Become a Patron!

Where can I source authentic VTC 5 or next best battery.

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
And to make matters worse you have some battery wrappers stating pulse rating instead of continuous. Efest and Vamped are two that come to mind. The 35A Efest is 20A continuous/35A pulse. Vamped is 20A/40A pulse from what I've read in the spec sheets on the two.

Delivered by carrier pigeon.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And to make matters worse you have some battery wrappers stating pulse rating instead of continuous. Efest and Vamped are two that come to mind. The 35A Efest is 20A continuous/35A pulse. Vamped is 20A/40A pulse from what I've read in the spec sheets on the two.

LG HE2 also 20A cont 35A pulse

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Do you take 60 second drags from your mechanical mod?? If not, your always using pulse anyways.....

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pulse. Is great for something you remove the battery from. I know you said you said you don't pocket you mod, some people do some don't.
accidents can still happen though... I've had my auto fire and I haste sat it down to handle an urgent matter. Luckily no harm was done but things can still happen.
All that said, I often go into the pulse range of a battery

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pulse. Is great for something you remove the battery from. I know you said you said you don't pocket you mod, some people do some don't.
accidents can still happen though... I've had my auto fire and I haste sat it down to handle an urgent matter. Luckily no harm was done but things can still happen.
All that said, I often go into the pulse range of a battery
um...mods that have internal batteries that are not removable, all use pulse....some people drink and drive, some people clean their guns while drunk, does not mean i have to support their stupidity. I do agree however, sometimes things happen, that's why they are called accidents.
Screenshot_2014-12-09-21-14-29.png

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
um...mods that have internal batteries that are not removable, all use pulse....some people drink and drive, some people clean their guns while drunk, does not mean i have to support their stupidity. I do agree however, sometimes things happen, that's why they are called accidents.
View attachment 10107
I just mean, I use pulse rating (usually cloud chasing), but remove the battery after my session.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good call Curly, I never leave my battery in when not in use either.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Received confirmation today that the seller of those "VTC5s" are "NOT sony".

:( DAMN
Ebay strikes again.
Rumor is, if I recall correctly (there might be a thread floating around about them), the MXJO 35's are LG's, no confirmation.

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
a sony rep was on one of the vape shows and said that they built a new battery factory in the Philippines and that they are almost back to full production, once they are, they intend on selling enough for our industry, they even plan on working with us to develop more batteries intended for us solely.
I really hope the supply will bring the prices down. As of now, I can't find a trustworthy source that actually sells it at a decent price that's worth it's peformance. If we're lucky the supply would be enough to get the batteries around $15 or lower. :)

pdxjlb

Member For 4 Years
Received this email from PlanetOfTheVAPES this morning referencing a UK store testing a bulk supply they had recieved in November, and are recalling them to those in the area. Too bad no one in States is doing a recall like this, at least that I've known of. It would be a very accountable thing for someone in the US to do though, considering how these cells are used.

This is the link to the Planet of the Vapes article:
http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/n...tm_source=nl&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=vtc

o_O

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really hope the supply will bring the prices down. As of now, I can't find a trustworthy source that actually sells it at a decent price that's worth it's peformance. If we're lucky the supply would be enough to get the batteries around $15 or lower. :)
$15!?:confused: I'd like to see them for around $8 like they were before the shortage! You can still find VTC4s for around $8.

Last edited:

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What say this group of viewers about MXJO IMR 18650 "2500mAh 35A" cells?
I believe them to be re-wrapped LG HE2's, same as purple EFEST 35A. They have identical specs, chemistry and performance tests.

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
$15!?:confused: I'd like to see them for around $8 like they were before the shortage! You can still find VTC4s for around $8.

That would even be better. :)

Cori

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to see an updated test of the current battery selection, like the ones on kidney puncher but with all the current stuff. 38 and 40 amp imrens, the 25r, LG HE2, MXJOs, everything and anything. So we can finally settle the current battery debate. Also I got the CF Sub ohm from aspire and it's a 40 amp rated battery but i'm not sure what type of battery it is but it chucks some clouds with a RDA atop it.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think this kinda took a left turn....someone was looking for batteries and the conversation turned left at albuquerque and has spun into a fanboy argument that is starting to rival "who shot first...Han or Greeto?" we all know in our hearts it was Han, but Lucas had to screw it up and remake it anyways. Anyways...I guess I should post something battery related.....

