Where should I go from here?

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello, World!

So I've been vaping on my iTaste MVP 2.0 for about a year now only using clearomizers (iClear30/30s and Kanger ProTank 2) and a few cheap dripping attys and I really enjoy it but I'm looking for some direction on where to go from here. I've been looking at some RDA's but I'm not sure which would be good or if I should get a new MOD also (been looking at the XPV DNA-40D or the DNA 30 Hana Mod). Can someone give me some direction? Thanks!

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would suggest you go with a regulated mod. Right now there is no shortage of them out there. I know vaporjoes just posted a deal on a 100 watt mod for about 80 bucks. And if you look around you could find a nice rda for about 20 or so bucks.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You need more power for sure. Even 30w will limit you on what you can do with a multiple coil rda. If you want one mod for everything, 100w regulated. If you want the best of two worlds, 30w regulated and a kayfun type atomizer, and a mech for rda's.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You need more power for sure. Even 30w will limit you on what you can do with a multiple coil rda. If you want one mod for everything, 100w regulated. If you want the best of two worlds, 30w regulated and a kayfun type atomizer, and a mech for rda's.
agree with that. a lot of people use a regulated device with kayfun all day myself included then play around with mechs and rdas at home more for fun. id say a regulated device with a tank is a must have for the majority. vaporshark rdna30 or 40 are highly reliable devices

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I would like to get a mech mod but im not sure if my knowledge of ohm's law is good enough to be honest; I don't want to be some negative statistic. I have heard that the newer 100w mods are having problems with overheating chips and such.
If I was to go with a mech what would be best to go with? I'm really interested in RDA's and I feel I wouldn't get the most out of it with my MVP V2

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mechs are mostly about 3 things; voltage drop, style, venting.

For voltage drop, I recommend getting a copper mod. There are SS that hit hard, but copper is a safer bet. Especially with clones. I highly recommend the copper manhattan from angelcigs. I only get clones and it is the best clone I have had. $20 copper with a magnetic button.

Kenneth98

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you not sure ,you can choose DNA30 . It will good for you.

Angel Cigs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mechs are mostly about 3 things; voltage drop, style, venting.

For voltage drop, I recommend getting a copper mod. There are SS that hit hard, but copper is a safer bet. Especially with clones. I highly recommend the copper manhattan from angelcigs. I only get clones and it is the best clone I have had. $20 copper with a magnetic button.

Thank you @OB61887 for recommending our products. :)

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the feedback! I've been brushing up on Ohm's law, think I'm going to go with a mech. I'm trying to find a nice authentic one, nothing against clones though.

CigetteVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I would like to get a mech mod but im not sure if my knowledge of ohm's law is good enough to be honest; I don't want to be some negative statistic. I have heard that the newer 100w mods are having problems with overheating chips and such.
If I was to go with a mech what would be best to go with? I'm really interested in RDA's and I feel I wouldn't get the most out of it with my MVP V2
Well, the ohms law is something to keep an eye on but you dont have to memorize it completely. You can look at charts online. Pbusardo has been doing a lot of reviews on the 100w and 30w kind of devices. Mechanical in my opinion is the best way to go. It will fire everything you put on it, therefore you have to have an ohm reader, to check for shorts in you atomizer. That is about the thing you need. Also, a little battery safety is good to know. Check his website out you can read all sorts of stuff about different batteries. If you can find Samsung 25r's they are perfectly fine.

Here is the website http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/

You can read and look at reviews, he's unbiased which is good for people like you, who wants to get into something and make decisions on what to buy. I'm not trying to promote him but the way most of the guys learned a lot of their stuff in the beginning was through his videos on youtube. I think 100w box mod is too much to start with. Go mechanical and use proper battery safety and you'll be fine. Also, don't go extreme sub ohm right away. Try 28g wire with 6-7 wraps for the first few builds. Then you can move into the sub ohm jungle that exists.

For example I have a dual twisted 24g sleeper coil w 3 wraps. It came out to about 0.08 ohms. I took it out recently because it is not a very safe build. Now I run about 0.2-0.6 ohms with Samsung 25r batteries and I have a nice all day vape with that.

Hop this helps!

VU Sponsors