Become a Patron!

WHEN THE LITTLE GUYS MAKE IT BIG!

Chuckjr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well am I the only one that has watched people start out small and make it BIG. Then when thay make the big time, The little guys are pushed aside.
I don't want to mention names cause im not like that. But I watched this company start from small begging for business than when Joe pimped them they hit it BIG. I mean really BIG.
When they run a 50 percent off sale and I miss it by hours contact them and they say call me tomarrow and ill make it right. I call them and leave messages to no avail. I was looking to spend 50 bucks on liquid.
To mee that's 3 hours of work. To them that is nothing. But when they were begging Joe to pimp them I bet they were worse of then I am. Hell when they first hit mod envy you had to call them and give credit card info on the phone! (I really it was out of his home cause I called and was concerned about giving him my C/C info).
Im in retail and I know one good customer = 5 more.
In the vape business it seems lately , Take the money and run while I can.
So the question is am I the only one that see's this going on?

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
The whole vaping "scene" has changed over the years. When I first started back in 09 it was a much smaller (obviously) but much more helpful community. Vendors were always looking to be involved and the whole PIF thing was in full effect. Like most things, a lot of that has turned to big business. Can't blame them, there is a ton of money to be made here. I remember when the top flight GG mods (back in the day these were the unicorn mods) were $200-$300 and people use to flame over the price. Now for "authentic" tubes that is the normal going rate. Heck one of the greatest mods ever made, and certainly a pioneer in the industry was $89 new!

When you ran into vapers, everyone was looking to share tips and help people out. I was talking to someone the other day who doesn't know how to build coils so goes to a "friend" who builds them (on a jig) for $5 a piece.

There are a lot of great people out there, but its different from times past. Old mom and pops have gotten big. Many with no idea how to handle the growth. Heck even with your example, Joe might get a tip about a small juice company. Post them on the site and their business can skyrocket before they even know what to do. It might not be deliberate, but at the same time getting a call from the owner might not be as realistic. It's a hard trade off, but I do hope the community scales back a bit

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree life can easily get away from us all. I recently orded from a site that states right o their site if youare looking for a quick order we arent for you, I have even heard about fhem closing their orders when they get clogged I guess if they were my all day gotta have it vape, I would either have to stock up or shutt up if I ran out! They have excellent juice but still havent found the strawberry banana I am looking for like my brick and mortar store orders and relabels. It would be great to save money since I pay close to 20 dollars for a 30 ml bottle, and find an online store that sold bigger volumes at lower per ml price. I wouldnt have to drive over an hour to get it, save money but the one thing that I would miss, knowing my name when I walk in ghe door, the owners, and the personal treatment they give me. Could they change if tbey hit big, but it may not be as much by choice as demand on their times, but lets face it all of us "little people" are good at something in life and it would be great if we could hit it bbig doing something we loved but everyday I am surw we would fall short in someones eyes, whether it be the family, friends, or yes even the customers.
I did see your other post and I wont mention names ecause yoh are bei g cool and not doi g that. Personally I am rather new to vapjng so I had never neard of this company. But if you didnt happen to see the other thrwad he did offer to exrend the olive branch and honor the sale for you, and apologized but I do see where you are going with this thread, and by not mentioning names (which I give you credit for), I dont necessarily think this thread was meant to be directed personally at anyone, but the only reason I mentioned it was because he is offering the salw, in case you didnt see that:)

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Please by the way, donnt take my post wrong, just letting you know in case you didnt see it. Not trying to bring up bad feelings or stir the pot

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread should be moved to the pit to go along with the other one chucky started about the same fucking story.... Seriously dude? Isn't one enough?

I agree. we saw your same greivances in your post a couple days ago, then the Vendor came right back at you and told the other side of the story....... Did you ever get that egg off your face ?

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You know the saying, if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen! I guess he just built a new kitchen! Seems like same heat is coming in here!

VU Sponsors