Become a Patron!

What's wrong with my SVD?

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lately, my SVD has been acting up; and it's getting more consistent. In the middle of a vape, it will just stop. I'll look at the button & it's flashing 3 or 5 times. I don't count the blinks, but it stays battery voltage color instead of all three for turning on/off. I try again, and it may work fine or may do the same again, but not a shutting off issue. I'll check the coil & always reads what it should (2 ohm O.E. aerotank right now). I'm thinking it's either a high temp cutoff or internal short. While temperature could be an issue, I'm thinking not as it can do this on a first vape after sitting for awhile or chain vaping. If it is an internal short, is there any way to tell without tearing it apart? This thing was used for awhile with leaky evods and vivi tanks, so probably safe to say some juice seeped past the 510. It is about a year old, so maybe it's lifespan is running out? What you guys & gals think?

I'm sure I'll get some suggestions to do so, but buying a new mod is not an option right now. I've got a sigelei 50w coming which will bump my vamo down to backup. Pending the SVD outcome, my vamo may become my "new" work mod. And pending my satisfaction with the 50w, then I'll consider bumping that to work status in favor of higher watts or DIY sx350 for home.

Alxx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was recently having the same problem with my SVD. It turned out to be a battery going bad. I didn't suspect the battery because it was one of my newer 18500 batteries (7 months old).. But after trying that same battery in some other mods, and having them go wonky also, I figured it out. Using my other two 500's and the new one I picked up and she works great.

Thinking back that battery did seem to run out a little bit quicker then it used too. Though it always took a full charge.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep 2 batteries in rotation for the svd. Today, I used a different battery & it's still doing the same thing.

Alxx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any issues with those batteries in other devices? When my battery went bad it acted up in other mods also.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No other problems with batteries in my vamo. I'll try an svd battery in my vamo this weekend, but I'm sure it'll work fine

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I had a similar problem with my SVD. Thank goodness it was still under warranty. I believe it comes with a 90 day warranty. I'd go to where you bought it if that's the case. What ended up being the problem was that you have to be very careful not to tighten your tank too tightly or tighten the battery tube too tightly. I apparently did one of those and that caused the problem. I bought mine from an ebay vendor and they were very quick to allow me to return it and replaced it.

VU Sponsors