Become a Patron!

What's out there?

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been vaping a little over 4 years now. I'm content with where I'm at as far as what I have. A few months after I started vaping, I found numerous pages on Facebook dedicated to vaping. That changed my life as far as vaping goes.
I chose to ditch ALL forms of social media in May of 2017. With no social media, I don't know what is new or "hyped" with vaping these days. I'm curious as to what is new and hyped currently. What is out there now?
Im not looking for what YOU think is the biggest and best. Just wondering what's out there so I can fill my down time on Google looking at what's new!
I look forward to seeing what everyone may mention.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So many new things out there now where do you start? Like you I’ve been vaping for years and I do have my favorites that I use most of the time. I do like to see what’s new and if there is a new tank out that is quite a bit different than most I will usually pick one up to try it. Nothing like the beginning days when I was buying something new almost on a weekly basis trying to find what I really liked. I see a lot of stuff out there that is just a prettier or fancier version of the same style as most everything else on the market. One thing I did order this week is a Therion DNA 75C from Lost Vape. I’ve had the DNA series on my wish list for a while now and finally took the plunge and bought one. I’m afraid that I just set myself up for the vaping equivalent of a heroine addiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
There's not much new out there. The basics still exist and what I mean by that is, you need a mod, a tank, coils, wicking and ejuice. There's no new method that would allow you for example to stand upside down and a little drone flying down, injecting superior nicotine to your body etc. Maybe one day, however a new "trend" seems to be forming around nicotine salts, mods with built in batteries (I know we got that already but now its "better") and ceramic plates as well as mesh that is supposed to replace the hassle of actual coils, still in the beginning stages therefore not better but I guess new or newer. The salt hype I don't get, tried it but sticking with good Ol juice for now. Guess there's nothing new as of right now..

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last time I ordered I ordered from nicotine drive, I saw they had salts. I didn' look into it but, just seems like it would be more of hassle compared to pg or vg (which is what I use)!
I've seen mesh mentioned here and there. Every time u see it, I think back to the days when when genesis style tanks were the rave before rdta were "common".
Being out of the loop, I was just curious as to whether or not their was some new company out there or "new" mod or a atty available? " this rda is easier to build on" or, "this rdta holds more juice" or, "this rda has better airflow" or, "this mod is better quality" kind of thing.
When I used to be on Facebook, it seemed like their was a claim at "better" every week or 2 LOL

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will look into ceramic a little more. I know early last year, a few companies offered some sort of ceramic coil that never really seemed to take off. A few years ago, some places sold some sort of crystal like ceramic material people were using as wicks too!

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Papachaz i will have to look that therion up, ive seen it mentioned in VU several times over the last several days ive been here!

They are up on the higher end of the price range but just the amount of customization you get with the escribe software is mind boggling. They are also some of the most aesthetically pleasing. Real leather and wood panels. The DNA chips are also some of the most efficient out there with 85 plus percent battery efficiency. This is the one I ordered.
dbe28e8a8dcf4c69611f6fa8ec6fe20e.jpg

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sweet! I'e been trying to talk my wife into letting me get her something new. She' currently using a sigelei 150 with a lemo. She likes the overall performance but, doesn' like the 150. It's too big for her liking. Since its too big, she leaves it at home and smokes while she is at work!

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I got a new little travel setup a couple of weeks ago. An Istic PICO 75 with a smok spirals tank. I used Arctic Fox to customize the settings on the PICO and the spirals tank has good flavor and decent vapor production. It’s considered an mtl tank but the the draw isn’t super restricted. It is only 2ml capacity on the tank but I carry a little 15ml bottle of juice with me and have no trouble making through a full day on the single battery. The battery efficiency is even better now with Arctic Fox firmware on it. I really do like this travel setup. It goes to work with me every day now.
656ce5d26a74384eae8cfcce510be72b.jpg
4ac432b6485e9e794b28d382172c9f30.jpg

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'e been keeping an eye out for mods similar in size. She doesn' feel it's necessary to spend the money. At the same though, I feel that, if she had something smaller, she' be more likely to take it to work which could help her get away from smoking all together!

