Become a Patron!

When vaping e-Liquid, does it leave a smell?

JoeyForte

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know it smells when you exhale it, but does it linger in the air or room for a while afterwards?

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My wife, who does not vape and has a sensitive sense of smell, says that vaping does smell but it lingers in the room for a very short time. I have purchased a HEPA filter air cleaner that I have next to my chair in the living room because I blow clouds. The missus wasn't too thrilled with massive clouds fogging the room. She also adds that the smell depends on what flavor I am vaping. Hope this helps Human!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
IME it depends on the flavors. If I have a bakery flavor going for a while, I can smell it in my living room the next morning when I wake up. I hear some tobaccos and chocolates can do that, as well. Honey. If you don't want a vapor trail, avoid honey.

Are you trying to avoid a boss, parents, school?

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You Humans should know, us Marylanders are so stupid in love with Old Bay and crabs that I wouldn't be surprised if somebody has already whupped up a batch of Crab Joose to vape. We've already got Flying Dog's "Dead Rise" Old Bay infused ale.....

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Depends on the flavor itself.
Some flavors can linger, others wont.

Cinnamon can linger a bit since it is often oil based.
Menthol can linger as well.

Pomegranate maybe, I know the *taste* will linger for a while in cotton. But I haven't used it enough to tell if it will linger in the air.

Some unconventional flavors (such as bacon, pizza, roast beef, hot dog, etc) have a warning that the smell will stick on furniture and clothing.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It leaves a delicious fragrance, unlike those stinky nasty disgusting tar sticks!!!

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still looking for that "hot dog flavored water and chocolate starfish" flavor I wonder if @HeadInClouds has one of these in the vault...

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Still looking for that "hot dog flavored water and chocolate starfish" flavor I wonder if @HeadInClouds has one of these in the vault...
Fast tech has hot dog flavor I know, not sure on the chocolate starfish tho lol. Ft has some juices that just sound awful, only for profeshunas.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chinese Hot Dogs mmmmm...

It took a month to get my last order (mail) so does that count as a month steep time as well??

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Frenchie Fries and Vinegar....smells terrible, tastes WAY too good..NOM NOM

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The natural flavor extracts tend to be neutral odor - even the tobaccos. My wife kicked me out of the house when I was testing the artificial flavors but let me back in with the natural extracts.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It does. I work in a hospital and I can tell when people vape because their belongs or clothes just have that burnt e liquid smell. No matter the flavor, it leaves a scent for those that can recognize it. Some people think it's air freshener if it the right flavor.

Last edited:

CloudQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've only gotten positive comments on the smell. Even my mother, who is an ex smoker and has a very sensitive nose, surprisingly liked the smell of the multiple flavors I've vaped around her. Sometimes I also smell it the next morning after waking up and it smells faint but awesome.

On a side note, I put Old Bay on pretty much everything and I'd love an Old Bay flavor even though it would probably make you puke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good name for a "premium" Old Bay crab joose BACKFIN

Run with it

HVPGH

Member For 4 Years
Last night from out of the blue my wife (who has been chewing nicotine gum for over 10 years since she quit smoking) calls to me from the other side of the house (hundreds of feet and walls,doors, ceiling fans, and bathroom exhaust fan in my office) and says the "vaping is getting to me"...really kinda pissed me off. I call foul! I was doing a new DIY (that is delicious) that had DX Bavarian cream and DX peanut butter in it ...(who knows?)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only vaped a couple that my husband said smelled bad, but I do recall going to a local shop last year where soon as I walked in the door it reeked. They had a sit-down testing bar and four or five local guys were hanging out, room full of clouds. They were all huffing something different and the combination did not make for a pleasant aroma. Still smelled better than cigarette smoke though.

HVPGH

Member For 4 Years
I've only vaped a couple that my husband said smelled bad, but I do recall going to a local shop last year where soon as I walked in the door it reeked. They had a sit-down testing bar and four or five local guys were hanging out, room full of clouds. They were all huffing something different and the combination did not make for a pleasant aroma. Still smelled better than cigarette smoke though.
I used to smoke in my office like a fiend and I know for a fact it stunk! When I had the A/C system checked annually, the techs used to tell me that they could smell the smoke on the coils of the condenser. My office does have a slight tinge of e-liquid now but a lot of it has to do with all the flavors and blending I am doing. - She'll get over it.... Reminds me of a really bad but funny joke :)

VU Sponsors