Become a Patron!

Where did I go wrong?

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got an authentic mutation x v4 (still for those who have seen me before) with th3 clear extension on it without a drip tip. Running it with dual twisted 24 gauge kanthal (2 strands) ohms out to 0.22. I can take a 5 second lung pull (somewhere around there) and it blows clouds but... They loose their density almost instantly. I run it at about 80 watts on my limited edition snow wolf. My juice is 90% vg mix it myself.

So my question is if it's my breathing technique or my rda? Is it the extension or the lack of a drip tip? If it's the drip tip should I go stock or buy one?

I feel like I have all the puzzle pieces except one and it's driving me nuts.

Sent from my dos terminal.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
841d9516cfe4cb4abfa1c14d7cb48e62.jpg
first of all I I would try using a drip tip right off the bat and see if that helps, lol This is
5 wraps on a 3mm bit dual parallel 24g .22 ohm build in the Dark Horse for good clouds seen here
a84693ff06bb1f35584cfaaa5eaf6a8a.jpg
Running 75w on my IPV3 it blows good clouds and awesome flavor with 100% VG and 3mgs of nicotine..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The wide bore mutation tip is still a drip tip, personally I would not call it a wide bore.

That could be some of the issue.
Next while the airflow goes from nothing to as easy and breathing I find it does not really hit hit the coils correctly to get man portable weather systems.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll get this sometimes, itll be the same build, mod ect and sometimes they just don't stick around. The only thing different is my breathing.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The wide bore mutation tip is still a drip tip, personally I would not call it a wide bore.

That could be some of the issue.
Next while the airflow goes from nothing to as easy and breathing I find it does not really hit hit the coils correctly to get man portable weather systems.
I've got it hitting the coils perfectly even though I plugged the bottom air flow on it. I'll just have to hunt my drip tip down.

I was using it but stopped due to being unable to pull very well from it. Maybe I should buy one instead...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got it hitting the coils perfectly even though I plugged the bottom air flow on it. I'll just have to hunt my drip tip down.

I was using it but stopped due to being unable to pull very well from it. Maybe I should buy one instead...

I passed mine to a non cloud chaser newish vaper.
I kind of miss it tho but then again I don't.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anybody have any idea on how to increase vapor density? Maybe parallel coils instead of twisted?

CoilBuldin'CloudChaser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anybody have any idea on how to increase vapor density? Maybe parallel coils instead of twisted?

It's so much more than just your coil man. Airflow, coil build, juice, wattage, surface area. I can't seem to find a simple build that rips. I use dual fused claptons mostly. But I'll break it all down to see if I can help.
Airflow: open it all the way if you're vaping above 80 Watts, it'll help with the warmth tremendously. Don't close it off more than 1/4th of the way any other time if you're trying to chuck clouds.

Coil Build: If you can build claptons I recommend those tremendously. If not try for a staged heating coil. Basic concept is a parallel build but one of your wires is higher gauge so it causes one wire to heat up faster than the other. If you have ribbon wire build a tiger coil, just twist a piece of the ribbon wire with a regular piece of resistance wire. Great for flavor.

Juice: stick to high VG low PG ratio juice.

Wattage: This also depends on your build, I always vape between 60-160 watts. It's all dependent on your build and your ohms.

Surface area: This is dependent on the build because I've built some 3-4 wrap builds that were chucking just as much as some other builds covering a large area such as a quad parallel coil.

Hope this helps, I'll show pics of some builds that chucked it for me.

uploadfromtaptalk1447856599535.jpg

Keep Calm Vape On! ☁☁

Red73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't use drip tips on my Mutations. Check to make sure your screws didn't back off a bit. That happens with multiple wire coils after a few pulses. My Mutations have flown against a wall or 2 when they do that and I'm in a pissy mood without a driver handy.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's so much more than just your coil man. Airflow, coil build, juice, wattage, surface area. I can't seem to find a simple build that rips. I use dual fused claptons mostly. But I'll break it all down to see if I can help.
Airflow: open it all the way if you're vaping above 80 Watts, it'll help with the warmth tremendously. Don't close it off more than 1/4th of the way any other time if you're trying to chuck clouds.

