Become a Patron!

what's the difference of RDA and RTA

Hello guys, I have no idea about what is the difference of RDA and RTA, I am a new vaper, would u recommend which one is better?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. RDA has a juice well, RTA has a tank. Both have decks you coil and wick yourself, rebuildables.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
An rda is dripper:
You drip the juice directly -or squonk the juice - onto the coil.

image.jpg

An rta is a tank which holds the juice and feeds the juice to the coil.

2D25D898-95BE-41BE-B30D-51BBAE39858C.jpeg

Personally I use an rda 99% of the time. I break glass-A lot!!
I also prefer the warmth and flavor of an rda over that of a tank. But it’s all personal preference. My wife is exactly the opposite. She hates dripping, forgets to drip or squonk and is always getting dry hits when she trys an rda.
With some of the newer tanks out there, the vape between RDAs and RTAs overall is not very dissimilar. That’s a very general statement as some rdas offer far superior flavor to anything else on the market and others offer more cloud production than a bad Halloween movie.
It’s like everything in vaping: you have to find what you prefer and enjoy it. There’s almost as much gear available as opinions on preference.

An rda is dripper:
You drip the juice directly -or squonk the juice - onto the coil.

View attachment 121715

An rta is a tank which holds the juice and feeds the juice to the coil.

View attachment 121716

Personally I use an rda 99% of the time. I break glass-A lot!!
I also prefer the warmth and flavor of an rda over that of a tank. But it’s all personal preference. My wife is exactly the opposite. She hates dripping, forgets to drip or squonk and is always getting dry hits when she trys an rda.
With some of the newer tanks out there, the vape between RDAs and RTAs overall is not very dissimilar. That’s a very general statement as some rdas offer far superior flavor to anything else on the market and others offer more cloud production than a bad Halloween movie.
It’s like everything in vaping: you have to find what you prefer and enjoy it. There’s almost as much gear available as opinions on preference.
Thanks , I would have one E-cigratte tomorrow.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello guys, I have no idea about what is the difference of RDA and RTA, I am a new vaper, would u recommend which one is better?
Obviously, your question regarding the difference between RDA and RTA, has been answered. How new of a Vaper are you? Have you build any coils yet? Both RDA and RTA require the ability to build and wick coils accordingly. However, there are tanks, that have (pre made) replacement coils. On the long run though, you're better off, building your own. Not just due to the cost of the replacements, but the better flavor you are able to get from rebuildable Atomizers. There are plenty of "How to" videos on YouTube, showing you how to building, and wicking your own coils.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you’re looking to start with rebuildables then get an rda first and work up to an rta, the Dead Rabbit 22mm rda is a good one to start with...just my opinion.

VU Sponsors