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'e been keeping an eye out for mods similar in size. She doesn' feel it's necessary to spend the money. At the same though, I feel that, if she had something smaller, she' be more likely to take it to work which could help her get away from smoking all together!

I found the PICO online for 18 dollars and the spirals for 12. Half the cost of a carton of cigarettes? I haven’t smoked in so long now I have no idea what it costs these days. Just follow my old adage from my army days. It’s easier to obtain forgiveness than permission.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For tanks, HorizonTech introduced flax coils, see Arco 2. Freemax now has Fireluke Mesh. Not as familiar on the rebuildables.

For wife smoking because Sig 150 is unwieldy at work, the Smoant Battlestar is a $40 solution. Durable, versatile, easy to navigate.

Smok, Wismec, Sigelei, and P4U aren't what they used to he for quality. Small ergonomic mods of decent quality can be found from Asmodus, Smoant, Vaporesso, Aspire, and others. If wife really wants another Sigelei, the Kaos is not bad, but I got it as a beater mod on clearance, which it is. Not put together like an og Sig 150 or IPV 3 Li.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Reuleaux RX Gen3 is new. The improved quality about it is new, too─unlike all the usual whining that surrounds this improvement, and, another thing that's new is ArcticFox... the custom power curve automatically scales with the wattage that you set on the mod because the curve uses percentage numbers that are relative to this wattage so that's making it truly newly unique and innovative (instead of your average hyped-up thing that's often said to be new, when the reality is that it's old as well as more primitive than Fred Flintstone's car).

Finally, 20700 and 21700 batteries and mods that can support them are new, albeit the 21700 batteries are still a bit too new for now, as the notable ones (Samsung 30T and 40T) aren't available to consumers yet.

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, didn' realize a new battery size was hitting our scene? I've seen smoant mentioned frequently. I' going to definitely see what they are all about!
As for my wife, if something catches my eye, ill show her.
On sigelei, I agree with their quality going down hill. The og 50, 100 and 150 were tanks! When the 213 was released, it looked promising on paper. It just seemed like their was no qc for it.
I myself prefer "basic" type vaping along the lines of hexohm and similar style mods. I do love seeing and knowing about all the bells and whistles companies are adding though.

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dang, my last reply didn' post!!! It was long too LOL for my wife, if something catches my eye, ill show it to Her!
For sigelei, I noticed their quality was cut in half when they put the 213 out! Releaux, I always thought were promising with their abilities just to bulky for me in triple battery.
I don' have a need for it but, I enjoy seeing the bells and whistles companies have been incorporating. I myself like to keep things simple. I prefer hexohm type mods.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile

Same with my husband, he did not wanted to join the hype train of vaping. I took measures in my own hand, got him for Xmas the vopoo drag and a vandy vape kensei. His first argument, I can't take this to work, its too big, it will/might leak, I can't build coils, I hate wicking etc lol. So I said, listen all you gotta do is inhale and exhale, I'll be building it and showing you. He wasn't convinced and says but its expensive. So I went the route that works with nearly any man out there lmao.... "If you want sex for the next months, please at least try it" sure enough now he loves it. Sometimes you just gotta put your foot down, maybe tell her its an anniversary gift after it arrived ;)

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL
Voopoo is another I want to browse. Seen it mentioned on VU quite a bit!
I do the builds for my wife in her lemo. I also make the liquid we both vape. I don' think she is ready for the final push to get away from smoking altogether yet though! The first vape set up I had was an ego twist. Oddly enough, it was from my wife. She went to a shoo and bought a 2 pack starter kit. If not for my wife, I wouldn't be a caper! LOL
Me being a stay at home dad, it was easier to vape inside vs stepping outside to smoke.
My wife has a high stress retail management job and, half her employees smoke!

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive also been seeing vandy mentioned a little here and there!
I love seeing brands I'm not familiar with. Looking them up gives me something to do on my down time!

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I love the kensei and of course so do others. I'm always on the lookout too, but its hard sometimes since you mostly can't trust the reviewers. Of course not all of them are bad lol.

