Become a Patron!

Where should the air flow hit the coil??!

PREACHERMAN

Member For 1 Year
OK, I have a Bonza RDA and am getting a Drop RDA also - both are side flow air as you probably already know - both have air flow "holes" instead of "slots" - so you really can't direct all the incoming air flow directly - BUT; should I place my coil where most of the airflow hits the bottom of the coil, the center of the coil, or the top of the coil (here I am only concerned about big, thick clouds).

Any help would be much appreciated.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YES, is the answer to your question... Placement in relation to the holes or slots is more about flavor and heat control IMO..... For clouds it's more about getting the coils into the FLOW of air where they get the most exposure to the stream of air. The more air you move past a coil the more vapor it carries to your lungs.

PREACHERMAN

Member For 1 Year
Very good, I thought the same, but am new to the game, thanks for the reply.

I love your user name - it is quite the oxymoron - LOL!

But, please, two more questions; (1) if you put the air flow directly on the coils (for clouds) wouldn't that cool down the coils and actually lessen the amount of vapor?

(2) where would one place the coils, in relation to the air flow to increase the flavor?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very good, I thought the same, but am new to the game, thanks for the reply.

I love your user name - it is quite the oxymoron - LOL!

But, please, two more questions; (1) if you put the air flow directly on the coils (for clouds) wouldn't that cool down the coils and actually lessen the amount of vapor?

(2) where would one place the coils, in relation to the air flow to increase the flavor?
Again yes..... but then that's where the metal mass comes in.... not enough air can lead to burnt wicks and too hot a vape..

Simple answer there is no perfect position or build or juice or mod..... there is only the best combination for you.

Clouds is easy lots of wire lots of power and lots of air will convert lots of juice to vapor.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

PREACHERMAN

Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the replies HondaDavidson, I will put the air to the coil (pedal to the metal - LOL) for my clouds and will experiment more for flavor, thanks again!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me and a lot of others for flavor air flow needs to come up under the coils. Worst for flavor is top air. Side air works as long as I raise them so air goes under the coils.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Carambrda, I watched that guy on Yootoot, but I do appreciate it.
I tend to agree with his findings pretty much point for point, also including his other videos re how hard we should wick, albeit I don't use the same cotton he does. In fact simple trial and error had already led me to those same conclusions several months before he started posting them. A wet, dense, saturated, and big enough amount of vapor is just as essential to me as the flavor itself. You could give me the best tasting sauce in the world, but I still wouldn't want to pour it onto my steak if something is off about the density and or texture. It knocks me unconscious why so many people will settle for just the flavor alone. Half empty plates certainly are not for me, and, the old adage that bigger clouds necessarily reduce the flavor is utterly flawed. Anemic clouds remind me of ersatz coffee, something you'd be forced to use because there is a war going on and everything is just horrificly scarce.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
on my drop rdas, I position the coils so that i can just see the bottom of the coil through the top row of air flow holes.

PREACHERMAN

Member For 1 Year
I think you guys are 100% correct - flavor is best had by the air-flow coming from the bottom (or at least the side air-flow hitting the bottom of the coils) - also I think flavor without at least some density is impossible (or at least not as pleasing as some nice cloud with the nice flavor) - also I believe the more air that hits the coils equates to the bigger cloud - thanks for the replies!

VU Sponsors