Become a Patron!

What's the longest you've gone between recoil jobs?

vaypnvybes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the jinx buddy :)

Immediately after replying to your thread I did a dry burn and my coil popped :-(

dry burn is bad do it with a dripper with water and the water boils junk right off... never burned through using this method.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While I have an RDA, I rarely use it,

I have Zero patience and just want to fill a tank and go!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dry burn is bad do it with a dripper with water and the water boils junk right off... never burned through using this method.

This sounds like an interesting technique, but I didn't quite get how you do it: can you elaborate? Do you drip water and boil it off? If so, where does the crud go? Because when you dry-burn it, it goes up in smoke. With water, won't it stay inside the atty?

vaypnvybes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
only works with an RDA... but yea remove cotton and i have a drip bottle with water, i get the coils red hot and drop a couple drips on while holding mod sideways as not to get water in juice well, it evaporates off quikly so just drip on it enough so it doesnt stay red hot but is boiling off the crud.... it works great for me, i like dual coil double parralells with my 24 gauge so it gets junky pretty quik, i do this every couple of days and can make my builds last a long time and always taste fresh

vaypnvybes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just feel like dry burning you run the rish of burning through your coil, water just helps that not happen

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah okay. That's not gonna help me then: I use silica wicks :)
Thanks for the details though.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I spoke too fast. One of my coils broke. I now find myself rebuilding my Big Dripper on the road - well, in a bar in Brussels. Needless to say, half the - passably inebriated - patrons in the bar are staring at me, wondering wtf I'm doing with my tweezers and my nail clippers :)
Ain't that big Dripper great on the road!
Got one a week ago and slung a .3 build in it and screwed it on my Sig. 100 and love it when I'm truckin'.
Now if I can just perfect my button pushing timing. Over filled it several times this past week 'cause well...yes.... I'm a juice junkie. :D

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got this crazy coil-and wick setup that just won't give up: it's been going strong for 5 weeks now, with at least 8 hours a day of heavy usage. It's gone through 9 or 10 dry-burns too. And on top of that, it's thin 34-ga kanthal, not heavy-duty sub-ohm wire!

The coils are all messed up, unbalanced, half the loops don't even fire no more, and the wicks are all blackened and frayed, but the whole thing keeps on working and tasting great. Beats all you never saw...

What's the longest you've had a setup going for?
My KFL has been my daily driver for 6 months, Ive actually replaced the coil 4 times, only once out of necessity. I dry burn every 4-6 weeks, Im using 28 ga Kanthal. The last 2 months Ive been using a Clouper DNA 30 clone @ 12 watts. I use a home mixed blue berry on the road.

VU Sponsors