Become a Patron!

What's the hardest you have ran a Samsung 25r? Less than 0.15 ohms?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Going that low in a single battery is dumb and people that do it should feel stupid.

Parallel boxes exist for a reason. Leave five amps of head room in each battery. Go ten below what your total amperage is. If your going to use Samsung 25rs use 30 amps as your cap. You can get 0.14 ohms on a pair of parallel batteries.

If you use VTC4s or VTC3s (AKA the only real 30 amp batteries) you can get 50 amps (60 amps total out of the parallel batteries minus 5 amps per battery) and go down to 0.084 safely.

Don't be stupid. Don't do dumb things like try to draw past the C rating of a battery. Those guys are going to blow a hand off one day. Or look like The Dark Knight's version of Two Face some day.

Also, stop buying Efest batteries. Don't support those parasites.
Why are you posting in a cloud chaser forum. Users here are well above your skill and knowledge level. You should really keep your OPINIONS in the beginners threads. I will say, anyone using Efest should not be in this thread either. There is a very good reason why we don't use rebranded batteries, and if they don't know it, they shouldn't be here in this thread. It should be noted, that we have mentioned several times, that this is an advanced thread and new users should NOT try these builds. Reading to gain knowledge is fine, just don't try it until you KNOW for sure that you know what your results will be before you even build the coil. You should know how many amps your coil is going to pull, how many watts power you will get, how long you can fire the coil before your battery heats up, the internal chemical make up of your batteries, how many vent holes your mod has, what the result will be if your battery does go into a thermal run, and MOST important, how to build coils without shorts. People in this thread don't even use those eleaf ohm meters you get on fasttech for $8. 0.04 ohm accuracy is NOT acceptable for our purpose. So to restate, this is a thread well advanced of your vaping level, please take your opinions elsewhere, all you are doing is coming across sounding like a noob. We know the risks, and we know how to minimize those risks. Probably far better than you do.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Very true. I trust my DNA40's when im trying to measure super sub ohms. My Eleaf meter says 0.1, DNA says 0.08. Eleaf says 0.08, DNA says 0.07.

And the DNAs ohm reader has to be dead on accurate, otherwise the temp control would not work at all.
I just mentioned that in another thread. Cloud chasers don't go by those cheap ohm readers. Some are only accurate to 0.04 ohms. This is by far unacceptable. For example, say a competition build at 0.06 ohm. If you are off by 0.04 ohm, your build could be at 0.02 which is seriously below where even the most suicidal cloud chaser likes to be.

I should note, since some will likely use the "I have been a member longer than you" fall back argument, that I am member of several forums, and this is one of the latest.
I will also note, that no build or mod is 100% completely safe. The whole idea, is to make your builds as safe as you can by controlling all the variable factors you can and build within your comfort zone.

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont chase clouds anymore, i dont even really like to build anymore :D All i use now are genesis atties, i've had this current build and wick in for 5 months now and still going strong.

What i will say is, if i were to chase clouds, i would use a regulated device for checking the ohms, and i would also run a series build. Its more practical, its more safe, and i get more battery life. And venturing into pulse ratings is always a bit of a gamble, no matter how high end devices you are using, mechanical failure is always a possibility.

Lähetetty minun FRD-L09 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I dont chase clouds anymore, i dont even really like to build anymore :D All i use now are genesis atties, i've had this current build and wick in for 5 months now and still going strong.

What i will say is, if i were to chase clouds, i would use a regulated device for checking the ohms, and i would also run a series build. Its more practical, its more safe, and i get more battery life. And venturing into pulse ratings is always a bit of a gamble, no matter how high end devices you are using, mechanical failure is always a possibility.

Lähetetty minun FRD-L09 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Agree about the series build. For clouds I want bigger coils, not less resistance.

New build. about 0.09 to 0.08 ohm. 20ga stainless steel on a 3.5mm core. Battery is only at about 4v

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Gotta watch those web vendors real close. I saw a vendor on Amazon advertising 35A CDR 2500 MaH batteries. I reported him and posted comment. That just isn't safe at all. Say you have a mech and like blowing clouds. 35A battery you figure you can push a bit to 150% (so say 52A) but since that is not actually a 35A cell, it is only 20A... well you are now like 250% over CDR. Now if you think pushing an extra 50% is risky, try pushing 150% extra. That is just asking for trouble, without knowing the actual cell.

VU Sponsors