Become a Patron!

Where to find authentic Sony US18650VTC5: 30 A – 2,600 mAh

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
Im looking for authentic
Sony US18650VTC5: 30 A – 2,600 mAh batteries and honestly have no clue where to look. I try reading reviews but am having no luck finding proven authentic ones. Has anyone found any good sites that sell them?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Liion don't carry VTC5s (only VTC4/5A/6)
Illumn.com also carry them.

Mind you that VTC5s are 20A not 30A.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
Liion don't carry VTC5s (only VTC4/5A/6)
Illumn.com also carry them.

Mind you that VTC5s are 20A not 30A.
From what I've researched VTC5s are high up there as a good battery, I need to get better batteries that are actually authentic and wasn't sure what would be best. VTC5s looked like the top ones. Are there better ones to go for?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not really, VTC6s have the same amp rating as VTC5s but higher capacity.
VTC5As have higher amp rating then VTC5s and roughly the same capacity.

So both are superior, each in it's own way.

None of Sony's 18650s are actually 30A continuous, they are rated as 30A@80C which is entirely not the same thing as 30A.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
Not really, VTC6s have the same amp rating as VTC5s but higher capacity.
VTC5As have higher amp rating then VTC5s and roughly the same capacity.

So both are superior, each in it's own way.

None of Sony's 18650s are actually 30A continuous, they are rated as 30A@80C which is entirely not the same thing as 30A.
Would you recommend the VTC5As or the VTC6s more than any other battery used? Which between the two do you enjoy most? I'll be running it on my Tugboat V.2 24mm mech mod. Thanks for the feedback!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I've researched VTC5s are high up there as a good battery, I need to get better batteries that are actually authentic and wasn't sure what would be best. VTC5s looked like the top ones. Are there better ones to go for?
The VTC5's are good but I prefer the Sony VTC5A's, 25a with 2600 mAh so an excellent balance of power and life, they're my favorite.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That depends on your requirements based on your resistance.
If 20A is enough for your requirements then a 20A 3000 mAh battery like the VTC6 or Samsung 30Q would be preferable.
If you need higher amp rating (25A) then VTC5A or LG HD2/2C/4 would be preferable.
If 25A is not enough then LG HB2/4/6 would be preferable.

To get a notice of how hard each battery would hit as each specific amperage you would have to compare the continuous and pulse test graphs of each, but since most of us use mechs for enjoyment and not competitions the higher possible capacity for the required amp rating would be preferable and would provide a more stable and longer lasting vape.

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Would you recommend the VTC5As or the VTC6s more than any other battery used? Which between the two do you enjoy most? I'll be running it on my Tugboat V.2 24mm mech mod. Thanks for the feedback!

Okay there you limit your batteries to what type of Ohms in your rda are at

Fresh Voltage/Resistance (Ohm's) = Max Amps you will be pulling at fresh charge. 4.2v/Ohms=amps, all you need input is the ohms.

Most times I suggest running a mech, you need 30A CDR batteries just for the safety of the matter and not build below 0.28ohms (15Amps) for safety margin on a single battery, 0.14ohm on a dual battery parallel (both positives up side by side), and 0.56 on a dual battery series (one positive up, one positive down, or when stacked).

30amp CDR batteries are always low mah, manufacturers have to balance discharge rate or run time, LG makes 3 true 30amps batteries, the LG HB2, HB4, and HB6, all are 1500mah, and the HB6 is the coolest running battery at full 30amp CDR.

Looking for a balance of run time and mah, Sony's VTC5A (not the old VTC5 2600mah 20amp) the VTC5A is 2500mah at 25amps CDR, and hits harder for longer run time, though you limit yourself to about 0.35 to 0.36 lowest safe build on the rda (50% CDR) though the battery can handle as low as 0.18

Maximum runtime but lower CDR, then the Samsung 30Q comes into play (3000mah @ 20amps CDR), limiting you to 0.21 lowest, but suggested 0.42 daily run.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered 6 of these from Liion and they are MIA.. Fuk USPS!

