Become a Patron!

What's the last Movie you saw?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Trying to finish up this, damn you ADHD

The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1959563/

And starting on this (series, not a movie but based on an old classic movie from the 80's) to finally make use of my free Youtube Red for my Google Play subscription:

Cobra Kai
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7221388/

edit: I thought VU used to auto populate hyperlink images for IMDB? I guess I am thinking of the ELR forums.

Hitman's Bodyguard is a RIOT. :giggle:

Andria

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Hitman's Bodyguard is hilarious. Great movie.

Hitman's Bodyguard is a RIOT. :giggle:

Andria

Yeah, I like it so far but my ADHD has me jumping between Youtube Red (and non YTR subscriptions), PS Vue, Amazon Prime and Netflix throughout the day while I work and browse various forums. I have so many movies and tv series I am in the middle of it is a bit ridiculous but that is a far better problem than the side effects of the meds I used to take for my concentration/focus issues.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I like it so far but my ADHD has me jumping between Youtube Red (and non YTR subscriptions), PS Vue, Amazon Prime and Netflix throughout the day while I work and browse various forums. I have so many movies and tv series I am in the middle of it is a bit ridiculous but that is a far better problem than the side effects of the meds I used to take for my concentration/focus issues.

I'm currently reading 2 different novel series, both dealing in some way with the fae. :D Vastly different stories, vastly different protagonists and target audiences, but both very enjoyable. But one is available only as actual paper books, which I've come to find rather inconvenient; the other is via Kindle, so it's much easier to handle, for instance, when I'm eating or something where I don't really have both hands free for holding a big-ass book. :D

Andria

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Just saw "You, Me and Him" with David Tennant and Faye Marsay. It was a riot - and also touching and sweet. I'm also about halfway through Game of Thrones (yeah, I know, the last person in the world).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just saw "You, Me and Him" with David Tennant and Faye Marsay. It was a riot - and also touching and sweet. I'm also about halfway through Game of Thrones (yeah, I know, the last person in the world).

Maybe the next to last -- I haven't seen it, because I haven't read the books yet, and I always like to read the books first. GRRM is much too good an author to watch the show INSTEAD of reading the books.

Andria

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Maybe the next to last -- I haven't seen it, because I haven't read the books yet, and I always like to read the books first. GRRM is much too good an author to watch the show INSTEAD of reading the books.

Andria
I'm actually doing both - reading & watching.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saw Annihilation last night and IMO it wasn't that great. Sort of slow and I lost interest eventually.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just finished watching the mini series of "Godless" on Netflix.
A very good Western!
Also watched Kodachrome last night.
Better than I thought it would be.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
iBoy a Netfliz Original Movie it was just OK. Interesting plot but just OK.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I finally saw "The Force Awakens" over the weekend. Everyone told me it was much better than I-III, but I was so disappointed in those 3 movies, I resisted any further SW movies. I'm glad I finally saw The Force Awakens, it's a lot truer to the original 3 movies, but I was horribly saddened by the death of one of the major characters, whom I won't name in case there are any others who haven't yet seen it. It was also sad to see Carrie, and to see how old Mark is now. As we ALL are now. :( And I found it very hard to believe that a child of Leia and Han would be so damn ugly. :blech:

Andria

Last edited:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Cold Mountain

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Just watched the Westworld movie yesterday. Meh compared to the series. It is hard going backwards from now tech to 40 years ago tech - even if it was Crichton. I think Bradbury was the real god of that.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We saw Black Panther a few days ago. I was glad that it wasn't filled with that rap crap, as I'd feared it would be. Good flick.

Andria

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
finishing up blade runner 2049 and no complaints, also in the middle of the sum of all fears and liking it

i just queued up hancock, think I watched it once but want to rewatch it.

american hero on netflix was pretty good also

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
DEADPOOL 2 WAS AWESOME! :xD::xD::xD:

Really looking forward to it! My husband thought DP was stupid, but my son and I LOVED it. :giggle: Also looking forward to that new Avengers; I always have to wait for DVD or Blu-Ray because I categorically refuse to go out to the movies.

Andria

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saw two movies the past weekend.. Tag and Oceans 8..
Tag was the better one.. and it’s inspired by true events..little comical tho
Oceans was so so.. didn’t really explain a lot of the hidden plans to clearly.... and also brought back a selected few of the oceans 10,11,12 casts.. 8 is based on today’s time and the previous movies was in the past.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It doesn't really count as a movie, since it was a TV show.. but it was on a "movie" channel, HBO.. so anyway.. I'm FINALLY watching Game of Thrones. And I'm really glad that I don't have HBO and that I didn't have to watch an episode a week as all original viewers did, because I'd go nuts for a solid week. :D We're semi-binge-watching it, 2-3 episodes a night; think we're up to about halfway thru season 4. It truly is amazing. I'm kinda cheating too, looking at characters' pics from the show on IMDB, so I know a small amount about what's coming, and episode names, but I don't know when or how all those future events come to pass, so it's still fun as hell to watch. :D

Andria

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't really count as a movie, since it was a TV show.. but it was on a "movie" channel, HBO.. so anyway.. I'm FINALLY watching Game of Thrones. And I'm really glad that I don't have HBO and that I didn't have to watch an episode a week as all original viewers did, because I'd go nuts for a solid week. :D We're semi-binge-watching it, 2-3 episodes a night; think we're up to about halfway thru season 4. It truly is amazing. I'm kinda cheating too, looking at characters' pics from the show on IMDB, so I know a small amount about what's coming, and episode names, but I don't know when or how all those future events come to pass, so it's still fun as hell to watch. :D

Andria
It counts! Doesn’t have to be latest..
I was told west world is pretty good.. I gotta check it out..

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Don't laugh, it's an oldie but still good!

Sons of Katie Elder

Sent from a Galaxy far far away.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watched Death Wish yesterday. For the love of god that movie sucked!!! The only good thing about it was that it was bloody, and that's it. Bruce Willis cannot hold a candle to Charles Bronson.

So to offset that horrible movie I watched John Wick 1 & 2 afterwards.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Watched Death Wish yesterday. For the love of god that movie sucked!!! The only good thing about it was that it was bloody, and that's it. Bruce Willis cannot hold a candle to Charles Bronson.

So to offset that horrible movie I watched John Wick 1 & 2 afterwards.
If you like Bronson, watch Hard Times. Great movie set in the Depression Era.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watching The Return of the Living Dead. It's old but I love this movie and the soundtrack. Watched it in the theatre when it came many years ago.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Molly's Game
good 1, liked it

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watched quite a few movies lately since the heat has been up.

Ant-man and the wasp was a fun movie.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ready player one was good!
Recently saw equalizer and jurrasic world..
Gotta make use of the movie pass before they go down..
I was really surprised how much I enjoyed it! Gonna watch Jurassic World in just a bit, and quite possibly Deadpool 2. SO excited for Equalizer. Man I loved the first one! I hope the 2nd is at least as good.

VU Sponsors