Become a Patron!

When YOUR own ads, destroy your arguement

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's almost comical how much they try and slander the entire vapor industry. They neglect to inform that Improper use is the main reason for this happening.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think they should post the same message with cell phones in place of ecigs.

image.jpg

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It really is quite amazing how low the anti-vape propagandists will stoop. This is worse than Removed madness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What I think is fucked up is that cigarettes have way more harmful chemicals than ejuice but yet because they've been around for so long and have warning labels, they're allowed to stay in the market. Wtf?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I think is fucked up is that cigarettes have way more harmful chemicals than ejuice but yet because they've been around for so long and have warning labels, they're allowed to stay in the market. Wtf?

Yup. And don't forget all the money that's made off cigs by governments, BP and BT. With the rate at which ecigs are growing every year, big profits are at risk.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alcohol is also a major contributing factor to diseases, road death and domestic violence...

MySaladDays

Member For 4 Years
I think they should post the same message with cell phones in place of ecigs.

They do.

I see these kinds of stories all the time on the TV news. And on internet news.

I guess I am missing your point

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i....0..0.0....0...1c.1.64.img..4.0.0.B3YTsjDgntY

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i...0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.img..0.0.0.f9QqYla8zrY

hundreds and hundreds of photos of damaged apartments, bedrooms, flooring, house fires, etc.

these articles have been ongoing since cell phones started being widespread. Before that it was laptop batteries. Before that it was high powered flashlight batteries.

ecigs are just the newest "entrant" into the group of "things that run on batteries" and so that is why you will start seeing more articles about THESE batteries.

MySaladDays

Member For 4 Years

If they were just coming out NOW, they wouldn't be allowed....at all.

The climate today is very different from that of 30-40 years ago. I will address this in another post.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If they were just coming out NOW, they wouldn't be allowed....at all.

The climate today is very different from that of 30-40 years ago. I will address this in another post.
Not really getting my point, I don't think. I've said this before, in other posts. Cigarettes are not being subjected to the same regulations as what are being proposed for e-cigs, and it seems highly unfair to me. Cigarette manufacturers are not being required to undergo the kind of scrutiny that e-cigarette may have to.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not really getting my point, I don't think. I've said this before, in other posts. Cigarettes are not being subjected to the same regulations as what are being proposed for e-cigs, and it seems highly unfair to me. Cigarette manufacturers are not being required to undergo the kind of scrutiny that e-cigarette may have to.
They go through far, far stricter regulatory procedures. There's a reason there aren't any small, independent manufacturers of cigarettes in the US...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They go through far, far stricter regulatory procedures. There's a reason there aren't any small, independent manufacturers of cigarettes in the US...
Obviously cigarettes don't undergo enough regulatory procedures because they still have between 2k and 7k poisonous and addictive chemicals in them. Ejuice has 4 ingredients. Any regulation placed on vaping beyond requiring warning labels and instructions for battery safety will be highly unbalanced compared to what is allowed in cigarettes.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Obviously cigarettes don't undergo enough regulatory procedures because they still have between 2k and 7k poisonous and addictive chemicals in them. Ejuice has 4 ingredients. Any regulation placed on vaping beyond requiring warning labels and instructions for battery safety will be highly unbalanced compared to what is allowed in cigarettes.
How many chemicals are in e-liquid? Cigarettes only have 6 or so ingredients also...

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alcohol is also a major contributing factor to diseases, road death and domestic violence...

Unlike the unwashed masses. I know that college students are 10x more likely to die an alcohol related death, than being shot with a gun on campus.

Female students, are 5x more likely to be sexually assaulted by a teacher, than becoming victims of gun violence on campus.

But our media never let facts get in the way of a good story/agenda.

So vaping will always be bad.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not trying to be a dick, but I'm not gonna sit here and debate about it. It's widely known how many chemicals are in cigarettes and the amount of tar and other toxins they produce when burned. Everyone who vapes knows that ejuice does not have as many harmful chemicals as cigarettes do, otherwise we'd all be smoking lol. Therefore, if strict regulations are placed on vaping, it will be highly unbalanced compared to what is in cigarettes. It's not an argument, its a point of fact and I'm not going to have an argument about it.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do You think they cared when they put a fire prevention chemicals in cigs....and nothing was said to the Public....

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlike the unwashed masses. I know that college students are 10x more likely to die an alcohol related death, than being shot with a gun on campus.

Female students, are 5x more likely to be sexually assaulted by a teacher, than becoming victims of gun violence on campus.

But our media never let facts get in the way of a good story/agenda.

