Become a Patron!

What's Your Personal Favorite Mech Mod?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Almost like asking your favorite color, lol, but some of my personal favorites that I own and can vouch for are:

Authentics:
Avid Lyfe Able (Copper)
Limitless Sleeve (Aluminum)

Clones:
Admiral (Brass with Rainbow Finish-25mm 20700 Battery)
Broadside (Copper with Black Finish)
TVL Colt 45 (Brass)

Also a couple of Series Mechs that are good are:

VCP Piglet
Noisy Cricket II-25 (Technically not a mech in my book, but that’s what most folks classify it as)

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Last edited:

ReyesRec89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I found out about the Goon DripTech squonker, since it's running in parallel I felt it would be a good start for my first mech mod. Been vaping for about 3 years now. I have my original Goon but wanted to look into a more cloud comp rda..maybe a Kennedy or I could just maybe get the trinity glass cap for my Goon..either way wana start getting serious about the clouds..If anyone has some pointers would love to hear em. Thanks guys..

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My favorites in no particular order:
Subohm innovations legendary
Overdose by mcv(only 22mm)
Hallowpoint parallel
Infected parallel

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Best bang for your buck by far. If you want to spend more than a roundhouse ... my son just got a cerakoted black roundhouse and put a black goon on top. It is really nice.

Also owned a roundhouse. Both are fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the replies guys. I did hear the Broadside is really nice, and is one of the safest mech's out there, not really a fan of the plain look to it tho. I think my decision will be the RX Machina as it is really cheap, and it comes with a rda aswell. What do you guys think of it? some feedback would be great. It would be my first mech aswell. :)

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Right now my " at work " choice is a Copper Limitless Sleeve mech but at home my Stingray X gets a lot of use.
Can't really go too wrong with a Limitless though.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the replies guys. I did hear the Broadside is really nice, and is one of the safest mech's out there, not really a fan of the plain look to it tho. :)

If you like the safety of the broadside and like the idea of being able to swap out and use either 18650 and 20700 (like the machina) I would highly recommend the Admiral. It is a broadside device, only the tube inside the Admiral is removeable to use 20700 or leave the tube in for 18650 batteries. They can look a bit plain, but they can be engraved. Mine is a clone, so, I don’t know if they have this finish on an Authentic, since I started using my Admiral setup a week or so ago I’ve had a ton of people stopping me to admire it...people that vape and people that don’t. And since it’s a clone, it was cheap as long as you don’t mind the shipping time.
eb1dcc3c129d4d0b0b76d5272129b2ab.jpg
6be42ec68b3ac01de993b5983db0e4cc.jpg

Can’t beat $17.58 from Fasttech!

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My favorite tube mods so far are my

Purge see no evil
Purge truck
Angry cloud tube mod

I have others but them those are my all time favorites right now
Well I also love my

Purge Mods Maelstrom
Purge Mods Serenity
Purge Mods Suicide King
Purge Mods Blood Stain
Purge Mods Karma
Purge Mods Suicide King Squonker
Purge Mods King Blood Stain

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What batteries would you guys suggest? Sony VTC5A or the LG HB6 Pink? i would like to build around 0.15 to 0.17 ohms. Also I'm looking for a RDA aswell, anyone got suggestions for a nice RDA for low builds?

Last edited:

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sony. I have both and I don’t care for the pinkies too much.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You’ll get lots of replies for rda’s just like the mod, preference. I still dig my kennedys for mechs.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What batteries would you guys suggest? Sony VTC5A or the LG HB6 Pink? i would like to build around 0.15 to 0.17 ohms on my VGOD Elite Mech. Also I'm looking for a RDA aswell, anyone got suggestions for a nice RDA for low builds?
VTC5A. What exactly are you looking for in an RDA besides low builds? (Price range, airflow type/options, drip tip compatibility, build space, chamber size, depth of juice well, outer diameter and aesthetics, height, weight, coil configurations e.g. single coil or dual or both, coil mounting system e.g. velocity style or clamp system or 3-post or postless, size of the postholes, screw type, gold plated deck or not, accessories e.g. package includes both a metal chuff cap and a delrin one and or a squonk pin and or an additional sleeve offering an alternative choice of airflow type, optional accessories separately sold yes or no,...).