Coil Build: If you can build claptons I recommend those tremendously. If not try for a staged heating coil. Basic concept is a parallel build but one of your wires is higher gauge so it causes one wire to heat up faster than the other. If you have ribbon wire build a tiger coil, just twist a piece of the ribbon wire with a regular piece of resistance wire. Great for flavor.

Juice: stick to high VG low PG ratio juice.

Wattage: This also depends on your build, I always vape between 60-160 watts. It's all dependent on your build and your ohms.

Surface area: This is dependent on the build because I've built some 3-4 wrap builds that were chucking just as much as some other builds covering a large area such as a quad parallel coil.

Hope this helps, I'll show pics of some builds that chucked it for me.

View attachment 33983

Keep Calm Vape On!

So all of this is stuff that I knew but I appreciate the help. The only thing I don't know about are claptons. I have the wire to make some but I'm hesitating since I've heard they just improve flavor.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So all of this is stuff that I knew but I appreciate the help. The only thing I don't know about are claptons. I have the wire to make some but I'm hesitating since I've heard they just improve flavor.

Technically if you have the power the surface area huge compared to regular parallels and since the coils themselves hold juice it wicks faster. The only thing is on a mech they won't heat up unless you build real low. It's definitely a denser vape, I've got .12 ohm fused 26g/36g claptons staged with 26g on my parallel box right now and it'll blow 8ft clouds no problem.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Technically if you have the power the surface area huge compared to regular parallels and since the coils themselves hold juice it wicks faster. The only thing is on a mech they won't heat up unless you build real low. It's definitely a denser vape, I've got .12 ohm fused 26g/36g claptons staged with 26g on my parallel box right now and it'll blow 8ft clouds no problem.

I understand that they have more surface area and surface area = more vapor (in some cases only). I just kept hearing they were just better for flavor, never heard anything about their cloud capabilities.

I run on a regulated limited edition snow wolf (200 watts) so I should be able to handle it. My only mech mod I deemed unsafe due to design flaws and retired it to the nightstand drawer of other useless/outdated electronics.

Only problem I have is I don't have any nichrome and no B&M in my area carries it. Maybe I'll just do an all kanthal one unless that's a bad idea? Also I don't have a clue how I'm going to fit these things into my post holes haha.

Thanks for the input.
By any chance could you answer some questions I had on another thread? I posted it in the accessories section.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand that they have more surface area and surface area = more vapor (in some cases only). I just kept hearing they were just better for flavor, never heard anything about their cloud capabilities.

I run on a regulated limited edition snow wolf (200 watts) so I should be able to handle it. My only mech mod I deemed unsafe due to design flaws and retired it to the nightstand drawer of other useless/outdated electronics.

Only problem I have is I don't have any nichrome and no B&M in my area carries it. Maybe I'll just do an all kanthal one unless that's a bad idea? Also I don't have a clue how I'm going to fit these things into my post holes haha.

Thanks for the input.
By any chance could you answer some questions I had on another thread? I posted it in the accessories section.

I use nichrome wrap with kanthal cores, the nichrome heats faster but ohms lower, in the end you should get similar results on a regulated mod with all kanthal. For clouds at high watts you might want to try 24g cores with something like 6 wraps at 2.5 mm with duals. I'll check out the other thread too and see if I can help

CoilBuldin'CloudChaser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should be able to fit regular claptons in most post holes. Even 22G Cores.

Keep Calm Vape On! ☁☁

CoilBuldin'CloudChaser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Well to directly answer the question I never use an RDA with a drip tip for clouds. That explains most of your density problems. You're basically restricting the vapor.

Keep Calm Vape On! ☁☁

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yup building a new toy can be a pain. i got my derringer cloud chuckin and flavor blasting. took going through different coils finding the right one(stumbled upon the clapton and thats seemed to work best for me, perfecting that coil, wicking it right so air flow and juice flow is optimal. then had baking and over heating issues, took the afc ring out to increase air, burning my lips stopped, then i realized positioning the cap aligning the air inlets up a certain way parallel to the coils actually played a big part(coil and intake alignment is very important).tested different power levels on the istick, now i just hit it till it makes this very distinct whistle, so no inhale method just make the Bch whistle! do that and its getting the right temp no matter how long you fire. mechanical temp control i guess you could say. all that took 3 months of just messin around with it after work.

