Become a Patron!

Where did you begin in the world of vaping?

I just started vaping a week ago. I just did 2yrs in prison and a good buddy picked me up when i got released. First thing i did was buy a pack of smokes thinking it would be great. To quote the great Ron Burgandy "I immediately regret this decision!" Tasted horrible and my buddy was vaping something that smelt amazing. He let me try it and i decided to give it a go. Hes got several mods at home so he gave me his Segeli 90w with a Segeli Xtank. I was a menthol smoker so that was the first flavor i bought TNT Ice by Time Bomb at 12mg, went through that 1st 30ml bottle in a week. Today i picked up Strawberry Shortcake by Propaganda @ 6mg. Lovin it, hes teaching me alot and i hope to never pick up another cigarette.

I just started vaping a week ago. I just did 2yrs in prison and a good buddy picked me up when i got released. First thing i did was buy a pack of smokes thinking it would be great. To quote the great Ron Burgandy "I immediately regret this decision!" Tasted horrible and my buddy was vaping something that smelt amazing. He let me try it and i decided to give it a go. Hes got several mods at home so he gave me his Segeli 90w with a Segeli Xtank. I was a menthol smoker so that was the first flavor i bought TNT Ice by Time Bomb at 12mg, went through that 1st 30ml bottle in a week. Today i picked up Strawberry Shortcake by Propaganda @ 6mg. Lovin it, hes teaching me alot and i hope to never pick up another cigarette.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Technically I started with the Blu, damn things are worthless, but they got me going. Moved up the Halo Triton which got me off the smokes and 3 of them lasted through a 2 month trip to Singapore for work. Moved on to a Provari with carto-tanks and KFLs. Now I have what looks like a B&M sitting on the table next to me. 12 mods, regulated and mechs, with different flavors in various RTAs and RDAs. I guess I'm hardcore, I rarely leave home without at least two mods for around town and take my 4 REOs on the road for business trips.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Started with a 901 (the primary choices at the time were the 801 or the 901), direct dripping 36mg and going through batteries so fast that I had to have a minimum of two batteries on chargers at any given time. I then "upgraded" to a charger that would charge 10 batteries at a time *laf* Used that for a couple of years.
th
35ced6f532d75252215b215d901c643b.jpg

Eventually moved up to the bigger eGO batteries (1300 mAh, 1600 mAh, etc) trying a variety of different toppers (many of which were complete disasters), and finally landing on the cartomizer tank system, which served me well for quite some time.
cartomizer-tank-apart-300x300.jpg

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
Started with a 901 (the primary choices at the time were the 801 or the 901), direct dripping 36mg and going through batteries so fast that I had to have a minimum of two batteries on chargers at any given time. I then "upgraded" to a charger that would charge 10 batteries at a time *laf* Used that for a couple of years.
th
35ced6f532d75252215b215d901c643b.jpg

Eventually moved up to the bigger eGO batteries (1300 mAh, 1600 mAh, etc) trying a variety of different toppers (many of which were complete disasters), and finally landing on the cartomizer tank system, which served me well for quite some time.
cartomizer-tank-apart-300x300.jpg
36mg nic? Holy crap!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
36mg nic? Holy crap!

Seems extreme with today's devices, but with those crappy older devices it's not so much since you only got just a tiny little puff. Though I will admit I'm currently chain vaping 20mg on my Troll dual coil RDA at 0.6ohm and 5.5V and really should cut down (also why I've got a gallon of 100mg in the freezer, have another on order, and am about to order a 3rd gallon)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What are the benefits of freezing nic or pg and vg?

Keeping your nic in your freezer will lengthen the shelf life. Ideal is in an amber glass bottle, with argon gas sprayed in it before sealing in order to displace any oxygen, and then in deep freeze. Oxygen, light, and heat are nicotine's enemies.

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
Keeping your nic in your freezer will lengthen the shelf life. Ideal is in an amber glass bottle, with argon gas sprayed in it before sealing in order to displace any oxygen, and then in deep freeze. Oxygen, light, and heat are nicotine's enemies.
Had no idea. How long does it last without doing that? I've had mine for about 6 months.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

Started with an ego pen back in beginning of 2013 and never looked back :)

VU Sponsors