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
I went ahead and got some from
IMR, hopefully their stuff comes in okay especially with the way the rest of these companies not getting you your batteries.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Quick warning about illumn.com, although ive ordered from them many times with no issue i have had a major issue with my last order for over $100 worth of batteries. Item shows as shipped on dec 14th, in transit to destination for delivery on dec 19th, of course here we are at jan 21st with no package, no status update, anything. I called illumn 18 times with no answer and no reply. I sent 15 emails and again no reply at all. I contacted usps and filed missing package claim. Contacted usps again and was informed that only the shipper could initiate an insurance claim, once again attempted to contact illumn, and no surprise they didnt respond. Filed claim with paypal and after illumn didnt respond to them i was issued a dispute refund.

Order from liion or imr. Illumn apparently no longer gives a shit about customer service. Sad, they were a good company, but a business that doesnt bother to answer their phone and care to respond to emails will no longer get my business.

Buyer beware.
Ordered 6 of these from Liion and they are MIA.. Fuk USPS!
sounds like a post office issue not a vendor issue.
@BPROSEK i wouldn't condemn illumn.com since they are one of only a handfull reliable battery vendors. I've gotten 90% of my batteries from them with no issue. the other 10% from liionwholesale with no issues.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
imrbatteries.com is where I get all my batteries now. Always authentic and always quick shipping with fair prices.

Happy Vaping!!
CV :)

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Duh to you sir.

Their customer service is the equivalent of your inspired response.

Hell, at least you responded, perhaps they should learn from you to improve their service.
I was quoting Anthony

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Although I dont disagree with you as to usps being the issue regarding the missing package, I (as you say) condemn Illumn for making absolutely no efforts to help in resolving the issue. Is it unreasonable to expect a vendor to return messages sent by phone and email? Is it unreasonable to expect that the vendor make even the smallest effort to resolve a situation wherein they are the only party able to do so?

Hell, I even (via phone and email) offered to reorder the items and pay for both packages(assuming the lost package would eventually show up), but guess what...thats right, no reply whatsoever.

So yeah, you can Duh all you like (to the other member post), order from them all you like and hope you dont run into a situation that requires any vendor assistance of any kind. As I stated, I had used them for many orders in the past and would have had no issues with ordering from them again had it not been for this situation. Basic business and service sense is that you answer your phone, return voicemails, and oh yeah, if your phone message states to submit email if you are unavailable to reach them by phone, well then it would stand to reason you would respond to such emails... And of course when your zen desk reply states your inquiry/issue will be responded to in 24/48 hours.....well....

Good luck.

Liion gets my business, hell most of their prices are better anyways.
When did u try and get ahold of them? During normal hours or a weekend/holiday?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Normal business hours. Called multiple times during their regularly scheduled business hours on numerous different days of the week. All emails were also sent during regular business hours/days.

Look it does no good to beat a dead horse, I would simply advise anyone who does choose to order from them to use PayPal for the purchase so they can be taken care of in the event of an issue such as this.

Wasnt trying to stir the pot or start shit as I do agree there are very few quality sources to purchase legit batteries from, I was simply sharing my extremely frustrating recent experience with my last order from illumn, and providing my opinion as to my choice of going with either liion or imr.
Well that's shitty. Hope they get it resolved for you.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
PayPal took a look at my dispute and ruled in my favor refunding the $.

Ordered 20 vtc4's from liion that will be here on Monday.

All's well that ends well.
Glad to hear it worked out

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Jon always gets my battery business..Recently purchased 4 LG HE2's and 4 VTC4's...Ive never had a shipping issue and always received a tracking number with timely delivery...Cant fault Liion for USPS service...Will be ordering more batteries from Liion due to my lack of control to buy new mods:gaah:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sounds like a post office issue not a vendor issue.
@BPROSEK i wouldn't condemn illumn.com since they are one of only a handfull reliable battery vendors. I've gotten 90% of my batteries from them with no issue. the other 10% from liionwholesale with no issues.
Any business that won't answer their phone nor email when you've got issues doesn't deserve your money.

