Become a Patron!

what's the next generation of box mods will be?

Since the the first tobacco style ecig, it has been some years after many new style created: the vv battery/ the mechnical mod/ the vv vw box mod, especially some mods includes TC function, bluetooth function. While we heart many said that it's just a battery: 10w/20w/30w/50w/100w....even higher........it should convenien all's vapor needs, so what's the next generation of box mods will be? Any of yours idea or imagination on it?

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Improvements in appearance, form factor, quality and price lets hope. I think we've gotten too used to these 6 month electronics. Let's build something that'll withstand heavy use for years like most cell phones.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
I'd like to see the emergence of regulated bottom feeders that implement MikeSully's suggestions

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd like to see a 6in android device built in so we don't have to carry all this crap around. Call it "The Vape and Surf"

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The implementation of more amp gauges built in would be nice...More control over a kanthal wire vape seems to be coming our way as well...The Asolo is proof of that and some innokin products as well.

Screens like SMY use are pretty nice and id like to see more go to that style...the little green or blue OLED screens just showing watts,volts and ohms are getting pretty old and boring.

Touch screen devices i think will be in the near future and eliminate all but maybe a fire button.

Magnetic 510's have poked its head out and id like to see that become more common with companies following suit with different attys and tanks to use with them.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats alot for an 06...id rather have an R1 anyway

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Improvements in appearance, form factor, quality and price lets hope. I think we've gotten too used to these 6 month electronics. Let's build something that'll withstand heavy use for years like most cell phones.
Two words: planned obsolescence. It only needs to hold up until they come up with the next new gimmick. Why would you buy the new one with one or two new features if your old one was still trendy and completely intact? The short lifespan is what continually keeps sales up. It guarantees more frequent purchases by necessitating that people keep coming back 2-3 times a year to get what they need.

But I do agree. Something a bit more future-proof would be nice. Perhaps something sturdy that can be upgraded by the end user as new tech is developed. That would be awesome. Maybe something with a case that's designed to be a platform, much like an ATX computer case. You buy the case and keep it for years while swapping components as the technological standard improves. Standardized form factors for components would make this very feasible. That way, you can keep your device and only swap out individual parts to get new features rather than buying a whole new device that's otherwise the same as the one you already have.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd like to see a change in battery technology or some other enhancements to energy storage or and management

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My girlfriend has requested an optional vibrator attachment for her Oh My Gawwd mod. :cool:

How about the Nuke ? lol
98f7e14fe1fda9f7951f88d4b1a9f792.jpg

But, pertaining to the original subject ... touch screen will be nice plus the possibility of temp comtrolling the Kanthal wire too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Solar powered mods

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lasers! I want Lasers! Have a vape then a light show.

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want battery tech that will last 3+ days of heavy vaping on a 100+ watt mod!

Nathan

Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I can't wait until battery technology improves so much that we don't need a huge box for a long lasting and powerful battery. I hope Tesla's will figure out some battery break through's, you know their cars are powered by 18650's!

VU Sponsors