Become a Patron!

What's the Best RTA for Flavor Chasing?

mcginnis314

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Right on. I'll have to look into the Aqua v2. Heard about it while researching the Kayfun v4.

Caducity

Member For 4 Years
Thought I'd add a new contender: the Aromamizer rdta from Steam Crave. I just ordered one yesterday after watching Robert's (aka The Armed Vaper) review on YT. It looks exactly what all drippers wanting tank portability have been waiting for. The review is long, but check it out:

Aquaman

Member For 4 Years
I saw that review but I'll wait for some other good reviews before I pick one up from fasttech.

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i just got a Youde Goblin Mini last week. it's my first RTA but i must say, the flavor is awesome. chamber is very small and short. it's darn near as good as my Velocity RDA and Haze mini as far as flavor goes. i'm running dual 2mm 26ga kanthal 8wrap coming in at .5ohm at 30-40 watts. vapor production is pretty decent as well. been great. love the small form factor. holds 3mL

mcginnis314

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i just got a Youde Goblin Mini last week. it's my first RTA but i must say, the flavor is awesome. chamber is very small and short. it's darn near as good as my Velocity RDA and Haze mini as far as flavor goes. i'm running dual 2mm 26ga kanthal 8wrap coming in at .5ohm at 30-40 watts. vapor production is pretty decent as well. been great. love the small form factor. holds 3mL

Yeah, been eyeing that Goblin Mini also. Like the idea of the short chimney.

Fenris4024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So far, for me, nothing has touched my Billow v2. Dual coils, can make awesome clouds with it (for a tank) and excellent flavor. Its certainly worth it if you're still looking. I never tried an Aqua, but heard awesome things about them.

I used kayfuns for a while, but man, they were just...
SO
DAMN
FIDDLY.

IMHO, point of an RTA is to get a good build in it, fill 'er up and vape. If I want fiddly, I'll use drippers.

MrJojo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
IMO overall for both Vapor & Taste for me is Joyetech Delta II. Beats many RBA/RTA's on both fields and is cheaper as well. Just my 5 cents. Hope it helps someone making a decision.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Just received in my billows v2 today. Gonna build up some coils n will let everyone know my thoughts

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Just received in my billows v2 today. Gonna build up some coils n will let everyone know my thoughts

So I put in 26g, 10 wraps each on the dual coil and came out to .56. Not to bad using 2.5 mandrel. I believe I have enough surface area with that. Wicking was a lil tricky at first. Flooded it initially but removed the deck and rewicked it again n much better now. No leaks,and flavor is freaking amazing at 40 watts. It's a little tight on that deck but it works great.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Sense Herakles has some amazing flavor, and good clouds too. If you don't want to run it at 50 watts plus, you can switch out the stock .6 ohm dual parallel coil for a .5 Atlantis coil and get great performance at 20-30 watts. Runs a lot cooler that way as well.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol. Grab a goliath v2= gamel,,Over for anything else
Big clouds. Airy. Flavor is muted as hell. I've played with mine since the samples were sent out by UD and just came up with a dual chimney build that actually does decent. GII flavor is not its strong point.

From a guy with 12+ rta's, +1 for billow V1 on flavor. Goblin mini is great too. I'd rate it second place for flavor. Billow v2 is a fussy number 3.

Aquaman

Member For 4 Years
The Lemo 2 has good flavor, top fill convenience, but can't get at the coil without emptying the tank.
Occasionally leaks.
Flash e-vapor has it beat with easily accessible coils, and the same good flavor. Never leaks!
Always looking for an ease of use tank.

Boogie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a long time KFL+ and 3.1 user.
I also have had a Lemo drop since whenever they were released.

Flavor is about on part honestly. The Lemo wins on airflow by a mile.
One or the secret tricks of the original KFs was the mouth piece they used. It had a domed shape and a very small opening which if pointed at your tongue concentrated flavor like crazy.

Woodman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My top 3 are SteamCrave- Aromamizer...Haze dripper tank...Youde- Bellus

addappt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Youde Bellus is ok, can't stand the condensation on the air control ring. My favourite is the Crius with SS coils.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love this thread!! First time poster, long time follower. Vape on. Heres my input: super flavor chaser. Ive been chasing for the perfect flavor machine forever and I thought I found it in the kayfun 4. Its a superb machine. One of my favorites at the moment. Did all 3 kanger subtanks, joytech delta 2, aspire atlantis (joke of a tank), eleaf lemo and drop, russian 91%, kayfun 3.1, lite, lite plus, 4, but the crown of them all is the gg ithaka. I dont understand how its so overlooked. Kayfun are awesome. Until the 4, the lite was my back up and nothing seems to match up to my ithaka. Its a supreme vape. Seriously, I cant emphasize this enough. Get a clone if you cant get the authentic, just get one. Its a bitch to build but the work is so worth it if your really searching for the perfecr tank. The hits are smooth as a babys ass, vapor production is par, but the flavor is magnificent. I really dont have enough words to express my palates sense of satisfactio. But from all the searching I found that as awesome tanks as the kayfun 4 and ithaka are, its really dependant on your taste. I find some juices taste better in certain tanks. For instance, I find Thenancara's Paradisio is much for flavorful and well rounded in the gg ithaka compared to the kayfun 4. During the inhale the notes hits you one at a time before it all comes together during exhale. But when it comes to Lazarus Vintage's Sir James VSOP I find it much more of a pronounced vape on the kayfun 4. Where the ithaka misses on the earthy cognac notes, the kayfun 4 delivers with a punch.

The Ithika LOL, dude GG..... you may as well be speaking hindi...almost nobody here knows what you're talking about.....Yeah even in it's heyday the oddy and the Ithika were renouned flavor attys, but man what a pain in the ass they are to build....at a time when most people on this forum don't even want to bother wrapping a simple coil for a bottom fed tank,and buy boxes of premade coils...building an atty with NR-R-NR coils is unthinkable.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm moving to gennys. Check out a nextgen. And I've seen ppl use ss mesh in a rda. Its called a "slug". That's what I'm trying next to flavor chase.

Happy vaping!!!
I think there are better gennys than the nextgen...it didn't exceed the hype surrounding it.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Youde Bellus is ok, can't stand the condensation on the air control ring. My favourite is the Crius with SS coils.

Those are my top three but in the opposite order. And the bellus does get condensation but I love the top fill and looks and taste. As far as easy to0 wick goes ... aromamizer all the way. And I've yet to have my aromamizer leak!

I hate the goblin mini. The taste ... fantastic. The fill and build and wick ... horrendous.

Amazed no one likes the new Zephyrus 2 tank. It's pretty darn good too.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The best I have atm is the UD Bellus for flavor. I still like my Billow V2's but have the give the nod to the Bellus for flavor.

Cheers,
Steve

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've always felt the kangaroo subtank is one of the standards in flavor. I'll also agree with sense herakles if you want a flavor subohm tank. Had the billow v2 which is good, but the all around best to me now is the mutation rta.

Im surprised no-one has mentioned ribbon wire, it is the best way to maximise your surface area - you get way more for any given resistance. I run 8 wraps 0.6 x 0.1mm on the kayfun 4 and it is a huge improvement on ~10 wraps 28g round, the flavour is immediately more punchy. Ordered some 0.7 x 0.1 to see if it will continue to improve.

You gotta try the aspire cleito rta. If you want flavor it's better than the subtank mini Griffen kayfun. It's so smooth I vape a between 40 and 60 watts. I've never had a dry hit or any bad throat hits other than when I needed to clean it. The only bad part is u gotta get the cleito than buy the rta separately but it's totally worth it.

VU Sponsors