Yes they deserve to be condemned for this shit.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Any business that won't answer their phone nor email when you've got issues doesn't deserve your money.

Yes they deserve to be condemned for this shit.
Fair enough for sure

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Quick warning about illumn.com, although ive ordered from them many times with no issue i have had a major issue with my last order for over $100 worth of batteries. Item shows as shipped on dec 14th, in transit to destination for delivery on dec 19th, of course here we are at jan 21st with no package, no status update, anything. I called illumn 18 times with no answer and no reply. I sent 15 emails and again no reply at all. I contacted usps and filed missing package claim. Contacted usps again and was informed that only the shipper could initiate an insurance claim, once again attempted to contact illumn, and no surprise they didnt respond. Filed claim with paypal and after illumn didnt respond to them i was issued a dispute refund.

Order from liion or imr. Illumn apparently no longer gives a shit about customer service. Sad, they were a good company, but a business that doesnt bother to answer their phone and care to respond to emails will no longer get my business.

Buyer beware.
Thanks for the info B...I'll take them off my list of vendors....if there is one thing I cannot take is lack of communication....it makes or breaks a business, deservingly so.

Hi Bprosek,
The phone lines are all my fault - we've been having some trouble with them lately, and after most of us were out with the flu I decided to not keep the phones on as we needed to focus on shipments. That, and it was a bit hard to speak.. I didn't want to keep coughing on the phone. - hence the message on our VM saying to please email us.

We do try to respond to emails quickly - generally before 24 hours. For some bizarre reason I only see a single email from you on the 17th - by the time we got to it the next day, the money was already refunded, so we didn't figure a response was needed. This is clearly not something we should have done.

Could you please message me some of your other ticket IDs? I have 1, and I'd really like to locate the other 14 as something has gone horribly wrong with our system and I'd like to find out why.

To anyone else trying to get in touch with us:
I'm available through PM here.
Through facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IlluminationSupply
Through email: [email protected]
Through live-chat on our website, illumn.com - a box will pop up in the bottom right hand corner when we're online.
Phones are a bit difficult at the moment, unfortunately.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi Bprosek,
The phone lines are all my fault - we've been having some trouble with them lately, and after most of us were out with the flu I decided to not keep the phones on as we needed to focus on shipments. That, and it was a bit hard to speak.. I didn't want to keep coughing on the phone. - hence the message on our VM saying to please email us.

We do try to respond to emails quickly - generally before 24 hours. For some bizarre reason I only see a single email from you on the 17th - by the time we got to it the next day, the money was already refunded, so we didn't figure a response was needed. This is clearly not something we should have done.

Could you please message me some of your other ticket IDs? I have 1, and I'd really like to locate the other 14 as something has gone horribly wrong with our system and I'd like to find out why.

Through live-chat on our website, illumn.com - a box will pop up in the bottom right hand corner when we're online.
hello and welcome. and thanks for the response and clearing things up!

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Bprosek,

Hi Illumn, thank you for the reply.

Im sorry to hear you all were Ill and am glad that You're feeling better.

I will have to go through my email trash to get the ids and will email them to you (I deleted everything after PayPal dispute resolution as I do with all closed orders etc.)

I'm sorry for the negative tone of my replies on here. I have always enjoyed doing business with you guys over the last few years and have had nothing but great experiences save for this last one. Additionally the small extra touches such as free cases for every two batteries were always appreciated.

I will continue this dialogue with you privately via email and will gladly delete my previous negative post. One note, I would advise that you initiate a postal insurance claim per the priority mail insurance policy to recoup the losses on this missing package.

USPS

Expected Delivery Day:
Monday, December 19, 2016
  1. Additional Information

The item is currently in transit to the destination as of December 15, 2016 at 9:48 pm.

2. Get Text Updates
  3. Get Email Updates
Tracking History
December 15, 2016
9:48 pm

In Transit to Destination,

December 14, 2016
9:48 pm

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility,
SAN JOSE, CA 95101

December 14, 2016
8:33 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility,
SAN JOSE, CA 95131

December 14, 2016
6:13 pm

Shipment Picked Up,
SAN JOSE, CA 95134

Close
Add Another Email
Send me updates for
Delivery/delivery attempts only.We'll send you an email for each delivery or delivery attempt.
All future activity for this item.We'll send you an email for each track update - including delivery or delivery attempts.
Text Updates
Close
Must be a text enabled U.S. or Canadian number. Standard message and data rates may apply.
Learn More About USPS Text Tracking
Send me updates for
Delivery/delivery attempts only.We'll send you a text for each delivery or delivery attempt.
All future activity for this item.We'll send you a text for each track update - including delivery or delivery attempts.
I have read, understand and agree to the
Terms and Conditions.
Name Package
Close
Terms and Conditions of Use for Text Tracking
Close
Your access to, and use of, USPS Text Tracking is subject to our website Terms of Use and all applicable laws and regulations. By clicking "I have read, understand and agree" or otherwise accessing and using USPS Text Tracking, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms of Use.

USPS Text Tracking provides you with text message updates, including the date and time of delivery, as your package moves through the USPS system. Your telecommunications carrier may charge data usage fees (including additional charges when roaming) to receive TEXT messages. Please contact your wireless carrier for complete pricing details.

After submitting your phone number to USPS you will receive a text message confirming your request to subscribe to USPS Text Tracking. You must reply YES to the confirmation message to begin receiving tracking updates about your package. You may opt out of receiving USPS Text Tracking updates at any time by sending STOP to 2USPS (28777).

About Text Tracking
Close
Request Text Tracking to receive a text message when your package moves throughout the USPS network.

Message frequency is based on the request type; packages may have up to 11 tracking events.

Standard Message and Data rates may apply.

For additional information, text HELP to 2USPS (28777). You may opt out by texting STOP to 2USPS.

Read More About Text Tracking

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The USPS actually paid out quickly this time :) We've solved this!

Thank you all for the welcome!
Good to hear, we need good Vendors like yourself. The Vape community as a whole are pretty reasonable for those few times when "shit just happens" as long as the Vendor is responsible and honest.

Cheers

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The USPS actually paid out quickly this time :) We've solved this!

Thank you all for the welcome!
Yes indeed!

The matter is resolved, any questions please see my "apology to Illumn" thread.

Craig went above and beyond in rectifying this issue, and for that I am extremely grateful!

To all, please know that on the short list of trusted battery vendors, Illumn.com is an outstanding choice and deserving of your business.

Thank you again Craig, I really appreciate your generosity and I know my batteries will appreciate the new charger

B

Syrath

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
imrbatteries.com is where I get all my batteries now. Always authentic and always quick shipping with fair prices.

Happy Vaping!!
CV :)
I know this is a bit old, I was looking for batteries and wraps and IMR shipping is a bit ridiculous in cost or am I missing something? They are saying 13.19 for the cheapest option. Is there a reason why they start so high? I would prefer to buy there so I can get some wraps, a case and the batteries but on a $50 order * FedEx (Ground Home Delivery) $13.19.

Edit: Thanks Anthony, I figured out my problem. IMR on your address page, the zip box is only large enough to display 3 digits not the entire zip, I messed up and had an additional 2 at the end. Fixing that brought up USPS options.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I know this is a bit old, I was looking for batteries and wraps and IMR shipping is a bit ridiculous in cost or am I missing something? They are saying 13.19 for the cheapest option. Is there a reason why they start so high? I would prefer to buy there so I can get some wraps, a case and the batteries but on a $50 order * FedEx (Ground Home Delivery) $13.19.
try illumn.com or liionwholesale.com

VU Sponsors