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VTC5A. What exactly are you looking for in an RDA besides low builds? (Price range, airflow type/options, drip tip compatibility, build space, chamber size, depth of juice well, outer diameter and aesthetics, height, weight, coil configurations e.g. single coil or dual or both, coil mounting system e.g. velocity style or clamp system or 3-post or postless, size of the postholes, screw type, gold plated deck or not, accessories e.g. package includes both a metal chuff cap and a delrin one and or a squonk pin and or an additional sleeve offering an alternative choice of airflow type, optional accessories separately sold yes or no,...).

I really don't have any preference for a RDA, just looking for some nice suggestions to go on a hybrid mech mod.

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What batteries would you guys suggest? Sony VTC5A or the LG HB6 Pink? i would like to build around 0.15 to 0.17 ohms on my VGOD Elite Mech. Also I'm looking for a RDA aswell, anyone got suggestions for a nice RDA for low builds?

For 18650 I’d go with VTC5A all day and I’m also very happy with Aspire 1800’s. When it comes to 20700, I haven’t really gotten into the market with them much yet as I only have one mod that uses them, but the iJoy 20700 battery and Sanyo 20700B are two that I have and use and haven’t had a problem out if either of them. I used to use Samsung 25R 18650’s, and they are safe, I just found the performance lacking a bit compared to the Sony and Aspire

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't have any preference for a RDA, just looking for some nice suggestions to go on a hybrid mech mod.

22mm atty’s I can vouch for:
Lush RDA
Twisted Messes
Twisted Messes Squared

24mm atty’s I can vouch for:
Goon
Apocalypse
Dead Rabbit
Mini Buddha v2
Recoil

25mm atty I can vouch for:
iJoy Combo RDA

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For attys I've limited myself to these only

Cyclone

22mm
Petri
Tugboat
Kennedy
Goon
Baal v3
Narda
Hadalay

Goon
Kennedy
Recoil
Petri
X1

BAM crew

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
22mm atty’s I can vouch for:
Lush RDA
Twisted Messes
Twisted Messes Squared

24mm atty’s I can vouch for:
Goon
Apocalypse
Dead Rabbit
Mini Buddha v2
Recoil

25mm atty I can vouch for:
iJoy Combo RDA

Yes, I liked the Mini Buddha V2 so much I now have 2 of them.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I liked the Mini Buddha V2 so much I now have 2 of them.

Yeah, the only problem is that one if it’s features is also a bit of a drawback...a double-edged sword, you could say. Big beefy posts that use regular sized screw heads with post holes big enough to fit a wire hanger through, but all that cuts into the space for your builds. I typically wrap coils using the 3mm screwdriver from a precision screwdriver set, but when I’m building for my mini Buddha I have to scale down to using the 2.4mm instead. Currently, I’ve got a staged Clapton build in mine (28/36 N80 in parallel with 26ga N80) because my aliens just don’t leave much room.
489861753b19a63b03fcc0dcc39d4a66.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For 18650 I’d go with VTC5A all day and I’m also very happy with Aspire 1800’s. When it comes to 20700, I haven’t really gotten into the market with them much yet as I only have one mod that uses them, but the iJoy 20700 battery and Sanyo 20700B are two that I have and use and haven’t had a problem out if either of them. I used to use Samsung 25R 18650’s, and they are safe, I just found the performance lacking a bit compared to the Sony and Aspire

The Sanyo 20700B is only a 16 amp battery, whereas the 5-legged (!) iJoy 20700 is 30 amps. The Sanyo 20700B is definitely NOT recommended for low ohm builds on a mech... the Sanyo 20700A is, because that one is also 30 amps (and adds a little more mAh as well as hits harder at higher amps, but around 30 amps or below hits─initially─less hard than the 5-legged iJoy). These are all good batteries if you know their amp rating and you know about battery safety. (Not saying you don't already know the 20700B is only 16 amps, but others who might be reading your reply might not know it yet...).

