Become a Patron!

Where to get Vaperstek nic? Bull City no longer sells nicotine.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm considering getting into DIY juice and the consensus is that Vaperstek nicotine is the best, and one of the guides here linked Bull City as selling it, however due to state laws they don't sell it anymore. Any other resellers besides direct? The smallest container they sell is 120ml, I don't want to purchase that much to start, I'm just beginning to dabble and want to purchase small amounts to start to reduce my investment.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
None that I'm aware of. They do sell Throat Hit nic (which is kind of mild) for $25 a liter. You can store it in your freezer. TH nic is an oxidized nic, clear in color and still a clean flavor. It's the only one I use these days.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same here, HB; it's all I've used for over a year. I used to get those 120ml bottles, so I could start stockpiling incrementally, but when they dropped the price of the liters to $25, well I just had to grab one of those. :D But $10/120ml is still a great price; best I've seen on that small a quantity.

Andria

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is the nic at ecigexpress? They have all the FA flavors I want to try, and PG/VG is pretty inexpensive. Once I am comfortable with juice mixing I will likely buy a big bottle from vaperstek but for now I want just a little amount.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How is the nic at ecigexpress? They have all the FA flavors I want to try, and PG/VG is pretty inexpensive. Once I am comfortable with juice mixing I will likely buy a big bottle from vaperstek but for now I want just a little amount.
I've heard it's pretty good. I got some from them a while back that I didn't care for, but they've switched vendors since then, too.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I couldn't tell any diff between ECX's and wizLabs', or even VT's, for that matter. It's nicotine. All the chatter I've seen about "peppery" taste... I think some folks' imagination just runs wild -- I've never tasted pepper in any nicotine.

I wasn't thrilled with ECX's packaging, but I hear they've improved it tremendously.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can get some start up supplies & equipment and a variety of FA flavors at ECX for less than $50 out the door shipped. BOOM.

ECX also has the best price I've seen on their nicotine test kits. Haven't used it much, but it's nice to have, in case I need it.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Last batch I got from NudeNicotine on sale, seems just fine so far.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All the chatter I've seen about "peppery" taste... I think some folks' imagination just runs wild --

This post of mine is NOT directed at you AndriaD or anybody else in particular. Sometimes I just like to rant & rave. :)

<rant on>

I've read many opinions regarding nicotine tastes or lack of. Often there will be posts on both sides on the same nicotine.

Seldom do I see in these posts the amounts of nicotine used in the juice being reviewed. I may not detect any "peppery" sensation if the juice is at a 1-3mg level. On the other hand, if the nicotine amount is six or more times higher (at 18mg+), the "peppery" sensation may be very high. Just like adding just about any other flavor to a mix.

<rant off...raving maniac on>

I like the VT TH. As others mentioned, I too found it clean & clear and except for the TH, to me not much different than the regular VT. Being a Cheap Basta$d, I certainly like the low liter price. Unfortunately, after vaping 3 or so ml's @18mg, my throat hurts so much I have to stop. To me it's that painful. When I went from analogs to vaping I was initially using 36mg juice. (Thank You MBV! ;)) If instead of MBV I was using VT TH, I would have stopped vaping and gone back to the stinkies.

<rave off...maniac almost always on :D>

Just my 2 cents...

Ron
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use both feet."- Keith Richards

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This post of mine is NOT directed at you AndriaD or anybody else in particular. Sometimes I just like to rant & rave. :)

<rant on>

I've read many opinions regarding nicotine tastes or lack of. Often there will be posts on both sides on the same nicotine.

Seldom do I see in these posts the amounts of nicotine used in the juice being reviewed. I may not detect any "peppery" sensation if the juice is at a 1-3mg level. On the other hand, if the nicotine amount is six or more times higher (at 18mg+), the "peppery" sensation may be very high. Just like adding just about any other flavor to a mix.

I like the VT TH. As others mentioned, I too found it clean & clear and except for the TH, to me not much different than the regular VT. Being a Cheap Basta$d, I certainly like the low liter price. Unfortunately, after vaping 3 or so ml's @18mg, my throat hurts so much I have to stop. To me it's that painful. When I went from analogs to vaping I was initially using 36mg juice. (Thank You MBV! ;)) If instead of MBV I was using VT TH, I would have stopped vaping and gone back to the stinkies.

Just my 2 cents...

Ron
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use both feet."- Keith Richards
Nah, everyone has their likes and dislikes. I vaped a VT nic mix for a while, ran out of juice, had a bottle in my purse that I forgot was mixed with WL nic. I got punched in the throat by that one. We're all different.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

<rant on>

Just my 2 cents...

Ron
---

Hmm. I dunno; if they mean "sensation," then I guess I get it, but it's really nothing like pepper; good TH is more like a freshly-opened coke, a tingle, not a burn. But mostly they all say "peppery taste", and I don't get the taste of pepper from nicotine. Even when I used 10mg, it didn't taste like pepper.