ALL battery makers seem kinda shady on posting their true specs which is kinda scary if you think about it....if Sony's are 30 amp then great, if they aren't, then we need to know so we don't hurt ourselves. So far, the evidence favors they are 30amp batteries so that's what I'm going to go with until we have more solid evidence.

I see a lot of people rag on Sonys, I see a lot of people rag on Efest, and little quips here and there about the others.

But since you played the fanboy card I think that if any battery has a "fanboy" status it would be the Samsung 20R. When I started using them over a year ago I couldn't find them on vaping store sites anywhere...had to get them from flashlight and ebay stores and luckily all the ones I got off ebay have been real. now the vtc's are drying up I see them everywhere

I don't own any Efest do to my "fanboy" preferences if you want to call it that but I'd take a real Efest over a fake Sony. I'll take safety over shiney any day of the week

The poor guy just want's to find a green battery that says "VTC" on it that isn't fake....I say we put our fanboy preferences aside and help the poor boy find his way :D

http://www.vapordna.com/Sony-VTC3-18650-30A-Continuous-Discharge-Battery-p/ac0029.htm

I bought a three pack of VTC 3's from these guys as well as VTC 4's from Lightening Vapes recently....when I compared them with my older authentic batteries they all are as legit as I think it gets. Happy Hunting and happy Vaping!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think this kinda took a left turn....someone was looking for batteries and the conversation turned left at albuquerque and has spun into a fanboy argument that is starting to rival "who shot first...Han or Greeto?" we all know in our hearts it was Han, but Lucas had to screw it up and remake it anyways. Anyways...I guess I should post something battery related.....

ALL battery makers seem kinda shady on posting their true specs which is kinda scary if you think about it....if Sony's are 30 amp then great, if they aren't, then we need to know so we don't hurt ourselves. So far, the evidence favors they are 30amp batteries so that's what I'm going to go with until we have more solid evidence.

I see a lot of people rag on Sonys, I see a lot of people rag on Efest, and little quips here and there about the others.

But since you played the fanboy card I think that if any battery has a "fanboy" status it would be the Samsung 20R. When I started using them over a year ago I couldn't find them on vaping store sites anywhere...had to get them from flashlight and ebay stores and luckily all the ones I got off ebay have been real. now the vtc's are drying up I see them everywhere

I don't own any Efest do to my "fanboy" preferences if you want to call it that but I'd take a real Efest over a fake Sony. I'll take safety over shiney any day of the week

The poor guy just want's to find a green battery that says "VTC" on it that isn't fake....I say we put our fanboy preferences aside and help the poor boy find his way :D

http://www.vapordna.com/Sony-VTC3-18650-30A-Continuous-Discharge-Battery-p/ac0029.htm

I bought a three pack of VTC 3's from these guys as well as VTC 4's from Lightening Vapes recently....when I compared them with my older authentic batteries they all are as legit as I think it gets. Happy Hunting and happy Vaping!
Yup, there were some good sites posted, before this thread got trolled. Got 4 VTC4's from lightning vapes free shipping and 20% off (LV20)! Got them 2 days ago, they are legit. Paid $7.90 a cell shipped.

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for bringing it back on topic Madmonkey, but I already ordered my VTC4's from lightning vapes. I'm just a bit concerned as I didn't get a tracking number. I did see some people who successfully ordered from the site, so that gave me some comfort. I'll chime back in once I get my order... Thanks again for people who responded and made my life a little bit easier. Cheers!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got at least half a dozen orders (probably more) from LV...you shouldn't have any problems from them getting your stuff. Happy Vaping!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's where I get my wire so I've had a few order's with them as well. I've had a tracking number with all of them.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It'd coming LV is a great vendor! Don't worry about it! They are closed Saturday and no shipping Sunday. LV is a trustworthy vendor. Just got my 25r 2 pack for $13 shipped

MasterofNone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How are you telling whether your vtc5 s are fake? I took the bait and went with joes 4 pack deal on eBay now I feel like maybe I shouldn't have? First time buying eBay batteries

Here's one of them

ea9cfcda49c5600db248f815e17bac31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How are you telling whether your vtc5 s are fake? I took the bait and went with joes 4 pack deal on eBay now I feel like maybe I shouldn't have? First time buying eBay batteries

Here's one of them

ea9cfcda49c5600db248f815e17bac31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much were they? If you got them at a bargain, I would say you got duped.

Anyways, I also got seduced to buy a pair of yellow MXJO, the store that I bought them from say that he recommend me buying those instead of some purple efest I was trying to buy from their counter.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors