Become a Patron!

What's the difference between the Kennedy and the Kennedy Trickester?

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm picking up a Kennedy for my birthday present and was just wondering what was the difference between the two?

Cheers.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Used my own advice and got me a trickster too, just a clone though (since it's not my birthday).

Just a friendly advice, if you don't like constant cleaning and polishing get a SS one.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Used my own advice and got me a trickster too, just a clone though (since it's not my birthday).

Just a friendly advice, if you don't like constant cleaning and polishing get a SS one.

I was going to pick up the brass. How much cleaning is required to keep it in good shape? How often would you clean it? I can pick up the SS one from another supplier for $10 extra.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Actually scrap that, the other place I was looking at for the SS version is sold out, so it looks like I'm limited to the brass or copper version.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Actually scrap that, the other place I was looking at for the SS version is sold out, so it looks like I'm limited to the brass or copper version.

when using mine, I do a scrub every week with a toothbrush & some Wright's Copper Cream and then into the ultrasonic for a couple cycles

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
when using mine, I do a scrub every week with a toothbrush & some Wright's Copper Cream and then into the ultrasonic for a couple cycles

Cheers. Found some Wrights Copper Cream on ebay in Australia so I'll definitely be picking some of that up. But unfortunately I don't have an ultra sonic cleaner.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, expensive as hell. Comes to $34 USD. I'm sure the bottle will last me ages though.

frankly, just look for something else that is a food safe brass cleaner. Honestly have no clue what is available there

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Quick question: does the brass still need to be cleaned when not in use? I switch between RDA's pretty regularly and the brass kennedy won't be in my constant rotation.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Quick question: does the brass still need to be cleaned when not in use? I switch between RDA's pretty regularly and the brass kennedy won't be in my constant rotation.

It won't oxidize as fast but it will still oxidize. Even when I'm not using it, I still polish it though every 2-3 weeks if it's sitting there. Brass and copper is a commitment

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just wish the postage to Australia wasn't so damn expensive.. would have loved to pick a few up.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ended up just getting the brass kennedy and I'll be using brasso to clean it seeing as it's so cheap.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Every brass product I've ever owned ended up looking like it got ran over by a fucking car about one month in. Copper I can seem to keep fairly clean, but brass is terrible.

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Cheers. Found some Wrights Copper Cream on ebay in Australia so I'll definitely be picking some of that up. But unfortunately I don't have an ultra sonic cleaner.
I use brasso from lowes. Its made for cleaning brass and copper.

VU Sponsors