And even when I used 10mg, I still used FA Flash to give more TH; now that I'm at 5mg, I use just slightly more Flash, but my tolerance for TH has declined pretty sharply over the 2 yrs I've vaped; now I just want to feel *something*, but it doesn't have to feel like a fresh coke, maybe more like a coke that's been opened for a few minutes. :D

Andria

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape at 12mg. I like the throat hit. I like black pepper. Maybe I should get some cheap rot gut nic? ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape at 12mg. I like the throat hit. I like black pepper. Maybe I should get some cheap rot gut nic? ;)

Or get some of the FlavorArt Flash -- I'm told that it's made with piperine, the essence of black pepper that gives it its tingle -- much softer than capsicum, which gives hot peppers their burn.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nooooo. It messes with flavor. I don't mind a slight peppery taste, but bad nic messes up everything. Ron linked to black pepper by FA. Seriously, dip a toothpick in that flavoring, swirl it in a mix and you notice it. It's actually quite good, too!! Doesn't suit all flavors, but does add a nice touch to some.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'm just being silly LOL... but seriously thanks for all the info. I've got a cart full of sample size stuff at ECX going to pull the trigger possibly this weekend!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Peppery could maybe also be described as "bitter tasting".
When I drip taste my finished mixes sometimes, I taste the main flavors at first, but then I get a bitter aftertaste.
Even at only 2mg, but I can still taste the bitter Nicotine, but it is normal for NIC to taste bitter.
But some may be more sensitive to this taste when vaping it too.
It just stands to reason, the higher the NIC you use, the more apparent the bitterness becomes.
TH is a totally different animal that's totally unrelated to the "peppery" or "bitterness" taste I think.
The Regular VT NIC is probably a better bet for those using the higher NIC levels especially.
And of course, all the Supertasters:D.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm. I dunno; if they mean "sensation," then I guess I get it, but it's really nothing like pepper; good TH is more like a freshly-opened coke, a tingle, not a burn. But mostly they all say "peppery taste", and I don't get the taste of pepper from nicotine. Even when I used 10mg, it didn't taste like pepper.

To me peppery and TH don't always go hand in hand. For instance, I get Plenty of TH from VT TH but no peppery sensation at all.

I too really don't get actual pepper (black, red or green) flavor from nicotine. I think many folks use "peppery" because it is the best flavor descriptor that comes to mind in an otherwise new & unique sensory event. Also, I believe some folks see other people use "peppery" in their description and they then use it too.;)

Ron
---
"It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears."- Rod Serling

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Peppery could maybe also be described as "bitter tasting".
When I drip taste my finished mixes sometimes, I taste the main flavors at first, but then I get a bitter aftertaste.
Even at only 2mg, but I can still taste the bitter Nicotine, but it is normal for NIC to taste bitter.
But some may be more sensitive to this taste when vaping it too.
It just stands to reason, the higher the NIC you use, the more apparent the bitterness becomes.
TH is a totally different animal that's totally unrelated to the "peppery" or "bitterness" taste I think.
The Regular VT NIC is probably a better bet for those using the higher NIC levels especially.
And of course, all the Supertasters:D.

That bitterness is precisely what I was after, when I first started vaping; I smoked Virginia Slims for 30+ yrs, and they're a great deal more bitter-tasting than many other popular brands -- to me, marlboro's tasted distinctly sweet and chocolatey; Winstons were more like dark or semi-sweet chocolate; Virginia Slims were more like hard cider. :D In fact, when I first started, I used Virginia from MFS, but I added a smidge of Oak Barrel Cider Pipe Sauce, to give it a touch more of that bitter apple taste. Now I can't abide that flavor, it tastes like towels that have been wadded up instead of hung up to dry. I've gone to the other extreme now, and vape strawberries & cream with 3% sweetener. :D

Andria

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nah, everyone has their likes and dislikes. I vaped a VT nic mix for a while, ran out of juice, had a bottle in my purse that I forgot was mixed with WL nic. I got punched in the throat by that one. We're all different.
My wizard labs taste like it smells. Fishy and harsh.
The nude nic is tasteless and had good throat hit @2.5mg/ml
I am gonna order some vt for my next order of nic (coming up soon)

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now I'm just being silly LOL... but seriously thanks for all the info. I've got a cart full of sample size stuff at ECX going to pull the trigger possibly this weekend!

I buy ecx nic. It's fine to me. I would always suggest buying a sample size first to see if you like it.
I have tried vaper tek nic once from the source and once from Bull city. My last purchase was from ecx and their nic is good to me. I do mix down to 6mg/mL and below.
Don't forget the vu coupon code
UNDERGROUND10

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here, HB; it's all I've used for over a year. I used to get those 120ml bottles, so I could start stockpiling incrementally, but when they dropped the price of the liters to $25, well I just had to grab one of those. :D But $10/120ml is still a great price; best I've seen on that small a quantity.

Andria
I like the $10/120ml. I think the last one I had lasted me better than six months. Didn't worry about freezing any of it, used it all from the original bottle. It may have gained a little color but it was good to the last drop.

VU Sponsors