Become a Patron!

Wheezing from vaping

Greetings, I have been vaping for a little over a year, and the first year I had no problems, but 3 months ago I started to wheeze from vaping. It was not too severe, so I cut back, and then quit for a little over a month. I started to vape again and I started to wheeze again and I do not know why. I use a Smok Alien with a Baby Beast Tank and also a Smok Nord first gen, and at the time I was vaping 3mg eliquid made by Naked, and not by the shop I bought it from. When I first started to wheeze I was using my Nord and was buying my eliquids from ecblend dot com. When I vape I wheeze a little bit, and then it comes and goes. I tend to chain vape and will vape for probably like 10-15 minutes at a time. Does anyone have any ideas about this? I spoke to a Doctor, and he said that vaping liquids can have irritants, and he prescribed me an inhaler, which I use when the wheezing won't go away on its own. I have vaped ratios of 80vg/20pg, 70vg/30pg, 60vg/40pg, and 50/50 ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum.
I do not have this issue. I have heard of it before.
Mostly the wheezing in the morning.
I think @SMOKIE had this issue.
He used a really small vape (less vapor) with 50/50 eliquid in the am and then switched to his regular one after. He also had issues with high VG eliquids. I don't think he went above 70VG after he figured it out.
There are aslo certain flavorings and/or sweeteners that cause a reaction in some people.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Ive actually thought about this before.
On occasions it feels almost like the condensation from the vape happening in your lungs, like if u had accidentally inhaled water, same type of coughing feeling i mean

what i have experienced doesnt require an inhaler, it goes away after a min but im also coming from the perspective of an ex smoker, so my breathing in general is better

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Greetings, I have been vaping for a little over a year, and the first year I had no problems, but 3 months ago I started to wheeze from vaping. It was not too severe, so I cut back, and then quit for a little over a month. I started to vape again and I started to wheeze again and I do not know why. I use a Smok Alien with a Baby Beast Tank and also a Smok Nord first gen, and at the time I was vaping 3mg eliquid made by Naked, and not by the shop I bought it from. When I first started to wheeze, I was using my Nord and was buying my eliquids from ecblend dot com. When I vape I wheeze a little bit, and then it comes and goes. I tend to chain vape and will vape for probably like 10-15 minutes at a time. Does anyone have any ideas about this? I spoke to a Doctor, and he said that vaping liquids can have irritants, and he prescribed me an inhaler, which I use when the wheezing won't go away on its own. I have vaped ratios of 80vg/20pg, 70vg/30pg, 60vg/40pg, and 50/50 ratio.

Welcome to VU linercapr.

I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to pharma, so I'd probably be more concerned about what's in that medical inhaler than a bit of wheeze, but I won't try to be your doctor.

Some people are a bit allergic to PG, and others have trouble with the greater viscosity of VG. As 5150sick mentioned, some are irritated by sweeteners, others by certain flavorings.

I vape 80pg/20vg which I have found satisfying for more than 10 years, but I do get a froggie in my throat, which I think may be sinus drainage, and it may be because of the pg. It affects my voice, so it bothers my vanity. When I'm wheezing it's because I've been dusting and vacuuming, or the season has pollens, molds and other irritants flying.

I realize this post is not going to be your answer. Did you take up vaping to quit smoking?

I would say to keep experimenting with your pg/vg ratios, try vaping unflavored liquid, don't give up if vaping is keeping you off cigarettes. When I look back on my smoking years, when a client once listened to me coughing my lungs out and asked if he should call me an ambulance, I happily live with that little occasional froggie gurgle in my throat.

I personally haven't experienced this, but I know people who have faced this issue. Mostly, some underlying health conditions like bronchial irritation, allergic reaction, and sensitivity to chemical exposure can cause wheezing!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It figures.
Another piece of shit link edit scammer.

1687882402536.png

I'll revert it an ban them.
I shouldn't have wasted my time responding to the OP.

This is how in less than 3 months it can go from "Welcome to the forum" to "Fuck off asshole" with OP not even posting twice.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It figures.
Another piece of shit link edit scammer.

View attachment 205927

I'll revert it an ban them.
I shouldn't have wasted my time responding to the OP.

This is how in less than 3 months it can go from "Welcome to the forum" to "Fuck of asshole" with OP not even posting twice.
Well it makes you feel scammed, not the first time and surely not the last. I would hate for it to lead to us changing from welcoming and helpful, to suspicious and stand-offish. There will always be assholes.

I've never had this and Vaping over 10yrs, heavy the last few. But I have heard some people can have this issue and they don't know why (medically) I forgot the name they gave it sry.. if I come across it again I'll post. But it's a small % of ppl. Also a potential allergy could play a role.

VU Sponsors