30 on 25 k1 2.7mm tooling 4v 40w duals 0.4ohm total. flavor+ clouds+. i use to be a couple pack a day smoker and im also very picky on taste (why theres only one juice i like haha) so yeah i am deffinitely happy with looking like mt st helens while enjoying the finest of custards in germany haha. all achieved through trial and error and lots and lots and lots of time. ive found out lots of things about getting MY perfect vape, now rebuilding is quick and easy. other than the time i takes to spin a clapton. coiling and wicking takes 2 minutes so good luck! i hope you get it all set

THIS S*** WILL GET EASIER! haha..(ive thrown my mod at the wall a few times in the past...^^)

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well to directly answer the question I never use an RDA with a drip tip for clouds. That explains most of your density problems. You're basically restricting the vapor.

Keep Calm Vape On!
I haven't been using one.

I've been without my tip for like 2 months and can not for the life of me find it even if I wanted it haha. I have a project sub ohm swirl fish v2 that is a champ but requires a drip tip that, surprise surprise, didn't come with it and I don't own any 510's so I will probably just have to order one.

If I use it without I can get maybe 3 hits off it then it's hot as hell and there goes my lips haha.

Red73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is the bottom skinny of what you want. Go to The Dollar Store, not everything a buck or 99 cent but a real dollar store. Find a 4 piece micro driver set that ranges from 3/32 to #1/1. Use the 2nd one from the big end to wrap a coil with, that is #1/2. It's about 2.5 mm, maybe a bit smaller but it's not enough to burn cotton with this build. I wrap 24 ga nichrome in parallel 4 wraps reads in .131-.145 in dual with my fluke meter, anything away from that isn't a good build. For a Mutation I always bend the coils to the top of the screws when they are open enough to have no obstruction in the holes. Lay the coil away from the posts after you cut the leads (pulling and pressing the coil toward the center). If done right the coil will sit above the bottom air holes, close to the wall, near enough to the center of the juice well. Pulse the coils to even out any hot spots as per usual, after tighten the screws again. Wick the coils, I use organic balls from CVS but a lot swear by the cosmetic pads (I don't like them they foul out fast and collapse with this kind of heat). Keep your coils clear top and bottom of any obstruction, after pulsing your wicking, tighten the post screws again.

With this build, I can throw 8 foot uber dense clouds from a mech mod on 30 years a smoker lungs. I have ADD/ADHD so my perspective on flavor is nowhere near what others is, but I will say that most juices don't taste as chemical.

CoilBuldin'CloudChaser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't been using one.

I've been without my tip for like 2 months and can not for the life of me find it even if I wanted it haha. I have a project sub ohm swirl fish v2 that is a champ but requires a drip tip that, surprise surprise, didn't come with it and I don't own any 510's so I will probably just have to order one.

If I use it without I can get maybe 3 hits off it then it's hot as hell and there goes my lips haha.

You don't have a local shop? They sell tons of drip tips at mine for like 2$-10$ ranging on quality.

Keep Calm Vape On! ☁☁

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You don't have a local shop? They sell tons of drip tips at mine for like 2$-10$ ranging on quality.

Keep Calm Vape On!
Well we have local shops. The nearest one being an hour away from me. Problem is they legitimately don't carry them. They may have some crappy clearo style tips but when I last went there all they sold were authentic mods/rbas and some juice that I didn't like.

CoilBuldin'CloudChaser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ahh I feel you. Do you live in a desolate area. When visiting my cousin in Idaho the nearest shop to Challis was Idaho Falls, like 3 hours away lmao.

Keep Calm Vape On! ☁☁

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ahh I feel you. Do you live in a desolate area. When visiting my cousin in Idaho the nearest shop to Challis was Idaho Falls, like 3 hours away lmao.

Keep Calm Vape On!
Nope I live in a state of, "Unless you're a member of the LDS church we hate you, and we hate smoking and alcohol because it's against our religion.

They try to keep everything out of here man...

CoilBuldin'CloudChaser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope I live in a state of, "Unless you're a member of the LDS church we hate you, and we hate smoking and alcohol because it's against our religion.

They try to keep everything out of here man...

Damn that sucks

Keep Calm Vape On! ☁☁

VU Sponsors