Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://consumer.healthday.com/canc...ne-teen-vapes-others-often-follow-731178.html

I just skimmed this bullshit article because from the title i could tell it was going to be bullshit:

"When One Teen Vapes, Others Often Follow"???
Gee, you could say the same thing about every substance from cigarettes, beer, all the way up to ******.
It's fucking common sense.

So i'm reading about something that's totally obvious but they act like it's some kind of new breakthrough then at the end I catch some REALLY stupid shit:

"When you have no clear consensus among physicians about the safety of using electronic cigarettes in their adult patients, how can you expect young adults not to use it?" he added.

What in the fuck does a "consensus among physicians about the safety of using electronic cigarettes" have to do with expecting teens to do or not do something?

Teens are literally eating fucking tide pods and burning themselves with stove top burners ... for fun! Right now while i'm typing this!

A "consensus among physicians about the safety of using electronic cigarettes" doesn't matter one fucking bit when it comes to the teenage thought pattern. - 5150

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
These are the same brain trusts who used to make the observation to me that asthmatics shouldn't smoke. Thank you, captain obvious! But when asked for their brilliant insights on how to go about NOT smoking, not one had anything more useful to say than "Just quit.." Which is precisely why, until vaping, I never did, never could, and never would. Now they think this new tech that has delivered MILLIONS of us from the hell of bondage to cigarette addiction is BAD? Clearly they don't have a single useful idea in their imbecilic heads, and should go pick their noses in the corner and let adults be in charge.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
https://consumer.healthday.com/canc...ne-teen-vapes-others-often-follow-731178.html

I just skimmed this bullshit article because from the title i could tell it was going to be bullshit:

"When One Teen Vapes, Others Often Follow"???
Gee, you could say the same thing about every substance from cigarettes, beer, all the way up to ******.
It's fucking common sense.

So i'm reading about something that's totally obvious but they act like it's some kind of new breakthrough then at the end I catch some REALLY stupid shit:

"When you have no clear consensus among physicians about the safety of using electronic cigarettes in their adult patients, how can you expect young adults not to use it?" he added.

What in the fuck does a "consensus among physicians about the safety of using electronic cigarettes" have to do with expecting teens to do or not do something?

Teens are literally eating fucking tide pods and burning themselves with stove top burners ... for fun! Right now while i'm typing this!

A "consensus among physicians about the safety of using electronic cigarettes" doesn't matter one fucking bit when it comes to the teenage thought pattern. - 5150
Most of these so called "reporters or writers" should try a gig at Burger King, they may find their true calling.

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Oh. Em. Gee. Teens are giving in to peer pressure all of a sudden for the first time EVER because of the demon vape?

:::faints:::

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course other teens follow. to a teen only other teens have any brainz.
Adults are stupit.

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Well, at least it will keep them from smoking, or drinking, or doing drugs, or having sex, or saying bad words, or stuffing their mouths full of cinnamon or marshmallows, or taking and sending nude photos of themselves, or cyberbullying each other, or brushing their teeth with charcoal, or listening to that rock and roll music.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, at least it will keep them from smoking, or drinking, or doing drugs, or having sex, or saying bad words, or stuffing their mouths full of cinnamon or marshmallows, or taking and sending nude photos of themselves, or cyberbullying each other, or brushing their teeth with charcoal, or listening to that rock and roll music.

Or eating tide pods? :teehee:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey now that last item fits me!
:)
Death to Rap and pop though.
Ohh and Country & Western too :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey now that last item fits me!
:)
Death to Rap and pop though.
Ohh and Country & Western too :)

I always hated country music, when I was growing up. But when rap came along and started infiltrating R&R, suddenly country music didn't seem so bad... maybe because, unlike rap, it ACTUALLY IS music. Also, a lot of former R&R'ers started making country music that sounds a lot like "70's southern rock."

Andria

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Or eating tide pods? :teehee:

Andria

LOL no kidding. I was just talking to my 15-year-old daughter about that last night. I mean, you get the same popping sensation eating grapes - which is why I eat them half a pound at a time. Her answer was "But grapes don't give you the chemical burning sensation kids are looking for."

All in fun, of course. I count myself lucky because mine tends to be one of the sane teens about 85% of the time. We worked hard teaching her critical thinking skills and responsible google researching when she was young and it is paying off now when she comes to me saying she can't believe some of the insane things kids her age get up to, or asks if it is smart to try something before she does it - like the charcoal tooth brushing.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always hated country music, when I was growing up. But when rap came along and started infiltrating R&R, suddenly country music didn't seem so bad... maybe because, unlike rap, it ACTUALLY IS music. Also, a lot of former R&R'ers started making country music that sounds a lot like "70's southern rock."

Andria
Same with most of those I grew up with.
Getting older for them seemed to make C&W music better...
Did not work for me :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same with most of those I grew up with.
Getting older for them seemed to make C&W music better...
Did not work for me :)

I do think modern country music is a hell of a lot better than the shit from the 70s... country music is a "vernacular style" of music, and as such, should NEVER EVER have a full orchestral arrangement behind it! It just doesn't FIT!

I started off liking bluegrass and rockabilly... and now can stretch to most types of *actual* country music, at least enough to tolerate it if I'm in someone else's house or car. but none of that shit from the 70s/80s with goddamn STRINGS in the background!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL no kidding. I was just talking to my 15-year-old daughter about that last night. I mean, you get the same popping sensation eating grapes - which is why I eat them half a pound at a time. Her answer was "But grapes don't give you the chemical burning sensation kids are looking for."

All in fun, of course. I count myself lucky because mine tends to be one of the sane teens about 85% of the time. We worked hard teaching her critical thinking skills and responsible google researching when she was young and it is paying off now when she comes to me saying she can't believe some of the insane things kids her age get up to, or asks if it is smart to try something before she does it - like the charcoal tooth brushing.

I count myself very fortunate that my son graduated before smartphones became a permanent fixture in every teen's hand (2006). Cellphones were around, sure, but we couldn't afford one, so he got his internet at home, at my PC, under my supervision since the PC was right there in the kitchen with me (usually while I was fixing dinner, since that was the only time the PC was available to him!).

Andria

VU Sponsors