Become a Patron!

When was your last vape related "Oh F*#%" moment

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure we have all had one at some time or another.
So, last night I gave my Avocado 24 a clean and after fitting a nice fresh coil and wick I filled it as I normally would. Now I don't know whether this is because I had just oiled up all the rubber seals or because the fiddling around had overtightened the tank to my mod but when I attempted to unscrew the tank only the glass unscrewed and the base was still stuck on my mod.
We all know what happens next! A full 5ml tank of juice all over my lap, sofa, and carpet. It's amazing how such a small quantity of oil manages to get absolutely everywhere!
Why does this always happen when you are completely out of juice? I had to nip over to the nearest corner shop for some cheap, nasty liquid just to get me through the night.

When was your last vape related nightmare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm sure we have all had one at some time or another.
So, last night I gave my Avocado 24 a clean and after fitting a nice fresh coil and wick I filled it as I normally would. Now I don't know whether this is because I had just oiled up all the rubber seals or because the fiddling around had overtightened the tank to my mod but when I attempted to unscrew the tank only the glass unscrewed and the base was still stuck on my mod.
We all know what happens next! A full 5ml tank of juice all over my lap, sofa, and carpet. It's amazing how such a small quantity of oil manages to get absolutely everywhere!
Why does this always happen when you are completely out of juice? I had to nip over to the nearest corner shop for some cheap, nasty liquid just to get me through the night.

When was your last vape related nightmare?

I had a similar thing happen to me the other day -- I was rebuilding one of my attys and forgot to put the cap back on the RBA before putting the atty back together and my 5ml of eliquid poured out everywhere. I was quick to clean up the mess. Lesson learned!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday hooked up my Aster RT to the PC to check on doing something for a fellow member and screwing around I looked at doing a Logo change but didn't and when I unplugged the Aster and tried to fire it I had nothing! Would not even turn on upon hooking it back up to the PC noticed firmware version 0.00? Reinstalled the firmware using the update function and all fixed but it sure was a WTF moment!

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Couple Days Ago...Rebuilding. Dry burned coils. Ready to go. Forgot to trim off a coil lead. Had my atty on my coil master 521,. Started to remove the atty next thing I know the untrimmed end 26ga. SS 316 wire stuck right into the side of my right middle finger. It was a bloody experience. Quickly sprayed with antiseptic put a band aid on. Took quite a while before my finger stopped bleeding. Had to use multiple band aids.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
be careful when it gets stuck on like that, unknowingly it happened a few times and eventually the threads stripped not on the center pin but on the tank part it connects to :X

MV5

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I change atties quite often. Go from a sub ohm to an above ohm...forget to lower the wattage...and BOOM!...one burnt coil. Happens too often.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A while back I just finished mixing 100mls of tobac in a wire top jar. I got my masking tape label ready and when reaching for the sharpie I knocked over a mech I had standing nearby in turn hit the jar just right that it tipped and well......by the time I picked up the jar there was bout 30mls left and the rest flowing across my desk that soaked everything in its path. What a mess 70mls juice is.
Reminds me of the day we were driving to the city and my wife reached to the console for her IStick 100 and took a hit. She coughed, choked and almost puked, her istick somehow went from her 14 watts to the full 100 filling the car with burnt wick and I laughed(big mistake), she called me many names in amongst the choking. I now lock her hitter for my own safety sake.

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
A while back I just finished mixing 100mls of tobac in a wire top jar. I got my masking tape label ready and when reaching for the sharpie I knocked over a mech I had standing nearby in turn hit the jar just right that it tipped and well......by the time I picked up the jar there was bout 30mls left and the rest flowing across my desk that soaked everything in its path. What a mess 70mls juice is.
Reminds me of the day we were driving to the city and my wife reached to the console for her IStick 100 and took a hit. She coughed, choked and almost puked, her istick somehow went from her 14 watts to the full 100 filling the car with burnt wick and I laughed(big mistake), she called me many names in amongst the choking. I now lock her hitter for my own safety sake.

This is exactly why I don't make my own juice. I'm far to clumsy and manage to get even the smallest quantities of juice EVERYWHERE. 100ml in one batch is an accident waiting to happen in my hands.

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2 weeks ago i was filling up my tank and forgot the JFC was open. started spilling out of the air flow and all over the mod. lucky to catch it quick and crisis was averted

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
About a week ago, I was being lazy and building right on the mod. To be safe, I always click 5x to lock it when being lazy.

