Become a Patron!

Whats next?

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright so I started first doing some hookah in which I did enjoy, just did not like the fact that I was spitting out black spit the next morning after I did some smoking. I bought a pen in which I was satisfied for a while until boom the battery kept on getting dried up quickly and not enough smoke would come out. I purchased an EONSMOKE Millenium vaporizer (800mAh battery) which I got tired of it drying out and not giving enough smoke to enjoy. I want to upgrade to something better in which I am looking at the IPV3 or the eleaf istick 30W. I am looking for something that is good quality and that gets me more for the bang for my buck. This guys told me that he has a 2200 mAh mod which is better for him since anything above it will give him a dry hit. Do anyone here can suggest me on what to get as far from set up and which vape to get. Also what liquids you suggest in which currently I am enjoying frost flavor or mint.

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm kinda a minority here but...Joyetech E-Grip with the rebuildable coil kit!

Don't let the size fool ya! An all in one tough and easy unit. I'll put one up to any of these breakable two pieces they'll tell ya about here.

A pair for shits and giggles and you're good!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the Underground!

Perhaps you should consider the IPV Mini 70 watt mod?

Around the same size as the Istick but offers more power and when the day comes that the battery dies, you replace just the battery and not the whole freaking device.

If you get the IPV Mini, add a wall wart (AC adapter that you can stick in a standard wall outlet) for charging, a decent battery (or two) and a tank of your choosing (Kanger Subtank Mini perhaps with lots of extra heads) and you are off to the races.

As for Liquids, I think you would like this one.

http://bulkejuice.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=97

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your input, I am going to look on those just wanted to know what the IPV offers that makes it more expensive than others. It looks luxurious but I prefer quality.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for your input, I am going to look on those just wanted to know what the IPV offers that makes it more expensive than others. It looks luxurious but I prefer quality.
Tried and true company also, you can count on getting a quality mod. I have a ipv2s that is my "shit kicker" mod and still performs flawlessly.

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tried and true company also, you can count on getting a quality mod. I have a ipv2s that is my "shit kicker" mod and still performs flawlessly.
Glad to know that other models perform good without breaking the wallet. Are the coils easy to replace?

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad to know that other models perform good without breaking the wallet. Are the coils easy to replace?
Ipv2s is just the mod, an atomizer needs to be put on top, if doesn't have both as one

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright so I started first doing some hookah in which I did enjoy, just did not like the fact that I was spitting out black spit the next morning after I did some smoking. I bought a pen in which I was satisfied for a while until boom the battery kept on getting dried up quickly and not enough smoke would come out. I purchased an EONSMOKE Millenium vaporizer (800mAh battery) which I got tired of it drying out and not giving enough smoke to enjoy. I want to upgrade to something better in which I am looking at the IPV3 or the eleaf istick 30W. I am looking for something that is good quality and that gets me more for the bang for my buck. This guys told me that he has a 2200 mAh mod which is better for him since anything above it will give him a dry hit. Do anyone here can suggest me on what to get as far from set up and which vape to get. Also what liquids you suggest in which currently I am enjoying frost flavor or mint.
There are multiple considerations. The mAh of the battery = how long before you have to recharge it. Voltage you are vaping at: lower volts = longer battery life. Wattage is simply a formula that balances the ohms of your coil with the matching volts. I like to vape at 5.5 watts with a 2.0 ohm coil. The volts work out to about 3.1. And then there's the juice. 50/50 works fine with my Kanger Aerotank coils. 85/15 needs my Smok Micro Core-A coils with the larger openings to accommodate thicker juice. So think about battery mAh, volts, ohms of coil, watts you like to vape at (sub ohmers use megawatts).

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you were doing a Hookah, you will probably want some clouds. A Sub-tank setup (Kanger Sub Tank Mini, Aspire, Heracles, or Arctic) is probably the best topper to start with. Get a mod that does at least 30 Watts, 50 Watts is preferable. The iStick 50 has a large battery capacity and is fairly robust, you won't need a battery charger and batteries because they are built into the mod. The IPV mini 70 watt is a good deal also, but you will need to buy a few spare 18650 batteries and a charger (added cost).

As for ejiuce, it's up to you. Go to a local shop and sample some and find out what type you like.

