Become a Patron!

whats the difference between inr and imr samsung 25 r

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
whats the difference between inr and imr samsung 25 r,is imr still high drain,thats what i got

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just realized that it says imr on stickly label but on black print it says inr,so is this a hybrid?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's just a generic packaging/shipping i.d. label. It's an inr battery.

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i turn my batteries in my battery charger because it charges faster now i relize that friction on the metal might make my batteries unsafe?Am I wright that this might be a problem?what do you think?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't see it making them unsafe, but you may just be fooling the charger into reading the voltage improperly, and maybe wearing the plating off the charger contacts.

Edit: That is, if the contacts are plated. But if spinning the batts actually helps, maybe cleaning the poles and the charger contacts would be better.

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
why is change in a pocket bad for a battery when its in your pocket but not friction from a charger?sorry if im asking to many questions.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's not the friction that's the problem. Change conducts electricity, and enough of it can form a complete circuit from the positive to the negative poles of the battery. This will cause a dead short, and the battery overheats into thermal runaway. Then venting and fire.

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so i guess the mtal of change is differemnt than the metal in a charger eh?sorry if that sounded dumb lol

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i use to carry batteries in my pocket with keys and change for a few months when i first started vaping,never knew it was a problem before i was fucking lucky dont even use those batteries anymore

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well the charger routes the current through it's chip, and other electronic components. A circuit made of loose change is a dead short. No resistance for the battery to push through, so it just feeds right back into the battery. Li-ion batteries can't work with a circuit like that, so they overheat and do naughty things.

And yeah, you were very lucky. These aren't the old AA, AAA, C, and D batteries that never go nuclear.

VU Sponsors