So vaping will always be bad.
I had this same discussion once with someone from the UK who called for banning firearms in the US in order for the country to be safer. I suggested banning alcohol in the UK would make the UK safer. He didn't like that idea...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do You think they cared when they put a fire prevention chemicals in cigs....and nothing was said to the Public....
Exactly my point. The paper used to make cigarettes is coated with a fire retardant. But people think it's OK to let the cigarette industry get away with what they do while they want to take complete control over vaping.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not trying to be a dick, but I'm not gonna sit here and debate about it. It's widely known how many chemicals are in cigarettes and the amount of tar and other toxins they produce when burned. Everyone who vapes knows that ejuice does not have as many harmful chemicals as cigarettes do, otherwise we'd all be smoking lol. Therefore, if strict regulations are placed on vaping, it will be highly unbalanced compared to what is in cigarettes. It's not an argument, its a point of fact and I'm not going to have an argument about it.
Not all chemicals are bad. It is the dose which makes the difference. There was a German study concerning bottled water which found 24000 chemicals in the water...
Combustion is where many of the issues arise...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Exactly my point. The paper used to make cigarettes is coated with a fire retardant. But people think it's OK to let the cigarette industry get away with what they do while they want to take complete control over vaping.
The fire retardant was mandated by the government...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cigarettes should only be made with 100% natural tobacco, absolutely no additive should be allowed. Then it would be fair to regulate the vaping industry.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cigarettes should only be made with 100% natural tobacco, absolutely no additive should be allowed. Then it would be fair to regulate the vaping industry.
By that same standard flavors would not be allowed in e-liquid...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
By that same standard flavors would not be allowed in e-liquid...
Let's start with the worse of two evils and move from there instead of the other way around. That's my point in all this. And it's not something I'm likely to change my mind about.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And that makes it ok to smoke it? Or use it in the manufacturing process?
I'm sure it may contribute to cancer, but after so many people died from falling asleep while smoking in bed, the government required the additive. It isn't used in cigarettes made in CR, as it isn't mandated and cigarette manufacturers are all about saving on manufacturing costs...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had this same discussion once with someone from the UK who called for banning firearms in the US in order for the country to be safer. I suggested banning alcohol in the UK would make the UK safer. He didn't like that idea...

Next time show him this, and ask him how many of these countries consider owning a gun a criminal offense.

image.jpg

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure it may contribute to cancer, but after so many people died from falling asleep while smoking in bed, the government required the additive. It isn't used in cigarettes made in CR, as it isn't mandated and cigarette manufacturers are all about saving on manufacturing costs...
Cigarettes made in CR have no bearing on vaping regulations in the US. I know that you can see my point, and you are purposely being obtuse about it. That's cool and all, but I'm not going to keep going round about it with you. I made my point and I have nothing else to add to this discussion. Have a good night buddy.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cigarettes made in CR have no bearing on vaping regulations in the US. I know that you can see my point, and you are purposely being obtuse about it. That's cool and all, but I'm not going to keep going round about it with you. I made my point and I have nothing else to add to this discussion. Have a good night buddy.
Cigarette regulations have no bearing concerning e-liquid regulations, either. Cigarettes have been around as long as the country and would never meet today's regulatory standards as a new product...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really it's kinda sad when someone needs to keep going back and forth about someone else's opinion. I have my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. It does not require your approval or agreement. 'Nuff said.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cigarette regulations have no bearing concerning e-liquid regulations, either. Cigarettes have been around as long as the country and would never meet today's regulatory standards as a new product...
Well then, cigarettes shouldn't be around at all. Between cigarettes and vaping, cigarettes are the worse of two evils by far. They should be banned before any regulations are allowed to be placed on vaping. I am not concerned with whether or not you think one has anything to do with the other. To me, it does and my opinion is not going to change. I can't be any clearer about it, nor do I wish to be. That's it. I'm not gonna go back and forth about it all night. You are free to disagree all you like, but you're not going to change my mind.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean it's OK for it to stay on the market when it kills people. 13,000 people A DAY die from cigarette smoke. How many people die from vaping every day? I don't mean from stupidity like exploding a battery or ingesting ejuice. I mean from inhaling it. This is a rhetorical reply.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perhaps the federal government should take a close look at alcohol and consider prohibition. It is far more dangerous and leads to far more problems than vaping.
I don't think the federal government should ban anything, just set certain standards- like with just about any other industry...

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They do.

I see these kinds of stories all the time on the TV news. And on internet news.

I guess I am missing your point

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i....0..0.0....0...1c.1.64.img..4.0.0.B3YTsjDgntY

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i...0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.img..0.0.0.f9QqYla8zrY

hundreds and hundreds of photos of damaged apartments, bedrooms, flooring, house fires, etc.

these articles have been ongoing since cell phones started being widespread. Before that it was laptop batteries. Before that it was high powered flashlight batteries.

ecigs are just the newest "entrant" into the group of "things that run on batteries" and so that is why you will start seeing more articles about THESE batteries.

Yes, you are missing the point. The OP did not post an article. The OP posted a picture of a poster stating that if coworkers had an ecig it was putting everyone in danger. I have never seen a like poster stating that if a coworker brought a cell phone to work it was putting everyone in danger.

The poster in the pic was not a warning about batteries in general. The poster was a warning about ecig batteries and ignored the same danger that cell phone batteries pose.

It has nothing to do with articles.

Last edited:

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1 patient death? I am aware of of one toddler that got into a bottle of nic base with a missing cap
but, that's all.
Mike

VU Sponsors