Become a Patron!

Where do I buy batteries and a charger online?

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where do I buy batteries online and a charger? And what kind should I buy for a koopor? I know they are 18650

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Liionwholesale, illumn, or imrbatteries are all good options to buy batteries from(I use the first personally).

I'd say Samsung 25rs or LG HD2C would be your best bet. From those 3companies VTC4s would be good too, but there's a lot of fakes out there so I wouldn't buy them from a non battery devoted company.

Normally for regulated mods I'd say LG HG2 or Samsung 30q for battery life, but the Kooper says it's going to be pulling 200w of power out of 2 batteries... you're going to need something with more oomph than those two if you want to get that much power with any kind of safety.

Normal 20amp cells will give about 75w fully charged, if a mod is looking to give more than 75w per battery it's probably a safe bet to jump to the higher powered batteries.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok I just bought 4 LG HD2C and a 4 bank charger for 41 bucks that's awesome the local b&m was 70

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks man and I don't plan of ever going over 120w

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks man and I don't plan of ever going over 120w

Probably could have gotten away with the 3000mAH options but either way you'll be set, just have to swap batteries a little more often, nothing too concerning, and if it does become a worry you can always grab more batteries later.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I buy all my batteries at Liionwholesale. Great prices, and guaranteed authentic tested batteries.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea prices were amazing but I was on the phone with the bank an hour and now my card keeps getting declined after the purchase I don't understand why

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea prices were amazing but I was on the phone with the bank an hour and now my card keeps getting declined after the purchase I don't understand why

At Liionwholesale?

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea the purchase went through but afterwards I can't use my card the bank says it's not on their end so I'm at a loss

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was thinking it was fraud protection but they said no

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Call the card company, that's pretty odd. I've done numerous purchases through Liionwholesale and had no issues and never heard of anyone else having any either. It's a popular company on this forum so I'd imagine if there were regular issues people would be speaking up, so sounds more like an anomaly than anything, which happens with the automatic fraud detection (Why are you purchasing something in PA? kind of trigger).

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea the purchase went through but afterwards I can't use my card the bank says it's not on their end so I'm at a loss

I was thinking it was fraud protection but they said no
Ok, that is weird. I was going to tag Jon if you were having trouble getting it to work on their site.

Whirlwind

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I buy all my batteries at Liionwholesale. Great prices, and guaranteed authentic tested batteries.

I just got my first order from Lion Wholesale and i am very pleased with them. Ordered yesterday lunch and arrived this morning.It turns out they are less than a mile from my house,lol.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just got my first order from Lion Wholesale and i am very pleased with them. Ordered yesterday lunch and arrived this morning.It turns out they are less than a mile from my house,lol.
I guess you'll just drive over and pick up your next order!

Whirlwind

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I guess you'll just drive over and pick up your next order!

Yes and i payed $5.80 flat rate shipping! so funny but i had no idea where they were based.I tracked it and noticed that it was at my post office for shipping.That totally confused me until i checked where they were based.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's ok I have cash till it irons out

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes and i payed $5.80 flat rate shipping! so funny but i had no idea where they were based.I tracked it and noticed that it was at my post office for shipping.That totally confused me until i checked where they were based.
Wish I was that close! I love buying from them The only thing I hate is the mail always seems to stall when the package gets to Chattanooga,TN. It seems like it always sits there for a day instead of moving on to Atlanta.

Whirlwind

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wish I was that close! I love buying from them The only thing I hate is the mail always seems to stall when the package gets to Chattanooga,TN. It seems like it always sits there for a day instead of moving on to Atlanta.

I have the same problem with Philadelphia.Last problem was less than 2 days from California to Philadelphia then 4 days in Philadelphia,drives me crazy!

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok card is back to normal after the payment went completely through. So these batteries come charged or do I charge once I get them? And on the topic of charging does the charger cut off after the battery is charged...? Or do I have to watch it and unplug after the bar says full?

Whirlwind

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok card is back to normal after the payment went completely through. So these batteries come charged or do I charge once I get them? And on the topic of charging does the charger cut off after the battery is charged...? Or do I have to watch it and unplug after the bar says full?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Normally the batteries come partly charged so they will need charging.Depends on the charger but most will cut off when fully charged.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks you guys I appreciate all the input

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

They come at a 30% charge so you will have to charge them.
Yes chargers will shut down when fully charged check the manual to be sure but the ones from Liion will shut down.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok so with the the 20a batteries what is safe to build and because there is 2 of them does that make 40a? I'm a little confused on how to gauge what builds I can make normally I never go below .3Ω but I'm just asking I know the koopor will only fire down to .1 in wattage an .08 in temp modes... I just don't want to push the batteries beyond their limit and have them go boom in my face......I've vaped for over a year now and always stated away from batteries just cause of the risk.......anything that would explain how the dual 18650 amps work would be greatly appreciated

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so with the the 20a batteries what is safe to build and because there is 2 of them does that make 40a? I'm a little confused on how to gauge what builds I can make normally I never go below .3Ω but I'm just asking I know the koopor will only fire down to .1 in wattage an .08 in temp modes... I just don't want to push the batteries beyond their limit and have them go boom in my face......I've vaped for over a year now and always stated away from batteries just cause of the risk.......anything that would explain how the dual 18650 amps work would be greatly appreciated

Personally I like building a little higher on regulated than I normally would on a mech. It saves battery life, it's safer, and if you do it right you can get a quality vape either way.

As far as the multiple batteries, always remember this: Parallel adds amps, series adds voltage. So in your regulated it's voltage, 2 batteries giving theoretically 8.4v and 20amp safety cap. But, again you don't have to worry about that with a regulated, it'll make conversions for you. If you went to a mech you'd be looking at those limitations, in series like I said 8.4v and 20amps still, but in parallel you add 50% of the additional batteries CDR, so it'd be 4.2v and 30amps CDR.

Again though that's getting a little ahead of ourselves. No reason to build really low as you can adjust the power with buttons, and get a solid vape. The reason people build really low is 2 reasons mainly. First big coils tend to be lower resistance, and more surface area means more vapor. Second is that ohm's law dictates that to get more power you need a lower resistance... but that second reason doesn't apply to regulated mods. Ohm's law is still in play but you don't need a certain resistance to apply a high level of power.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So with it being regulated I shouldn't have any problems as long as I stay within the .1 to 3Ω range...? Will the device not allow the batteries to be misused?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So with it being regulated I shouldn't have any problems as long as I stay within the .1 to 3Ω range...? Will the device not allow the batteries to be misused?

More or less, yes.

You may have issues if you drop to .1Ω and try to pull 150w out of it, so I wouldn't recommend pushing that lower limit (mod may cut you off at a lower wattage than you desire, and lower resistance inherently needs more wattage just to heat up). So I'd still suggest building closer to .2Ω but you don't need to stick hard to ohm's law on a regulated mod, that's exactly why we have those mods, so we aren't stuck with the results of that equation.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
More or less, yes.

You may have issues if you drop to .1Ω and try to pull 150w out of it, so I wouldn't recommend pushing that lower limit (mod may cut you off at a lower wattage than you desire, and lower resistance inherently needs more wattage just to heat up). So I'd still suggest building closer to .2Ω but you don't need to stick hard to ohm's law on a regulated mod, that's exactly why we have those mods, so we aren't stuck with the results of that equation.
You are my hero

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Build resistance has nothing to do with the load placed on the batteries when using a variable wattage mod. Watt setting divided by total battery voltage equals battery current.

VU Sponsors