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you were doing a Hookah, you will probably want some clouds. A Sub-tank setup (Kanger Sub Tank Mini, Aspire, Heracles, or Arctic) is probably the best topper to start with. Get a mod that does at least 30 Watts, 50 Watts is preferable. The iStick 50 has a large battery capacity and is fairly robust, you won't need a battery charger and batteries because they are built into the mod. The IPV mini 70 watt is a good deal also, but you will need to buy a few spare 18650 batteries and a charger (added cost).

As for ejiuce, it's up to you. Go to a local shop and sample some and find out what type you like.
Thanks for the advise, thinking of going strong on the watts. Just dont want something that will cook the juice.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the advise, thinking of going strong on the watts. Just dont want something that will cook the juice.
That's the whole point about having an adjustable VW mod like the iStick 50, you can set the mod's power as high or low as you want to find the perfect combination of clouds and flavor. I'm using the Heracles Subtank ATM on my iStick set wide open at 50 watts, no burned taste and a really thick and tasty vape. Clouds Bra, Clouds!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Like everyone else here, I would also recommend at least a 50 watt mod and a subtank setup.

The iStick 50 is a great value for the money, although as pointed out, it does not have a changeable battery. The upside is that it has a 4400mah battery that should last a good while.

The IPV Mini 2 70 watt is also a good mod, it performs fantastic for what it is, however some have had issues with the paint flaking off of it (myself included, google it for lots of info). If looks are important, then you should get the silver version or consider something else.

As for the tanks, I personally use Russians, so my thoughts on tanks are limited to research only. I am looking to try one myself, so I have been doing quite a bit of reading on them.

The Kangertech Subtank Mini, Aspire Atlantis, and Joyetech Delta II are all very comparable from what I can tell. They all hold a fair amount of juice and a rebuildable deck either comes with it, or is available, so that you don't have to use commercial coils and can build whatever coils you want. Any one of these should suit you to start with.

Hope this helps, your mileage may vary!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
L:DL So really, who's tried the E-Grips and just didn't like them?
Not me, I've never even seen one, but have heard they are pretty good. I just don't recommend them to new folks because they are not quite as easy to use. Admittedly, most of this is from reading the forums and asking questions here and other places, no first hand knowledge. I would like one myself, just haven't been able to justify the cost to play with it.

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not me, I've never even seen one, but have heard they are pretty good. I just don't recommend them to new folks because they are not quite as easy to use. Admittedly, most of this is from reading the forums and asking questions here and other places, no first hand knowledge. I would like one myself, just haven't been able to justify the cost to play with it.
Fair enough! But really that's what I like about the E-Grip is they are really less maintenance and pretty relable.

I could not see putting a Kanger Subtank (example) (I have one) in anyones hands that doesn't have what it takes to keep it ticking.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Fair enough! But really that's what I like about the E-Grip is they are really less maintenance and pretty relable.

I could not see putting a Kanger Subtank (example) (I have one) in anyones hands that doesn't have what it takes to keep it ticking.
I would recommend that Kanger Subtank because it uses a commercial and easily replaceable coil. The build deck on it is definitely something that needs more experience to use, but switching out a coil is pretty straight forward and simple. I used Kangers in the past until I got into the Russian/Kayfun style, and there was no need to fiddle with anything. Simply put in a coil, fill with juice, and you are done. Not much of a learning curve, so pretty good for new folks to start with.

Of course, that's just my $0.02 on the subject, your mileage may vary!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just because you have the high wattage that doesn't mean you have to use it. (for most regulated mods).

If it were me; and, I knew now, what I new when I was getting my first, I would shy away from mods like the isticks. For the sole reason of, when the battery stops taking a charge, its a paperweight. Wheras; something like the ipv70w you can swap out the battery as needed. It down regulates so if you use say am Atlantis gen1 you'll get your 30-35w just fine and wont cook your juice. If you go with a nautilus it'll do 11w just as accurately or an arctic and just blast all 70 at it.
The yihi board in that mod is great! To top it off it can be found for not much more than the istick, you will wanna get 2 good batteries, at least, one for backup and a decent charger. Granted the istick has all that in the one package but imho it also has an expiration date with the built in battery.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors