Become a Patron!

Where to get replacement springs?

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've got a shift mod with bad hot button and I've traced the problem down to all the current running through the spring when it fires. It's pretty beefy but I'd like to do anything to fix it since I do like the way it looks. Where can I find springs, or something else that may help?

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I've got a shift mod with bad hot button and I've traced the problem down to all the current running through the spring when it fires. It's pretty beefy but I'd like to do anything to fix it since I do like the way it looks. Where can I find springs, or something else that may help?
I would probably swing by a local hardware store first.if not Leespring.com, and try to find a "plastic" spring for it. Hardest hitting tube runs on "plastic".

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would probably swing by a local hardware store first.if not Leespring.com, and try to find a "plastic" spring for it. Hardest hitting tube runs on "plastic".
I should've said that part of the design is for all the current to run through the spring so i don't think plastic would work. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the offender in question
12a60cb607a920e2f6ad5cf56ff1a569.jpg
b5d303944fda0885f19ef2d16df11ff0.jpg
62b8ae158b9842458a6b6801b8a1f15b.jpg
d21242071543230bbf0a5317e65df4b6.jpg

Ignore the contact, I tried sanding it smooth with some 600 grit so the silver plating came off the edges.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like a beefy spring. Does it get hot?

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can try to build a micro coil and drop it in a hole where negative pin screws in. 6-7 wraps of 26g-28g small enough to fit in. That trick takes care of the hot switch most of the time. I heard that spring wrapped with Ka1 works as well but have not tried that one.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can try to build a micro coil and drop it in a hole where negative pin screws in. 6-7 wraps of 26g-28g small enough to fit in. That trick takes care of the hot switch most of the time. I heard that spring wrapped with Ka1 works as well but have not tried that one.
I just tried that and thanks, I can now vape at .5 ohm without getting hot button, at .15 it still gets hot but it's fine for what I'll use it for.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flattening thus increasing the area of the contact surfaces of the spring by sanding it some would probably help. Looks substantial enough.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flattening thus increasing the area of the contact surfaces of the spring by sanding it some would probably help. Looks substantial enough.
I'd hate to sand the silver plating off though, its incredibly thin, just a light sanding of the negative pin took all the plating off.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try to wrap spring with ka1, Ni80,orSS. What ever you have for coils. Kinda like Clapton but it should be loose. 1 wrap every 1/4 inch.
Your spring looks decent size although . It may be treading that is causing mod to heat up.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try to wrap spring with ka1, Ni80,orSS. What ever you have for coils. Kinda like Clapton but it should be loose. 1 wrap every 1/4 inch.
Your spring looks decent size although . It may be treading that is causing mod to heat up.
Thing is its not the mod just the button, I'm sure it's a design issue but I'd like to make it work because I did pay a decent amount for an authentic USA made mod.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try to wrap that spring, if it doesn't help you can always unwrap it. Wors case scenario you lost 10 " of resistance wire.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try to wrap that spring, if it doesn't help you can always unwrap it. Wors case scenario you lost 10 " of resistance wire.
Yea I'll try that, maybe it'll help. Mainly I just want to use it for my serpent mini as I have a petri lite that'll be here any day for using with my rdas

VU Sponsors