As for how the Samsung 25R compares to the VTC5A... there is no comparison. The 25R is only 20 amps vs 25 amps for the VTC5A, and the 25R does not even have more mAh than the VTC5A. Just simply avoid it unless you really have no other choice. Aspire are just rewraps that usually cost more, but perform worse compared to their non-rewrap counterpart. So, regarding those 18650 batteries... please read up on Mooch's battery tests to learn about the performance of different batteries before handing out your terrible advice because no, Lithium rechargable batteries are NOT safe. Ever. Instead, they are RELATIVELY safe IF you did your homework on battery safety AND you did your homework properly─which, apparently, you did not do because else you wouldn't be claiming they are safe, and you would know more about how the performance of different batteries compares. I may sound a bit harsh to you, but that's only because the reality is that people who are new to mech mods also land in hospital as a result from forum posts similar to the one you wrote.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think mine is obvious enough. As for RDA, I'm really enjoying the new Gorge I got. :) Also love the NaRDA, Goon, Goon LP, Velocity V2. All except the Gorge are clones. Got the Gorge at a rather affordable price. Ah, yes the mod I use is authentic.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ll add a disclaimer that I am saying that based on my personal experience with using these batteries for years, that I have not had a single problem with any of them.
I bought a product, used said product, the product worked as advertised with no adverse effects or safety issues whatsoever from the many that I’ve bought from different batches and different locations and therefore can say that I enjoy using these batteries and have been safe in all of my uses with them.
I don’t see how it could be considered terrible advice to simply state that I bought something that I used and it worked well and hasn’t put me or anyone that I have known or heard of in the hospital.
Though, I suppose I should contact AV Lyfe and tell them that I’ll be bringing a lawsuit against them for recommending unsafe batteries for use in their premium competition grade mechanical mods directly on the box the mod comes in...
21f9bc1c55628033311576b5950828c4.jpg

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am currently using Samsung in my Switch V2 with a .12 build in it. Look, you have to be sensitive to your mod. You should know if it is getting too warm and sit it down for a few minutes. It is not rocket science. I do like Sonys but there are a lot of counterfeit about. And I'm in Canada - don't tell me to but from a US distributor. And it is not necessary to imply the I don't know anything about mechs or batteries or don't read Mooch's reviews.

So on topic ... I like my Switch V2 - very old school atty on top similar to my old Tactical Warhead but it works well.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’ll add a disclaimer that I am saying that based on my personal experience with using these batteries for years, that I have not had a single problem with any of them.
I bought a product, used said product, the product worked as advertised with no adverse effects or safety issues whatsoever from the many that I’ve bought from different batches and different locations and therefore can say that I enjoy using these batteries and have been safe in all of my uses with them.
I don’t see how it could be considered terrible advice to simply state that I bought something that I used and it worked well and hasn’t put me or anyone that I have known or heard of in the hospital.
Though, I suppose I should contact AV Lyfe and tell them that I’ll be bringing a lawsuit against them for recommending unsafe batteries for use in their premium competition grade mechanical mods directly on the box the mod comes in...
21f9bc1c55628033311576b5950828c4.jpg

So you've chosen 18650 batteries that perform reasonably well, but far from excellent. And you own a mod that came in a box with printed seriously outdated or sloppy battery recommendations on it... I'm so deeply impressed now!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am currently using Samsung in my Switch V2 with a .12 build in it. Look, you have to be sensitive to your mod. You should know if it is getting too warm and sit it down for a few minutes. It is not rocket science. I do like Sonys but there are a lot of counterfeit about. And I'm in Canada - don't tell me to but from a US distributor. And it is not necessary to imply the I don't know anything about mechs or batteries or don't read Mooch's reviews.

So on topic ... I like my Switch V2 - very old school atty on top similar to my old Tactical Warhead but it works well.
https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SonyVTC5a

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not attempting to impress anyone nor am I attempting to belittle anyone’s views or opinions or ideas or tell them what they should do or what they should research or that any ideas they have are terrible.
I’m simply stating that I have used a product, the product worked as advertised with no ill effects, whether they were reasonably well or excellent...no harm has come to me from using these products. I am not attacking what you are saying nor disputing what you feel are valid points.
If you have used a product that I have mentioned and it vented or caused an explosion in your mod, then that is your personal experience with them and no one can tell you otherwise and you’d be well entitled to explain that those products caused you harm. In my personal experience, these batteries have not caused me harm and they have worked to my satisfaction.
Simply telling someone that you’ve used a product and it did what it was supposed to do with no ill effects is not saying they are perfect...simply that the products for that person did as they should.
We have gotten badly off topic on this and I am withdrawing from this debate as it seems you are taking things entirely too personal and I apologize for that. It’s in your right to say I’m wrong as it’s mine to say these products worked to my satisfaction. That’s all.

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys I've been researching and found some choices, and i really need your thoughts on them.

