Become a Patron!

When setting up a new mod and tank

are there any specific things i need to be aware of? the reason i ask is the one i previously had my brother set up for me and gave it to me. i am sorry if this isnt the right place for my question but i am pretty good at messing stuff up so i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask, i bought a voopoo drag and a uwell crown 3 tank.

any tips are greatly appreciated.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just prime your coil with juice before you put it together and fill it up to guard against burning the coil right off the bat.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
are there any specific things i need to be aware of? the reason i ask is the one i previously had my brother set up for me and gave it to me. i am sorry if this isnt the right place for my question but i am pretty good at messing stuff up so i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask, i bought a voopoo drag and a uwell crown 3 tank.

any tips are greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum Nodnarbjones,

And you posted in the correct section.

As for your question, you have a regulated mod which has safety features but good batteries are always a must for vapers. For the tank, there are a lot you should learn such as priming a new coil before using, making sure all is sealed proper, the O rings are in place to prevent leaking issues, and making sure you have the air flow open.

Best to scroll around in the forum to lean some techniques, and tips.

Enjoy your vape, and the forum.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
First of all welcome to VU.
Just make sure your coils are setting correctly and you don't have to force them. Prime the coil as other have said, make sure everything lines up properly. And always start at lower power and work your way up.

edited..misread original post.

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
First of all welcome to VU.
Next, since you have a regulated mod, the worse that can happen is you waste a few inches of wire. Or get a "hot leg" from the leg not being tightened snuggly.. hot legs are easy to detect and fix. lol you detect them because they taste like a dry hit and cause the juice to brown right at the edge of the coil.. Just reposition the coil a little and tighten snugly to fix. Aside from that.. nothing to worry about.
as for coil building... have you ever straightened a paperclip and then wrapped it around your pencil? Well that's a coil. (I wouldnt use it for vaping.. but you get the idea)
He is using coil heads in a uwell crown 3 tank! NOT A RBA unless it comes with a RTA kit..

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Close airflow when filling the tank.

Use an external charger rather than a USB cable to charge. Much better for the life of the mod.

Batteries from Sony, Samsung, or LG, from a reputable seller...... not eBay or Amazon. For your setup, something in the 20-25 amp and 2500-3000 mah range. My preference is Sony VTC5A, but I use others that work fine too. Keep the batteries together as a married pair, for life.

Charger that stops charging when reaching 4.2 volts. Don't carry batteries loose, or in pocket with other metal items- get a plastic case.

Look up Mooch's blogs and posts- great source of info.

Finally, juice with extra sweetener will result in shorter coil longevity, and visa versa.

VistaVaporsInc

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Welcome to VU!

As far as advice goes, I've seen something small about this but it's super important to remember to ramp up the wattage on your device gradually after you install a new coil into the tank. First, begin by dripping some vape juice onto the wicking slots on the coil so they can get started saturated. Then, once you've installed the coil and squeezed some juice into the tank, you can let it sit for 5-10 minutes so it can fully saturate before you use it.

Start at a lower wattage, at a wattage lower than the recommended wattage on the coil, and increase at around 5W increments for a few drags until you reach a comfortable level. Between drags, give yourself a minute or so for the coil to wick some juice in order to avoid a dry hit. As long as you follow all of those steps, you should be all set and your coils will last longer!

Vape on!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to the vu!!

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also, be somewhat nearby when charging, and don't leave the mod in a hot car.

I think the Crown 3 has a min liquid line, to help prevent from coil getting dry.

Nice 2nd setup by the way, both Crown 3 and Drag. I often see those 2 paired up together.

VU Sponsors