Become a Patron!

Where is the SS Wire

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out Advance Vape Supply. It is owned by a fellow VU member and he only deals in stainless steel wire exclusively.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kidneypuncher.com has it in stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fossil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lightning Vapes...try getting 38 gauge SS sent to Canada. I have personally checked 25 vape shops in Toronto and surrounding area and no one is stocking SS. A friend that owns 3 vape shops is having a hard time getting SS across the border. I was just wondering why?

Fossil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
please no crap from China. Checked out Advanced Vapes but not sure if it milled in sweden

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
please no crap from China. Checked out Advanced Vapes but not sure if it milled in sweden
I don't remember 100%, but I believe that it is. You can contact them and he will let you know for sure. He's all about customer service.

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used them once and really didn't care for them. I find advanced vape supply much better
And why is that so ??
i dont really have anny problems with it, wire is clean pretty straight from the spool and those prices are great.
Im from holland so shipping isnt too bad either compared to shipping from US :'(

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lightning Vapes...try getting 38 gauge SS sent to Canada. I have personally checked 25 vape shops in Toronto and surrounding area and no one is stocking SS. A friend that owns 3 vape shops is having a hard time getting SS across the border. I was just wondering why?
Canvape.com email [email protected] have no idea why its hard to get wire up there. Seems to be a problem maybe not very popular at the moment. Anyway they have ud ss 316l (i know you said no china) and they carry several kinds of geekvape clapton ss. Prices ud 30' 7 bucks and geekvape 10' 7 bucks. Hope this helps.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
And why is that so ??
i dont really have anny problems with it, wire is clean pretty straight from the spool and those prices are great.
Im from holland so shipping isnt too bad either compared to shipping from US :'(
Placed one order. Took forever to get when it arrived it was wrong. Had to contact them. They sent me the correct stuff with a few free spools but literally was like 6 weeks after I ordered

Also the spools are poorly wrapped. A few sprung open during shipping. I had to cut slits in the spools to hold the wire in.

The SS430 isn't really SS430. Doesn't work right on DNA mods with a SS430 profile.

On the flip side, the nife wire they sell is pretty good but not worth it for all the issues I had. Advanced vape supply sent me all the right stuff in less then a week. No issues. Plus crazy wire doesn't have spools of fancy wires like claptons and vertebraid but advanced does

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Placed one order. Took forever to get when it arrived it was wrong. Had to contact them. They sent me the correct stuff with a few free spools but literally was like 6 weeks after I ordered

Also the spools are poorly wrapped. A few sprung open during shipping. I had to cut slits in the spools to hold the wire in.

The SS430 isn't really SS430. Doesn't work right on DNA mods with a SS430 profile.

On the flip side, the nife wire they sell is pretty good but not worth it for all the issues I had. Advanced vape supply sent me all the right stuff in less then a week. No issues. Plus crazy wire doesn't have spools of fancy wires like claptons and vertebraid but advanced does

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They have clapons spooled, but indeed the shipping takes a while most of the times.
I didnt have anny problems with poorly spooled wire yet.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
They have clapons spooled, but indeed the shipping takes a while most of the times.
I didnt have anny problems with poorly spooled wire yet.
IDK why I didn't see that before when I placed my order. but you are correct. still wasn't happy with them. the SS430 is not really SS430. Oh and i forgot to mention they didn't even ship my order for a for a few weeks until i contacted them 17 days after my order asking where it was, and they said they couldn't find it. Also no way to actually get a status update on your order without contacting them

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Check out Advance Vape Supply. It is owned by a fellow VU member and he only deals in stainless steel wire exclusively.

Thanks for this post because I ended up checking it out again and found fused claptons using 3x28/36. Which is exactly what I have been thinking of making but I haven't pulled the trigger on buying the wire mainly due to the fact that I wanted to try it before risking the frustration building it and not liking it. Now I have 10x 5" stands coming for like 7 bucks.

Mind you I do not have any swivels or the spin lt so that also would be an additional cost to find out I don't like it lol.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for this post because I ended up checking it out again and found fused claptons using 3x28/36. Which is exactly what I have been thinking of making but I haven't pulled the trigger on buying the wire mainly due to the fact that I wanted to try it before risking the frustration building it and not liking it. Now I have 10x 5" stands coming for like 7 bucks.

Mind you I do not have any swivels or the spin lt so that also would be an additional cost to find out I don't like it lol.
I understand completely. I'm glad you checked him out. He is the reason I started using stainless steel in the first place. Well, the main one anyways. I'll be interested to see a pic of your coils after you get the wire and hear your thoughts of your experience after you have tried it.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I understand completely. I'm glad you checked him out. He is the reason I started using stainless steel in the first place. Well, the main one anyways. I'll be interested to see a pic of your coils after you get the wire and hear your thoughts of your experience after you have tried it.

Will do. Although I'm afraid the resistance will be lower than I like but I'll still build it and see how she vapes. It will be going in the boreas...I need to get a good dripper to try my builds on but I'm too picky. The resistance will come out to .13 I think.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Will do. Although I'm afraid the resistance will be lower than I like but I'll still build it and see how she vapes. It will be going in the boreas...I need to get a good dripper to try my builds on but I'm too picky. The resistance will come out to .13 I think.
I'm running that same wire in my boreas right now the triple fused clapton. I did 7 wraps dual coil 3mm ID and it came out to .17

A good dripper thats easy to build on IMO is the pharoah. Great build deck, amazing flavor, deep juice well, no leaks. and they only cost around 30 bucks

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How is the vape? Ramp up quick? What wattage do you vape at? Does having 7 wraps cause it to reach exactly post to post or do you have to bend the wire to fit?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
How is the vape? Ramp up quick? What wattage do you vape at? Does having 7 wraps cause it to reach exactly post to post or do you have to bend the wire to fit?
on the boreas 7 wraps fits perfect post to post. 115 watts in TC mode at 520F on my G2. Ramp up is pretty much instant. Nice warm vape with good flavor

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IDK why I didn't see that before when I placed my order. but you are correct. still wasn't happy with them. the SS430 is not really SS430. Oh and i forgot to mention they didn't even ship my order for a for a few weeks until i contacted them 17 days after my order asking where it was, and they said they couldn't find it. Also no way to actually get a status update on your order without contacting them
Ive never tried that ss430 so cant tell u sorry, and indeed ive had some shipping problems aswell in the past but they send me some extra spools in return.
And there actually is a way of checking ur order.
http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/cgi-bin/ot000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First impression is they are smaller than I imagined still excited but sad I won't be able to coil them up until this evening maybe.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
1JBZkYT.jpg

I think this is right

VU Sponsors