to the expo this year .....she’s gonna have to keep me on a leash I think

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You certainly can make some outstanding dishes with cheaper, lower quality meats if you your shit
Describes almost every great cuisine.
It’s easy to turn filet mignon into a good meal; but, it’s just filet. A great meal is turning table scraps into mouth art.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would all blacked out for sure ...get a red theme going on and you could call yourself Michael Knight haha

I am saving for a nice squonker though whether I get it or not this year I don’t know my wife got me and her tickets to the expo this year .....she’s gonna have to keep me on a leash I think
I have that on the main screen already..

6b849688a404fa0f6b9ac38de132dade.jpg

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

I know right :( but I can’t use too much at once mate I’m OCD about having more than a couple out and on the go at any one time ...leaving atties with juice in them on the side for weeks sets me off .....its like chewing cotton or scratching nails down a whiteboard for me lol

3 is the absolute limit and even then I start to get the eye twitches ....everything else is cleaned and packed away in the box until I cycle and get it out again

Haven’t tried the furyan yet either :( I’m waiting to buy a 30T for it first

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know right :( but I can’t use too much at once mate I’m OCD about having more than a couple out and on the go at any one time ...leaving atties with juice in them on the side for weeks sets me off .....its like chewing cotton or scratching nails down a whiteboard for me lol

3 is the absolute limit and even then I start to get the eye twitches ....everything else is cleaned and packed away in the box until I cycle and get it out again

Haven’t tried the furyan yet either :( I’m waiting to buy a 30T for it first
Lol, i don’t mind them sitting but, if they sit unused for 3-4 days they get a fresh build.
Good call waiting on the battery! Best to see its full potential out of the gate.
Still, a better man than me, my curiosity and excitement always wins.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The De Lorean lives. Not sure if anyone knows that but Delorean motors is about 3 miles from my house. Some guys bought the rights and about 20 shipping containers of parts and cars. They still sell and build them.

https://www.delorean.com/

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The De Lorean lives. Not sure if anyone knows that but Delorean motors is about 3 miles from my house. Some guys bought the rights and about 20 shipping containers of parts and cars. They still sell and build them.

https://www.delorean.com/
So they still have the Peugeot motor?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This might be considered a high end possibly....
49058c1a6608ca3c54a253d176b8565c.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
DeLorean
About 35 years ago I had a boss that just had to have one. We searched the country and found one for him.
It was a sweet looking car and fun to drive but every time he went out of town with it it came back on a tow truck!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Minikin V2 Kodama wants to be a high-end......
3d09225771f1dfccbbde6c1bc38c52ca.jpg
d53bf5fdfd45ff907221da64312b9a21.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Form me a well designed mod to fit a hand is important.....

A spot for every finger equals comfort and proper design.....

The rest is materials..... Weight and power...... The chip is also a factor...

This equals high-end to me......
5202f650f0358c0ebf152bbbc755c179.jpg
26781f3316226a6d76b115183de056ef.jpg
2d07264b6f9665fc3b3c470c98765ecf.jpg
a987e461ef30989d413eb76a1edfb9b5.jpg
8496ea7130cfc65e4a99b6f0439a9511.jpg
3e3d7afe37c39a0200b2212442e613a4.jpg

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Form me a well designed mod to fit a hand is important.....

A spot for every finger equals comfort and proper design.....

The rest is materials..... Weight and power...... The chip is also a factor...

This equals high-end to me......
5202f650f0358c0ebf152bbbc755c179.jpg
26781f3316226a6d76b115183de056ef.jpg
2d07264b6f9665fc3b3c470c98765ecf.jpg
a987e461ef30989d413eb76a1edfb9b5.jpg
8496ea7130cfc65e4a99b6f0439a9511.jpg
3e3d7afe37c39a0200b2212442e613a4.jpg

What if the device has no chip?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alienware.

Now that's high end. :)
Ha ha.... It's a custom i8 with the 6820HK.... It's over clocked to 4.0GHZ....

to play games I have never played...... I use it to surf the net.......

But I run Userbenchmark and it says this computer it's an UFO in every category and the computer is run by a Technical master..... Ha ha.....

I bought it that way.....

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My beloved Frankenbox was ranked in the top .5% on the 3DMark online results board 17 years ago. All go. No show. Water cooled with 2 motorcycle radiators and a 120mm fan in the freezer part of that little fridge. Aquarium pump and tubing, and the reservoir was a container from Dollar Tree. Copper water block mounted by a homemade nut and bolt system.

