Become a Patron!

When is too much hardware, too much?

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok sweet, haven't had ciggs in over 2 years....been Vaping the entire way, the benefits to my health can't be put to spoken word! But, for someone like me that's usually frugal with spending on personal hobbies or "wants"......I buy vape hardware like it's already out of style.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there NicChrobilt, I'm with you, Love my vape gear too, What are you vaping on and Welcome to VU:)

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you still not smoking? If not, I'd say there's no such thing as too much gear! I'm kind of in the same boat, working on a pretty strict budget and I've never been one to spluge on myself much but I'm starting to collect a decent amount of vaping hardware.

If you feel like you are overburdened with hardware send me some! Or check out the PIF section, if you can get in on a PIF box they are a lot of fun!

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hiya, currently vaping at .63 on a T-8 through a copper little boy clone.....at the moment! In 30 mins it could be a mech, or possibly a mini or an unregulated etc etc..lol I'm sorta out of control. Actually it's because Im laid off till the first of March and though cabin fever hasn't quite set in, my vapemail addiction has!

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE="I buy vape hardware like it's already out of style."[/QUOTE]

If it's not the very latest and greatest, it's out of style. Only being at it for 6 months everything I've been buying is "out of style" but it's gotten good reviews and I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

Last edited:

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So does anyone sacrifice the ability to drip for the convenience of "drip tanks" due to their occupation?? Last season I was completely satisfied with low vg juice in low wattage devices, this season I'm pretty sure that's gonna change lol

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And I was definitely being facetious when I said I buy vape hardware as if its already out of style......poor choice of words! As far as my collection of hardware is concerned, unless it's totally flawed in design and has absolutely 0% chance of being used, then out of style or not I loves my stuff.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have everything I want. Once in a while if I see some great sale, I'll buy something new, but I have fifteen different atties, about ten different mods / batteries, and so much juice I don't know what to do with it. I'm done spending any REAL money on vaping.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have gotten to the point where I really don't think I will be purchasing any new mods with the possible exception of some kind of Mini. I may ask for a Subtank Mini and extra RBA heads.

Since I already have a stockpile of Kanthal and wicking material and my batteries are fairly fresh so hopfully they won't need to be replaced for about a year, the only thing I will be purchasing is E-Liquid or what I need to get into DIY.

But since I am an admitted vaper, I won't swear to the above if something really, really cool comes out!

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's too much only during those brief moments when you aren't interested in any new gear. If you find
yourself in that position, don't worry, you'll be well soon. :D

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I'm at the point in my vapage where it's starting to become a bit easier to deny myself impulsive spending on hardware, for a while I'd only buy the newest tech, most energy efficient, most convenient, so on and sf , but when these scenarios occur daily in a lifestyle where the tech grows in leaps and bounds.........I almost couldn't buy stuff as fast as it was being realized....ie~hybrid mechs, ~subtanks, lipo batts etc

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What is this too much vape gear bollocks?? I will quit buying collector mods and attys once I run out of money.....NEVAH.
EDIT: Or at least for as long and I'm single.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol, it only took me ten hours to eat my words, just bought a bunch more stuff. :confused:

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The ol' ~have everything you want~ statement eh? Lol nice, atomizer a day keeps big bad tobacco away!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The ol' ~have everything you want~ statement eh? Lol nice, atomizer a day keeps big bad tobacco away!
I'm a sucker for a great deal I guess. I got something like $50 worth of stuff for $20, just couldn't pass it up.

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a sucker for a great deal I guess. I got something like $50 worth of stuff for $20, just couldn't pass it up.
Totally understandable, just today I found out an entire rackof atomizers that's been sitting in a lonely corner of a lonely shelf at my local vape shop were all on sale for about 40% off!!!!! Needless to say I came home with an IGO-M original and a polished omega clone. Damnit, now I need a new flavor.

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Totally understandable, just today I found out an entire rackof atomizers that's been sitting in a lonely corner of a lonely shelf at my local vape shop were all on sale for about 40% off!!!!! Needless to say I came home with an IGO-M original and a polished omega clone. Damnit, now I need a new flavor.
I actually wasn't going to buy anything today but ebay just refunded $40 for a Subtank nano I pre-ordered waaaaaay back when and apparently never made it outta the infamous Shenzen EMS. Jerks.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Too much stuff... Lol... How many of you guys have said "That's it.. I'm set."

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use DIYing Juice as an excuse to make hardware purchases. I know spending is spending, but I can't
help myself from using that cop out heheh. I also like to buy gear for family members. There is no buyers
guilt when you buy things as gifts. Another good excuse...there is a great deal more things I do not buy,
than things that I do. :D

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes! Speaking of buying hardware as gifts for family members as an excuse.....hehe...my younger brother has quite the collection, yet he has spent a fraction of what I have thus far. If everything I got starts to run out of space due to recent purchases I make the almost impossible decision to part with my least used hardware at the time, which magically opens up room for yet more!!! Ha!!