Well, I thought I had clicked 5x, but the Therion didn’t know anything about that. :rolleyes:

So I’m trying to get some SS ribbon coils aligned and I change my grip to steady things, and then...the searing pain...and the smell. :eek:

75w to my left index finger, FTMFL. It was only this dot of burn area, but the nerves were singing. And then I look and see that at the center, the skin has been...charred. :confused:

Just to see exactly what had happened, I gently poked at it with the curved tweezers I had at hand...and a tiny plug of burnt skin fell out, allowing me to see the pink, live skin underneath. :cry:

Cursed, dressed the wound, admonished myself for being careless, and took ibuprofen. :facepalm:

Ugh,
Ian

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
About a week ago, I was being lazy and building right on the mod. To be safe, I always click 5x to lock it when being lazy.

Well, I thought I had clicked 5x, but the Therion didn’t know anything about that. :rolleyes:

So I’m trying to get some SS ribbon coils aligned and I change my grip to steady things, and then...the searing pain...and the smell. :eek:

75w to my left index finger, FTMFL. It was only this dot of burn area, but the nerves were singing. And then I look and see that at the center, the skin has been...charred. :confused:

Just to see exactly what had happened, I gently poked at it with the curved tweezers I had at hand...and a tiny plug of burnt skin fell out, allowing me to see the pink, live skin underneath. :cry:

Cursed, dressed the wound, admonished myself for being careless, and took ibuprofen. :facepalm:

Ugh,
Ian
That sounds horrible. But it makes for a good story! :cheers:

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is exactly why I don't make my own juice. I'm far to clumsy and manage to get even the smallest quantities of juice EVERYWHERE. 100ml in one batch is an accident waiting to happen in my hands.

If I spilt 100mls of store bought juice, thats prolly 20+ bucks soaked into a rag or trying to pick up as much as I could to save and still would have lost plenty. I would have cried right after I finished kicking myself in the ass for being so clumsy. DIY juice it cost inside of a buck, no tears shed, no ass kicking and a Owell...what a dumb place to set a mech. The biggest loss to me in my spill was loosing the Nic that is plenty expensive in Canada. I have wasted way more than 100mls of juice and bucks buying commercial juices that were plain shit and ended up being PIF or thrown away.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
About an hour ago, when I was trying to help my son get an Alleria ready to vape, and ended up wasting about 3.5ml of juice ALLLLLLLLLLLL down one of my CF4-TC-18650s, cussed out the damn Alleria as I frantically cleaned up the mod, and told him to keep using the damn Kayfun because no atomizer should be that fucking complicated, as that damn Alleria.

Andria

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a similar thing happen to me the other day -- I was rebuilding one of my attys and forgot to put the cap back on the RBA before putting the atty back together and my 5ml of eliquid poured out everywhere. I was quick to clean up the mess. Lesson learned!
Was it the Subtank Mini? I still do that occasionally, even though I've been building that lil bastard for nearly 2 years LOL.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The subtank mini I have forgot several times to screw the top cap part onto the chimney. Set the bottom part into place, adjust the wicking inside to my liking then fill the tank and put together just to have gurgling and juice coming out the airflow...just dumbfuk idiocy that I blame on beers and brain farts. Not enough to be a WTF moment but just a plain stupid rookie mistake. No biggie loosin some mls of DIY but a commercial juice I woulda tried to save as much as I could cause it means I would have to make a mail order that many mls sooner.
Phuck I love DIY

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't quite have the wicking right on my ammit yesterday. Had just put new cotton in it and it was tasting off like it just wasn't wicking or something. Thought maybe for whatever reason I was just tasting the cotton as it broke in and thought 'oh, I know, I'll hit it hard and take a huge hit off it and help break it in, pull the juice up through the wicks'. Ha. I was wrong, it wasn't wicking well. Instead of sucking the juice into it all I got was a lung full of hot cotton. Bleh.

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Didn't quite have the wicking right on my ammit yesterday. Had just put new cotton in it and it was tasting off like it just wasn't wicking or something. Thought maybe for whatever reason I was just tasting the cotton as it broke in and thought 'oh, I know, I'll hit it hard and take a huge hit off it and help break it in, pull the juice up through the wicks'. Ha. I was wrong, it wasn't wicking well. Instead of sucking the juice into it all I got was a lung full of hot cotton. Bleh.