2 power supplies. 1 to run the core machine and 1 to run the drive array and the 11 fans that did the rest of the cooling, including the video card which also had a rigged up Intel cpu cooler on the processor, and heat sinks on the g-ram mounted with thermal cement. I got the second one to run by shorting one of the 12 volt leads on the motherboard connector with the ground and using an old drive to give it some more draw so it wouldn't burn out.

I had that AMD Athlon XP 1900+ Thoroughbred Rev-b, overclocked 970 mhz to approaching 3 ghz, which at the time was almost unheard of. I had to solder potentiometers to the voltage regulators on the motherboard so I could over volt the front side bus and memory bus to get the juice it required for those frequencies. It had to be adjusted slowly while in the bios with a small long screwdriver so I could see where it was and not blow it up. Both the graphics processor and g-ram, along with the system memory were overclocked hard as well so hence all that cooling there too.

2 512's of Crucial Ballistix memory with all the timings tweaked tight enough to snap.

4 40 gig drives in 2 80 gig arrays in raid 0. Those were in the bottom which was the shell of an old cd-rom server (Anybody remember those?) The top was the tray from another old case which was duct taped to the bottom around the edges. I had thermistor based temperature sensors on the processor, the video processor, video memory and northbride of the chipset. To start it, I had to turn on the fridge, water pump and radiator fan first, watch the temps and boot the machine when everything was cold, but not frozen. Yes, that's antifreeze in the tubing.

The power and reset buttons are on that long little white rectangular piece on top of the main power supply in front of all that wiring and you can see one of the temperature monitors that looks like a little screen (because it is) sitting on the edge of the desk.

Uglier than sin, but a rock crushing monster of a performer for the day. Powered through all the benchmarks like a rocket sled.

She was my baby. I loved that machine almost like another kid.

These are the only pix I have left.
frankenbox1.jpg frankenbox2.jpg

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These new machines are amazing the way they operate..... And the speed is insane......

Running or (4) YouTube videos in 4k and playing music with 100 pages open and works smooth using Photoshop or Lightroom .....

All at the same time......

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My beloved Frankenbox was ranked in the top .5% on the 3DMark online results board 17 years ago. All go. No show. Water cooled with 2 motorcycle radiators and a 120mm fan in the freezer part of that little fridge. Aquarium pump and tubing, and the reservoir was a container from Dollar Tree. Copper water block mounted by a homemade nut and bolt system.

2 power supplies. 1 to run the core machine and 1 to run the drive array and the 11 fans that did the rest of the cooling, including the video card which also had heat sinks on the g-ram mounted with thermal cement. I got the second one to run by shorting one of the 12 volt leads on the motherboard connector with the ground and using an old drive to give it some more draw so it wouldn't burn out.

I had that AMD Athlon XP 1900+ Thoroughbred Rev-b, overclocked 970 mhz to approaching 3 ghz, which at the time was almost unheard of. I had to solder potentiometers to the voltage regulators on the motherboard so I could over volt the front side bus and memory bus to get the juice it required for those frequencies. It had to be adjusted slowly while in the bios with a small long screwdriver so I could see where it was and not blow it up. Both the graphics processor and g-ram, along with the system memory were overclocked hard as well so hence all that cooling there too.

2 512's of Crucial Ballistix memory with all the timings tweaked tight enough to snap.

4 40 gig drives in 2 80 gig arrays in raid 0. Those were in the bottom which was the shell of an old cd-rom server (Anybody remember those?) The top was the tray from another old case which was duct taped to the bottom around the edges. I had thermistor based temperature sensors on the processor, the video processor, video memory and northbride of the chipset. To start it, I had to turn on the fridge, water pump and radiator fan first, watch the temps and boot the machine when everything was cold, but not frozen. Yes, that's antifreeze in the tubing.

The power and reset buttons are on that long little white rectangular piece on top of the main power supply in front of all that wiring and you can see one of the temperature monitors that looks like a little screen (because it is) sitting on the edge of the desk.

Uglier than sin, but a rock crushing monster of a performer for the day. Powered through all the benchmarks like a rocket sled.

She was my baby. I loved that machine almost like another kid.

These are the only pix I have left.
View attachment 128507 View attachment 128508

That's crazy. You, my friend, are a freak. LOL

VU Sponsors