Well, I know I am somewhat out of control, but what's a vaper to do with all this new stuff coming out every day? Every time I think I have enough, there is something else I just have to get. Today I got my istick 50 watt, melo tank (that one is for my son) and my first ohm meter. Yesterday I got a vapor chaser tank and some juice. Just waiting for payday to preorder a kbox. Got almost all the stuff to start seriously building my own coils. I'm obsessed! But I know I'll never go back to the stinkies. Better to be obsessed than be smoking. Maybe that's rationalizing but it works for me!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I never feel like I have too many mods. I buy 1-2 authentics a month currently.

TOC5SFG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When is too much "too much?" Never! He/she who dies with the most toys wins!

- Tommy

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So evidently it seems luminescently clear there's absolutely no such thing as too much hardware......Ever! Sweet

NiChrobilt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I know I am somewhat out of control, but what's a vaper to do with all this new stuff coming out every day? Every time I think I have enough, there is something else I just have to get. Today I got my istick 50 watt, melo tank (that one is for my son) and my first ohm meter. Yesterday I got a vapor chaser tank and some juice. Just waiting for payday to preorder a kbox. Got almost all the stuff to start seriously building my own coils. I'm obsessed! But I know I'll never go back to the stinkies. Better to be obsessed than be smoking. Maybe that's rationalizing but it works for me!
That's pretty much exactly the way I view my excessive acquisition of vape hardware, new tech or designs or products comin out every damn day I feel like I just gots to have it!! And congrats on soon-be-making your own builds, I personally get into frenzy mode where I build and tear apart perfectly good coils just to try another way of building!! Haha it frequently can last hours at a time!!

TK Bisher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been vaping for a little over a year now and I admit, I may have a addiction. 12 mechs, 8 regulated mods, 25 tanks/drippers and a couple dozen batts. I turned this into a hobby and just enjoy the new tech that constantly comes out. But to each his own and as long as I pay my bills and keep food on the table, I'm not going to see it as a problem.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm more in a box mods now,I have 2 sigelei 150,boom box,3 pollux atty,little boy plus atty,dragon atty,Tesla v1 box,eleaf 20 (sold) 30,subtank,aqua v2,mutation v3, mutation XL v1...
I'm waiting for my
Cloupor mini,sigelei mini 30w
4 clone derringers and drip tips...
Thinking about buying the kbox but I will wait for V2!!
I SOLD all my old mech mods..
I actually have 2 brand new sls m16 26650 for sale $25 each..black and red! Pm me!
Is this too much? Nope!! Hahaha
VAPE ON

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes! Speaking of buying hardware as gifts for family members as an excuse.....hehe...my younger brother has quite the collection, yet he has spent a fraction of what I have thus far. If everything I got starts to run out of space due to recent purchases I make the almost impossible decision to part with my least used hardware at the time, which magically opens up room for yet more!!! Ha!!

I thought I was the only one using- "It's for - insert name - "....

Gifts for other Vapers are a great excuse lol

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm in super budgeted mode til we move in June, I think I've been driving my wife nuts because I always show her the new latest and greatest even though I know I can't buy it at the moment :D I've been developing quite a wish list and I'm sure by the time I have the $ to start checking things off it'll be even longer!

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Having just gotten into this a little heavier, it's hard for me to make a purchase lately because new stuff just keeps popping up- it seems like every time I'm ready to buy- I notice something new and just a little better

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no such thing as too much gear, IMHO....my GF's opinion is completely different as she often lets me know when looking at the ridiculous amount of gear I've accumulated and it just keeps growing and growing...

hv65n.jpg

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you put the benefits of your health into spoken word quite well. You're here with us and not buried six feet underground. How much gear is too much? That will vary from one person to the next. When I started out I bought every new toy on the market, which in retrospect was less than thrilling compared to the products available today. These days I try to keep it simple and focus on what I need and be grateful for having it. I pass on my gear to close friends trying to move onto a healthier smoke free lifestyle. It's humbling and deeply satisfying to make a difference in the lives of others. Welcome to the Underground:)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm in super budgeted mode til we move in June, I think I've been driving my wife nuts because I always show her the new latest and greatest even though I know I can't buy it at the moment :D I've been developing quite a wish list and I'm sure by the time I have the $ to start checking things off it'll be even longer!

JClose you eyes and believe in Santa Claus. If you treat her well she may come through the chimney with a big box and a nice orange ribbon to make your day.

VU Sponsors