Lol, I have the Ammit 25 and it can be very unforgiving if wicked incorrectly. I was getting a lot of spitting and juice in my mouth but I learnt that the trick with this tank was to use more wick than I usually would so it fills the width of the juice wells but does not fill the entire depth. I fluff it up and cut it perfectly to the length so that it cannot be seen through the juice holes when built. This allows the juice to flow inside the holes rather than sit against them and ensures that the tips of the wick are always dipped in the juice. I close the juice holes half way and it's absolutely perfect.

Sent from my Apple Newton using Tapatalk

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ugh,
Ian
I had a similar whoops thought it was off...its wasnt...calluses on my fingers must be thick cause it didnt hurt much. Hate the smell of burning flesh!
40d6cd8246cbe527f67d54fdbbd43339.jpg

Then the next night i got a big drip of hot glue on me. Such a quandary you want to wipe it off quick but you know the flesh is gonna go with it. Now that one hurt!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I had a similar whoops thought it was off...its wasnt...calluses on my fingers must be thick cause it didnt hurt much. Hate the smell of burning flesh!
40d6cd8246cbe527f67d54fdbbd43339.jpg

Then the next night i got a big drip of hot glue on me. Such a quandary you want to wipe it off quick but you know the flesh is gonna go with it. Now that one hurt!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vaping really does seem to be a dangerous and painful hobby.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a 1 liter plastic bottle full of glycerin out of the freezer to refill a smaller bottle. Glycerin is very thick and syrupy at 0 degrees, so it wouldn't flow through the nozzle. I pressed harder on the bottle... and harder... and harder... until the nozzle popped out and half a liter of glycerin ended up on the floor.

As the saying goes: I vape, therefore I wipe :)

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was at FEAST VIII, my girlfriend wasn't feeling well so she took off to go home, I went to reach in my pocket for my carry along juice bottle - forgot it in the car. Luckily she was nice enough to bring it to me.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I went to my truck to vape, forgot to leave the pharoah cracked so it could feed the coil while it sat. I have it stored with ice packs but at over 110 outside it is hot in truck.

I got the best dry cotton hit. Mmmmmm good. It really made next hit so so good.

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So I just tried to completely disassemble my avocado 24 but as I've never needed to remove the glass tube before it was stuck fast.
After a little research it seemed like this was a common problem with this tank when removing the glass for the first time and that the most successful method to remove it was pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
So I slid open my freezer drawer, laid my avocado on top of some frozen peas and slid the draw closed. I then tried to close the door of my fridge freezer but it wouldn't close. I figured that I may not of closed the freezer drawer all the way so I tried to close it again, a little harder this time. When this didn't work I slid the drawer open and to my horror it was the avocado that was blocking the drawer.
I removed it and immediately saw that the glass had cracked around the impact point and a small chunk had fell free.
Luckily I had a spare tube but the damn glass still would not budge and I could no longer grip properly for fear of cutting my fingers on the glass.
I decided to do the only thing I could think of, continue to break the glass until there was nothing left. This eventually worked but I did not realise how damn strong that glass was until I intentionally tried to break it.
I fitted my new tube, not forgetting to heavily lubricate the seals and now it's back to its former glory and is super easy to remove whenever I want.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I just tried to completely disassemble my avocado 24 but as I've never needed to remove the glass tube before it was stuck fast.
After a little research it seemed like this was a common problem with this tank when removing the glass for the first time and that the most successful method to remove it was pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
So I slid open my freezer drawer, laid my avocado on top of some frozen peas and slid the draw closed. I then tried to close the door of my fridge freezer but it wouldn't close. I figured that I may not of closed the freezer drawer all the way so I tried to close it again, a little harder this time. When this didn't work I slid the drawer open and to my horror it was the avocado that was blocking the drawer.
I removed it and immediately saw that the glass had cracked around the impact point and a small chunk had fell free.
Luckily I had a spare tube but the damn glass still would not budge and I could no longer grip properly for fear of cutting my fingers on the glass.
I decided to do the only thing I could think of, continue to break the glass until there was nothing left. This eventually worked but I did not realise how damn strong that glass was until I intentionally tried to break it.
I fitted my new tube, not forgetting to heavily lubricate the seals and now it's back to its former glory and is super easy to remove whenever I want.

That is definitely a horror-story but I'm glad that it has a happy ending.:)

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That is definitely a horror-story but I'm glad that it has a happy ending.:)

Yea me too. Those damn tubes are a nightmare to remove from those Avovado's for the first time. After that though its plain sailing.

mrmoodz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Removing the batteries out of my Aleader Funky 160w. The negative contacts are hook shaped, kind of like wall hangers. Snagged and poked holes in battery wraps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The negative contacts are hook shaped, kind of like wall hangers. Snagged and poked holes in battery wraps.