However I was using the hohm wrecker g2 and an old school aromamizer and still use it. I tried plenty of RTA/rdta/ people were raving about, and just like your wife I have a high stress job. None of them I could throw in my purse or in the car, without them leaking or the experience wasn't pleasant enough in comparison. I got the kensei because I loved the fish glass tank, and the resin. To that time it was new, so there were no reviews. I decided I just buy it, have bought more crap already prior, won't matter if it don't work out.

Well this and my Aromamizer are the only ones I use. The flavor and extremely smooth airflow of the kensei, its like drinking the juice, sooo much flavor. But its subjective of course. I would say this, if you find a good sale grab one and see for yourself :) I can't really suggest a small mod because my smallest is the drag, the g2 is much boxier and bigger, I don't promote the smok mods I also have because its garbage in my opinion. I'm still aiming for a DNA or the minikin2, but as of now I'm more than happy with the equipment we got... Got a new hobby that needs money.... Diy juices lmao

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang, my last reply didn' post!!! It was long too LOL for my wife, if something catches my eye, ill show it to Her!
For sigelei, I noticed their quality was cut in half when they put the 213 out! Releaux, I always thought were promising with their abilities just to bulky for me in triple battery.
I don' have a need for it but, I enjoy seeing the bells and whistles companies have been incorporating. I myself like to keep things simple. I prefer hexohm type mods.
Not all mods that are compatible with ArcticFox are triple battery mods. They range from compact, single battery mods (e.g. Sinuous P80) to 4-battery (Reuleaux RX300). Even though I don't "need" it, the power curve still nevertheless lets me enjoy a noticeable improvement in the flavor so it is the exact opposite of "the bells and whistles". (That is, for me, and how I vape.) In terms of how it vapes, it is a very different experience when compared to a "normal" preheat. It is incredibly simple to set up (example power curve below), and, after you've set it up (which is only a one-time requirement, and which takes only a few minutes to accomplish), it works exactly the same as power mode. Only difference, it just tastes better.

power curve.jpg

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have ArcticFox on my pico 75. After a little tweeking with the power curve I have gotten a noticeable difference in performance, flavor and battery life. That’s the great thing about it. You can make changes and then try it out. If it’s not what you like change it again until you find your sweet spot.

I vape, therefore I am.

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly, finding an old (obviously needs to be in good condition still) hana for my wife would be sweet!
For myself, while I do tend to stay "basic", something new would be cool. Something to tinker with and expand my knowledge. I may end with a large shopping list for once I can go back to work when our twins start kindergarten this next school year.

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just browsed vandy vape. That Kylin rta looks promising. I was planning to order a new top cap for my limitless rdta plus but, that Kylin may make my wish list instead!!!!

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never had a 25 but, I did have several Griffin 22s. Liked them at first nut, the afc rings kept messing. Local shop had them on clearance for $9 so I bought one. Couple weeks later, afc messed up and I couldn' get the tank to tighten properly and started leaking. Went and bought another for the same $9. Ended up letting my wife use it. Kids knocked it over and broke the glass. Then she knocked it over breaking the glass. Then afc messed up. Went back and bought the last 2 LOL. Several months later, same shop had 2 lemo v1 they could get rid off. The owner handed them to me to me and said enjoy. Wife has been the lemo with no problems. Part of still wants to try the Griffin 25 with top airflow

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
There was a learning curve on wicking it right for me. It was my first rta. Once I got it I’ve never had any leaking or dry hits with it. I do use a 70/30 vg pg mix with it though so maybe that has something to do with it. I’ve never been a big fan of top airflow but the 25 does a good job with it.

I vape, therefore I am.

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I diy, max vg is all I do. The nic I use is vg based. I know there is pg in some flavors but, I don' add any pg when I mix. Just, vg based big, flavorings and vg.

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For rta, my first was a kayfun 3.1. I fell in love with rtas! Moved on to lemo then lemo2. Then, it was the rba base in the the tfv4. When the base shorted out, I got the limitless rdta. Other than the brief moment with the Griffin 22, this limitless rdta plus has been my daily! I do drip every now and then but, not very often. I have and el cabron with lawless tip and a Kennedy 24 i use for dripoing.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Max vg is all I used to do but I’ve found that some of my attys perform better with a pg mix.

I vape, therefore I am.

VU Sponsors