Become a Patron!

What's the best adhesive for two contacts?

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do say adhesive because I understand glue might not be the best choice here. However I do not own a soldering gun or the proper equipment.

The pin that goes into the 510 thread touching the battery comes loose all the time and the device won't fire until I mess with it. I was wondering if there's anything that would keep the pin in place but won't jeopardize conductivity.

The pin is a small copper pin that screws into a bigger copper pin and the bigger copper pin then screws into the 510 thread. My problem is the small copper pin more than anything.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're posting this regarding a mech mod, I just have one thing to say. Works as designed.

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're posting this regarding a mech mod, I just have one thing to say. Works as designed.

Well.. the manufacturer ended up "forgetting" to send me a small firing pin so I had to get one from a local vape shop that isn't the right size it seems. They coincidentally ran out of the mod and can't replace it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wherever you got the mod from, needs to replace a defective device.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just thought of something, that might help. You could try blue Loctite. However, if the pin is getting too hot, it won't work.

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just thought of something, that might help. You could try blue Loctite. However, if the pin is getting too hot, it won't work.

Actually.. that was what I was thinking, couldn't think of the name. I'll do some research on the temperatures blue Loctite can handle, thank you!

well you can go to a local hardware store and look for the right size ??

don't advise doing this unless you have replacement,but buggering up the threads may solve the problem...slightly hit the threads should do it

That would solve the problem for sure. I just gotta find out how to exactly do that. The pin screws into a bigger pin... so if I mess up the threads on the small pin first then I won't be able to get it in. If I mess up the threads inside the bigger pin then I won't be able to get it in either. How do you figure I could do that while the pin is inside the other?

If that didn't make sense I can reword that.

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd only attempt that with the smaller screw only !! perhaps a small wood chisel or something like that ...screwdriver ???

I ended up finding a screw that's a completely different metal and does not fit.. HOWEVER. The tip fits.. and gets stuck in the bigger pin like a wedge. It's been working great lately however I'm not making this permanent. Just until I get blue Loctite to see if that works. How would I be able to use a chisel or a screwdriver to mess up the threads with it on the inside? That's defying gravity to me lol. Because won't the smaller pin not go in if the threads are screwed?

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That loctite is going to form a barrier between the two copper screws, which when screwed together are what transfer electricity to your RDA/rba/etc.

Anyone see a potential problem here?

Use it sparingly, if at all. Don't use the red loctite, either, or you'll probably never get the screws apart again.

VU Sponsors