I have a couple DNA30 aluminum box mods I bought late 2015 and been using 1 of them for over a year and half and it still likes to rip the top of the wrap taking the battery out. I have to stick a piece of plastic between the battery and contact to get it out without damage, cause I'm not too fond of using the port to charge in any hitter. Its just the way it goes now but after all this time the sled still holds the battery very tight. Now that I have wraps, ripping a battery isn't a big deal. The 2nd box has only seen a batt to check if it worked, vaped a few times then put away.

dinocore

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
about 2 weeks ago, I bought the Smok gx 2/4, a week later, I dumbly put a battery with a messed up battery wrap in it... as soon as it made a connection it started smoking so i ripped the batteries out... the plastic on the mod melted over the battery and over where the battery connects, I tried to scrape it off, but to no success, it was a dead soldier :/ Had to buy a whole new mod lol.

MyVapeShop_SA

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, I have the Ammit 25 and it can be very unforgiving if wicked incorrectly. I was getting a lot of spitting and juice in my mouth but I learnt that the trick with this tank was to use more wick than I usually would so it fills the width of the juice wells but does not fill the entire depth. I fluff it up and cut it perfectly to the length so that it cannot be seen through the juice holes when built. This allows the juice to flow inside the holes rather than sit against them and ensures that the tips of the wick are always dipped in the juice. I close the juice holes half way and it's absolutely perfect.

I have the V2 Dual as well and its leaking quite badly! Do you mean when you cut your wick it doesn't sit over the juice holes as in its above them?
This is possibly my problem - see attached image...

Attachments

• IMG_8854.JPG
    IMG_8854.JPG
    773.1 KB · Views: 16

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was quite a long time ago now, but a scary one.

I had been using a Noisy cricket, which as we know is a series mech. I decided to use my Abaddon, which is a dual parallel mech, which is very similar in shape to the NC.
I have some memory problems, and where I had been using the cricket I put the batteries in series. As soon as I put the door on and screwed the contacts down, I felt the mod heating up- very, very fast.

Luckily I could still get the door off, and my bedroom window was open, so I threw it out of the window. About an hour later I went to the mod, and the batteries had got so hot the wrappers had started to melt. They hadn't actually vented though, but I threw them away as they must of got extremely hot to melt the wrapper.

After this, I am even more careful than I was with batteries in the past. One mistake and things can go wrong very quickly.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was just taking the batteries out of my XCube Ultra to put in my external charger and I couldn't get one of the batteries out and when I finally did, a portion of the top of the wrapper ripped a little. I decided to play it safe and not use it until I re-wrap it (I don't have a wrap currently, unfortunately).

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Re juicing before I went into the store.didnt put the top cap back on and realized it real quick .dumbass move. Need to pay more attention.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been a week or two but every now and then I forget to drain the deck and/or close the AFC on one of my many boreas tanks in rotation and end up covering my mod in juice. :oops:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This morning. Hanging out in the back yard, watching the dog play. Didn't realize how low my tank was, heard the >pop!< , then felt the pop in the back of my throat. Hot juice hurt, lol.

Yeah, yeah, I know there's a bad joke in there. Sh' up. :D

Markcyril

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pretty much every time I drip.

I always somehow flood my rda and that searing hot juice would just creep down from the side air flow to the web of my right hand (I'm vaping on a tube mech at around 100ish watts)

Already had 3 boils from those friggin hot mess

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I was just taking the batteries out of my XCube Ultra to put in my external charger and I couldn't get one of the batteries out and when I finally did, a portion of the top of the wrapper ripped a little. I decided to play it safe and not use it until I re-wrap it (I don't have a wrap currently, unfortunately).
PM sent...

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Aside from many similar occurrences... I had a dual Mosfet brand new custom series box made, nice mod, but the switch shorted and failed within 15 minutes. Welded shut autofiring at a full 8.4V charge, I ripped my batteries out so fast, and pulled the atty. Then it proceeded to fry the mosfets and stink up my whole basement for quite a while. It was fixed for free and upgraded. Simply an issue of a mechanical switch, and a failure causing it to short, arc, and weld with the circuit complete. Scared the shit out of me. All was fine though... my most recent... after long enough, even if you're careful something is bound to happen.

Knowledge is power!

VU Sponsors