Become a Patron!

Latest purchase thread

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh crap, I've been buying spool tamers from the Amazon at 3x the price! Thanks, now I know the source! :cheers:
Some of the reviews said these were too wide for some spools. But I was there and they were cheap, so I figured I'd try them anyway. I'll let ya know how they work, but you know FT...it could take a while lol.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to try using these tamers to stagger claptons.
Are you trying to space the claptons with the tamer so that the clapton wraps are evenly spaced? If so you might want to try the 'button trick'. The person in the vid uses a swivel on one end, a drill at the other like usual. They use a bobby pin inserted in the drill to create a loop for the core wire. Then they wrap a bit of clapton out wrap wire (the finer gauge) around the core between a couple of starter wraps so it's tight against the core wire and pull each end of the wire tight through the button holes and twist it snug with pliers. As the outer wrap coils around the core wire it moves the button and spacer wire down on its own. Not sure if it works on fused claptons though.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you trying to space the claptons with the tamer so that the clapton wraps are evenly spaced? If so you might want to try the 'button trick'. The person in the vid uses a swivel on one end, a drill at the other like usual. They use a bobby pin inserted in the drill to create a loop for the core wire. Then they wrap a bit of clapton out wrap wire (the finer gauge) around the core between a couple of starter wraps so it's tight against the core wire and pull each end of the wire tight through the button holes and twist it snug with pliers. As the outer wrap coils around the core wire it moves the button and spacer wire down on its own. Not sure if it works on fused claptons though.

I never cease to be amazed at how creative some people are.

A couple of ideas I've seen is using a key ring or paper clip in front of the button and you could probably do 2 or 3 cores.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never cease to be amazed at how creative some people are.

A couple of ideas I've seen is using a key ring or paper clip in front of the button and you could probably do 2 or 3 cores.
Even (6) cores

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not trying to be a dick but is nothing happy about Memorial Day today is a day to honor our brothers that make the ultimate sacrifice for our country !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To me I'm happy that I can stay home and relax....but I do miss fallen close friends and think about them every day.....

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I haven't actually used the button trick, but I'm aware of it. I've used a loop of wire, held in one hand while running the drill with the other hand. Thanks for looking out though :)

Thing with the tamers is that it can be done "hands-free", and set up to make regular claptons, and different amounts of spacing. Like if you wanted pitchforks and such. You adjust the spacing in the first couple of inches, and the spool rides underneath the core, all the way to the end. If you have a drill with a trigger lock, you can sit back and watch it make a 6' spaced clapton all by itself lol.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Waiting for it all to come but fuchai duo 3, kylin green, crown 3 rainbow, and I'm sure some stuff I can remember lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Street_hawk666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Login the eleaf pico squeeze.. the whole squonking experience is brilliant with no drips or constantly filling rdtas.. ordered the kangertech 160w squonk

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's like my friends say.... I hate women with fake breasts......

I say if I can touch them and feel them..... They are real !!!!!!!!!!

Clones are equal and sometimes even better.......

So be happy......

Oh don't doubt for a moment im happy. I love my Billet Fauxs. These things are exactly perfect for me so now I have 4. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Johnny VapeStand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of the reviews said these were too wide for some spools. But I was there and they were cheap, so I figured I'd try them anyway. I'll let ya know how they work, but you know FT...it could take a while lol.

I seem to have the opposite problem. I need spool tamers to fit the Kidney Puncher spools.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An exact copy of my old lady......
b61605e94268be295ce8829b3441d077.jpg

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just bought a Battlestar in camo for my younger son's birthday, an OBS Engine tank for my older son's birthday (one day apart), and assorted bits and bobs like a red replacement tank and drip tip for one of my Baby Beasts, cleaning brushes, 1ml syringes, 510 atomizer stands, a spool of wire and wire tamers from FastTech.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I also just bought 2 more batteries and a 2-bay charger for my older son (he's been charging his in his Alien mod) along with a battery case, 2 batteries for my younger son's Battlestar (he uses our charger and spare batteries), and two 26650s and a case for my flashlight because I'm sick to death of buying disposable AAA batteries for it. All from Liion Wholesale. My husband is gonna have a stroke from all the money I'm spending. :giggle:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Let's share our latest purchases. Mine was a new pc and some equipment for it. What about yours?

I have a 3TB Seagate Expansion External Hard Drive hooked in to my network through my router.
I was running out of space (around 600gb left) so I decided on an upgrade.

I went with a WD 6TB My Book Duo Desktop RAID External Hard Drive
Found a great deal on eBay.

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
Managed to catch a discontinued sale item at Elementvapes....

Vandy Vape Pulse X BF 90W Starter Kit

Getting the Special edition for $5 more got me the Pulse v2 RDA and the special resin design. So I chose the Special Edition Kill Devil Hills Resin version for $32.95. Can't wait to get it here to build on it....

TrPcUGU.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Managed to catch a discontinued sale item at Elementvapes....

Vandy Vape Pulse X BF 90W Starter Kit

Getting the Special edition for $5 more got me the Pulse v2 RDA and the special resin design. So I chose the Special Edition Kill Devil Hills Resin version for $32.95. Can't wait to get it here to build on it....

TrPcUGU.jpg

That's my favorite color choice for the Pulse X. Enjoy!!!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I hit some insane sales at Woman Within, Roamans and DSW Shoes. Free Blanket and duffle bag. Bought a SMOK dual 18650 225w mod for $17.18 out the door. Originally $40. The sales are still active but end today or soon. Some adjusted a bit.. Oh, I spent $350 at Vaping Watch, too.
Bad girl. Veeeery Bad Girl. :oops:

VU Sponsors