1. TVL Colt .45 - Really like the size, and look..
2. Avid Able Mod
3. Shorty SZCM (Blemished)
4. And The Purge Twiztid

Need your help one choosing one.. :headbang:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey guys I've been researching and found some choices, and i really need your thoughts on them.

2. Avid Able Mod
4. And The Purge Twiztid

The only one I have out of your list is the szcm shorty. I have a blem and a non blem. I couldn't tell the difference.
Love the button on it! Also, as a plus, you can get one of their attys and make it a true hybrid. Parts for it are readily available if you ever happen to need them; which, is highly unlikely but nice to know.

BAM crew

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve got a Copper Able Mod and a Brass Colt 45 and they are both excellent mods.
10daea8b57e09c84f55c94f4afedab6f.jpg

If I could choose only one, I would go with the Able over the Colt 45 just due to a few things that are mostly preference.
One being that the Able Mod uses a set of magnets in the button assembly, where the Colt 45 is spring loaded...I just happen to prefer magnets over springs.
ec7d4ddaa01a2178344f489aa6884526.jpg

The other is weight...the Colt 45 seems to be a much heavier mod, but again...that’s a preference type of thing.
Lastly is the the fact that I can lock down the button on my Able Mod preventing it from auto-firing when I’m carrying it in a pocket or setting it down, where the Colt 45 has only the fact that it uses a very stiff spring to keep this from happening...just a bit of peace of mind knowing that there’s 0% possibility of an auto-fire as opposed to it being just “more than likely” not going to auto-fire
dc8b5f8231d20a760ccd4e5d9c1b40d0.jpg

Both of mine hit impressively hard and I would recommend either of them based on my personal experiences with mine, but like I said, if I was told I could only keep one of them, I’d keep the Able Mod over the Colt 45, but I’m also partial to copper mods over Brass and can’t vouch for any differences there might be if I had a Copper Colt 45 and Brass Able or both of the same metal to do an apples-to-apples comparison with.

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Carambrda I saw you mentioned that you have a VCM XXX, how do you like it is it your favorite? I'm really thinking of getting it because of the price, and all the good reviews I've seen so far..

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

2. Avid Able Mod
4. And The Purge Twiztid

Twiztid because I am a pretty huge fan of Purge Mods... I recently got the King Blood Stain. Agreed the TVL Colt is quite nice too, though.
@Carambrda I saw you mentioned that you have a VCM XXX, how do you like it is it your favorite? I'm really thinking of getting it because of the price, and all the good reviews I've seen so far..
I have both the brass one and the purple plasma (aluminum) one. I also have the matching extension for both of them, and, for the brass one I also have the matching new bottom section, as the original one that came with my brass XXX uses the older switch ("VC Tech") and that I wasn't too happy with... the new switch is called "Comp-S" and it is excellent... no more arcing no more misfires and easier maintenance. I love these mods. But if you don't need the extension you could still decide to go for the Admiral instead... patina it if you don't like the plain look. Another compact/small tube mech that I really like is my RNV Designs Sebone (not to be confused with the Steelvape Sebone). Little hard hitter for sure.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If we are posting pics - here is my newest ... hits like a freight train with parallel .12 NI80switch.png

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Twiztid because I am a pretty huge fan of Purge Mods... I recently got the King Blood Stain. Agreed the TVL Colt is quite nice too, though.

I have both the brass one and the purple plasma (aluminum) one. I also have the matching extension for both of them, and, for the brass one I also have the matching new bottom section, as the original one that came with my brass XXX uses the older switch ("VC Tech") and that I wasn't too happy with... the new switch is called "Comp-S" and it is excellent... no more arcing no more misfires and easier maintenance. I love these mods. But if you don't need the extension you could still decide to go for the Admiral instead... patina it if you don't like the plain look. Another compact/small tube mech that I really like is my RNV Designs Sebone (not to be confused with the Steelvape Sebone). Little hard hitter for sure.

Yeah the Admiral looks nice but i just don't like the plain look to it.. As for the XXX what's the difference between the 11.11? i would be getting the black Cerakoted Copper version.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah the Admiral looks nice but i just don't like the plain look to it.. As for the XXX what's the difference between the 11.11? i would be getting the black Cerakoted Copper version.
The only difference is how it looks.
XXX black cerakoted copper:
XXX_black_1024x1024@2x.jpg

11:11 black cerakoted copper:
1111_black_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm.. XXX looks better to me, but the 11.11 looks skinnier possibly..
They're both 27mm outer diameter, tapered to 24mm at the top. The pictures can give you the wrong visual impression whilst comparing them because the XXX is pictured with the beauty ring removed from it. With a 20700 the ring is to cover up the part of the screw threads that isn't visible if an 18650 is used. The adapter piece is just a small white plastic cylinder that goes around the 18650 on the inside of the mod. You can feel the battery move just a tiny little bit if you vigorously swing the mod, but there's no real battery rattle with either battery type. The machining is also very good, but still you have to be careful not to damage the screw threads between the top and bottom section as well as the ring... not a problem if you take proper care with screwing the parts together. The button has a nice comfortable throw IMO.

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They're both 27mm outer diameter, tapered to 24mm at the top. The pictures can give you the wrong visual impression whilst comparing them because the XXX is pictured with the beauty ring removed from it. With a 20700 the ring is to cover up the part of the screw threads that isn't visible if an 18650 is used. The adapter piece is just a small white plastic cylinder that goes around the 18650 on the inside of the mod. You can feel the battery move just a tiny little bit if you vigorously swing the mod, but there's no real battery rattle with either battery type. The machining is also very good, but still you have to be careful not to damage the screw threads between the top and bottom section as well as the ring... not a problem if you take proper care with screwing the parts together. The button has a nice comfortable throw IMO.

Thanks for the info.. I've heard that RNV Designs Miura, and the Sebone are really good mechs aswell, been looking at those. So now my choices are either the xxx, or one from RNV Designs, about the same price, but can't use 20700 batteries.. :( Are using 20700 batteries worth it? and handle better for low builds?

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As someone who uses both 18650 & 20700 batteries, not really at least at this point. Finding good 20700 batteries is hard that has been muddied by iJoy selling shit ones and what ones that are better than a VCT5A (amp king), are damn near impossible to find. If a better stock situation occurs, then yeah, they would be better.

As for a choice of the XXX or Miura/Katana, go RNV as their quality is a lot better than the stuff VC have been putting out lately

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info.. I've heard that RNV Designs Miura, and the Sebone are really good mechs aswell, been looking at those. So now my choices are either the xxx, or one from RNV Designs, about the same price, but can't use 20700 batteries.. :( Are using 20700 batteries worth it? and handle better for low builds?
Yes, at least for me 20700 batteries are worth it. The Sanyo NCR20700A (not to be confused with the Sanyo NCR20700B) is "elusive" in the sense that it has been really very hard to find, but the 5-legged iJoy 20700 has been extremely easy for me to find, and it still outperforms (according to Mooch's battery tests) the Ampking that @fartbubble has mentioned. I own six 5-legged iJoy 20700 batteries. I also own eighteen VTC5A batteries. I have been comparing their performance on a daily basis for the past six months now so I think I know what I am talking about... if I may be so bold to say so, sir. :D

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As for a choice of the XXX or Miura/Katana, go RNV as their quality is a lot better than the stuff VC have been putting out lately
I'll have to respectfully disagree. Owning both the RNV Sebone and the VC XXX hasn't stopped me from loving both mods equally both in pure terms of quality and in terms of everything else─despite they use different form factors.

sebone sun.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol, on the battery front:.
It's like the rest of vaping, what do you want out of your mod.
If you can build for the 18650 and like it, why change it?
I had the same discussion with myself on the 26650, and stuck with the 18650.
Couple that with the fact that ijoy and sanyo are the only two current companies with the 20700. And ijoy has already changed the battery they are wrapping to something around 15a, so we are left with one manufacturer that we can trust. Now, trying to find that one battery from that one manufacturer is another issue altogether.

I always built between a .1-.15 for a single 18650 anyway, and vtc5a and 25r batteries are easy to find. If the worse thing you have to do is change the battery, is it really worth it at this point?

Last edited:

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll have to respectfully disagree. Owning both the RNV Sebone and the VC XXX hasn't stopped me from loving both mods equally both in pure terms of quality and in terms of everything else─despite they use different form factors.

View attachment 95495

The RNV Black Miura looks really nice.. The Vaping Bogan said if he could keep only one mech he would choose the Miura. I only wish they would make one in copper tho.. :( It would be a dream to get my hands on a Sebone in fire copper. Also some people say that their button sticks a bit. Did yours stick with the Sebone?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors