Become a Patron!

WHERE TO PURCHASE PRE-BUILT FUSED CLAPTONS?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm really not understanding this Chinese wire is dangerous narrative. I am hoping someone can explain it to me. I know a lot people own sub ohm tanks like the Crown, STM, Cleito TFV4, and TFV8, These types of tanks are mainly used with pre built coil heads. These coil heads are made in China. Are they made from the same "dangerous wire" as the pre coiled coils we are talking about? I don't get it. Is China switching to safer wire to make the pre built coil heads? I just want to understand what makes one piece of wire dangerous and the other ok to vape? My premise is they are using the same if not very similar wire in both products.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks alot! I am currently awaiting restocking of the Coilmaster DIY V2 Kit, to begin wrapping coils. Would you say the Coilmaster Kit would serve good purpose or is there something else that may be better?

Thanks again!

The coilmaster jig, the one with the longer mandrels, is a useful tool. The rest of that kit is ~ok, but some of the pieces are like Dollar Store tools at a premium price. I think it was in the "Post your builds" thread that @raymo2u posted what you need and links to each item. You'll get much better quality and useful tools, and cheaper to boot.

Found it. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/post-your-builds.737/page-164#post-1057822
Post #8196

You're welcome...

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'm really not understanding this Chinese wire is dangerous narrative. I am hoping someone can explain it to me. I know a lot people own sub ohm tanks like the Crown, STM, Cleito TFV4, and TFV8, These types of tanks are mainly used with pre built coil heads. These coil heads are made in China. Are they made from the same "dangerous wire" as the pre coiled coils we are talking about? I don't get it. Is China switching to safer wire to make the pre built coil heads? I just want to understand what makes one piece of wire dangerous and the other ok to vape? My premise is they are using the same if not very similar wire in both products.
Exactly!!!!!
1. BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS THAT THE WIRE THEY USE IS DANGEROUS
2. ARENT THE PEOPLE MAKING THESE CLAIMS SOME OF THE SAME PEOPLE MONTHS AGO OR EVEN MORE RECENTLY RAVED ABOUT HOW GOOD THIS OR THAT PREMADE COILS WAS BEFORE THEY STARTED MAKING THEIR OWN COILS
3. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BASH THE CHINESE COILS SOLD FOR RTA/RDAS WHY ARENT YOU ALSO BASHING ALL THE OTHER CHINESE COILS ON THE MARKE. SOUNDS HYPOCRITICAL TO ME

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks alot! I am currently awaiting restocking of the Coilmaster DIY V2 Kit, to begin wrapping coils. Would you say the Coilmaster Kit would serve good purpose or is there something else that may be better?

Thanks again!
Careful with the Coilmaster jig, knurling on the holding screw will trash Clapton wire. This is the jig I use.

f5dd3cb20e74dcbb48feaf1d4b7a2f41.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I read that thread too, no scientific proof what-so-ever backing up the claim that chinese coils are detrimental to your health, total BS
Bullshit

But if you enjoy vaping oil, residue and what ever on the wire be my guest.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly!!!!!
1. BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS THAT THE WIRE THEY USE IS DANGEROUS
2. ARENT THE PEOPLE MAKING THESE CLAIMS SOME OF THE SAME PEOPLE MONTHS AGO OR EVEN MORE RECENTLY RAVED ABOUT HOW GOOD THIS OR THAT PREMADE COILS WAS BEFORE THEY STARTED MAKING THEIR OWN COILS
3. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BASH THE CHINESE COILS SOLD FOR RTA/RDAS WHY ARENT YOU ALSO BASHING ALL THE OTHER CHINESE COILS ON THE MARKE. SOUNDS HYPOCRITICAL TO ME
It's called quality control

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could buy a 10 year supply of SS430 from crazy wire for the cost of some of those custom coils. My .02
Crazy Wire has good wire, I get my 317L SS from them. Rest of my wire I get from Kidney Puncher. I make my own Clapton wire cause I like clean quality wire. I've never bought coils from Raymo or CrazyChef but from what I have seen they are both excellent. People who expect them to sell coils at the same price as mass produced are both being ridiculous and are ignorant.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't expect those guys to sell coils at the same price as massed produced coils. I mean after all, we're not communists. At least not yet. Let's see how this next election goes. I can't speak for Crazy Chef but I know Raymo2u does great work. I have ordered his coils and they have been in use for about 3 months now with no sign of wear. I dry fire them when I rewick and they look brand new. I just don't understand how the mass produced coils can be so bad when the coil heads most of us use are mass produced as well? I will say this, I have ordered mass produced coils from China and they do not last nearly as long as the coils I bought from Raymo2u. I do make sure I dry burn them first just in case there is some junk on them. That being said I kind of knew that when I bought them or I at least expected that. Flavor wise Raymo2u coils are much better as well. I guess it all comes down to personal choice and budget. Let's hope it's not a safety issue but if it is then I would venture to say that the pre built heads are just as unsafe.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Careful with the Coilmaster jig, knurling on the holding screw will trash Clapton wire. This is the jig I use.

f5dd3cb20e74dcbb48feaf1d4b7a2f41.jpg

I just wish the posts were a bit longer....like a inch longer lol but this is also my favorite jig...I fastened a magnet inside to hold the posts in also because I didnt like how they could slip out...I lost my 3mm post because of that.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't expect those guys to sell coils at the same price as massed produced coils. I mean after all, we're not communists. At least not yet. Let's see how this next election goes. I can't speak for Crazy Chef but I know Raymo2u does great work. I have ordered his coils and they have been in use for about 3 months now with no sign of wear. I dry fire them when I rewick and they look brand new. I just don't understand how the mass produced coils can be so bad when the coil heads most of us use are mass produced as well? I will say this, I have ordered mass produced coils from China and they do not last nearly as long as the coils I bought from Raymo2u. I do make sure I dry burn them first just in case there is some junk on them. That being said I kind of knew that when I bought them or I at least expected that. Flavor wise Raymo2u coils are much better as well. I guess it all comes down to personal choice and budget. Let's hope it's not a safety issue but if it is then I would venture to say that the pre built heads are just as unsafe.
Run an alcohol pad down wire from UD, Wotofo, etc. You'll see the nasty shit residue. With that level of quality control one also has to wonder about the wire composition itself. Same goes with a lot of other wire.

Wire I like from Kidney Puncher is smelted in Sweden and milled in the US (stainless steel). Their Kanthal is actual Sandvik Kanthal. It's clean and no off taste / break in period. Shout out to Raymo for turning me on to it.

Other quality wire I've used is Temco, I prefer KP and CW, but Temco is clean and decent. Then after that I've had luck with K.Bee and Pure Atomist.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hear you Ro55co but I think you missed the point of my post. The point is, if precoiled coils from China are unsafe, unhealthy, or bad then it would stand to reason that the same pre built coil heads from China are just as bad. Like I said I would venture that the same kind of materials are being used in those coil heads.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Its just a preference thing when it comes to people making purchases. Some will buy things and not care for where it came from or how its made while others do. I never wanted to jump into the thread as I know it wouldnt lead to any good but no matter whats said the people that buy what they buy-buy it because thats what they feel is right for them and nothing said will change that.
Much like in the Food business, Auto and Audio Industry, Tech & Cosmetics outfits and more some people have more leniency with products then others. There are others that are more strict with what they use because they want to know where it came from, its composition, who made it and how it was processed and these are the people that will pay the couple dollars more to feel they've gotten a better product.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wish the posts were a bit longer....like a inch longer lol but this is also my favorite jig...I fastened a magnet inside to hold the posts in also because I didnt like how they could slip out...I lost my 3mm post because of that.
What, you don't use the easy coil, super duper electric coil jig by Ronco?........... lol

Yeah I know what you mean, I use the posts from my Coilmaster when mounting. That's really the only thing I use the CM jig for or on the extremely rare occasion I use standard wire.

I was watching a YouTube from Squid Dude and saw him using the UD, bought a couple and it's the best I've found. I also got some SS rods for rc car's from 1mm-5mm, been looking around for a decent small bench vise to get so I can use them. Last two I ordered from Amazon were pure shit and had to return.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its just a preference thing when it comes to people making purchases. Some will buy things and not care for where it came from or how its made while others do. I never wanted to jump into the thread as I know it wouldnt lead to any good but no matter whats said the people that buy what they buy buy it because thats what they feel is right for them and nothing said will change it.
Much like the Food business, Car industry, Cosmetics and more some people have more leniency with products then others. There are others that are more strict with what they use because they want to know where it came from, its composition, who made it and how it was processed and these are the people that will pay the couple dollars more to feel they've gotten a better product.
Thing is the quality wire really isn't that much more than the crap wire, sometimes even cheaper.

I just don't understand the obsession for saving maybe $2. Yes price does matter but quality is a major factor, especially something that I take into my body.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To each his own, but if some one is going to state they are a health risk, they better have the facts to back it up

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To each his own, but if some one is going to state they are a health risk, they better have the facts to back it up
So vaping oil and whatever other residue is healthy?

OK, go right ahead and be my guest

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear you Ro55co but I think you missed the point of my post. The point is, if precoiled coils from China are unsafe, unhealthy, or bad then it would stand to reason that the same pre built coil heads from China are just as bad. Like I said I would venture that the same kind of materials are being used in those coil heads.

Not saying all is bad, but you have to be very careful and very selective. Wire isn't just wire, a lot of factors come into play. Quality control, how it's smelted, how it's milled, cleaning, etc, etc. Saying it's all the same or even safe is like saying a Yugo is as safe and sound as a Mercedes. Better example would be that a Trustfire battery is as safe as a Samsung, they have the same ratings on the label.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Not bad, they were the best I had found before I started spinning my own. I do get a bit of a taste from them. I would recommend running the coils through the ultrasonic before vaping though.

ok here's where you get confusing to me @ro55co
the chinese coils you got were dirty covered in oil and residue and you trashed them
but then you recommend running the coils through an ultrsonic

so which is it
if the wire is just covered in residue and oil from china why not just run it through the ultrasonic as well

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So vaping oil and whatever other residue is healthy?

OK, go right ahead and be my guest

Your twist on words is typical of a butt-kisser, seen it before and I am sure I'll see it again, good day mr. bearded one

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
this is getting hysterical to me/
ive seen the don't buy this, it will kill you argument since I started vaping
lately ive seen these damn coil arguments for weeks - it has officially gotten old
think of it this way., who is making the argument and what do they have to gain? - look at its roots

first it was mods. - all china mods were junk time bombs that would decimate an urban area if you used it.
then it was juice, juice x will kill you, with the 8th plague if you vape it
and then wicking material, if you didn't dance around the fire; and, ask ester for a special blessing on your cotton balls you would die of tuberculosis.
and then we had metal types.
nickel would give you cysts in your lungs and titanium would render you a steril unic.
finally, now we have county of origin of prewrapped coils.
if it has an area code in china it will kill you but if its made bny one of handful people in the usa and costs 4 times as much you bought your passage to vape heaven.

------
we have enough fucking problems as vapors, we have common enemies and enemas.
can we try ..just try to not scathe people over their private purchases -
if someone feels better paying 25 bucks for a coil that's there perogitve, if someone wants to buy 40 for a dollar that is theres as well .

we need a back to basics moment it seems. - we don't smoke. we already won the battle. time to finish the war the fda and let the bullshit go.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok here's where you get confusing to me @ro55co
the chinese coils you got were dirty covered in oil and residue and you trashed them
but then you recommend running the coils through an ultrsonic

so which is it
if the wire is just covered in residue and oil from china why not just run it through the ultrasonic as well
The wire from UD had the residue, I trashed all of it. Also had other Clapton wire that would smoke when pulsing, I trashed that wire also. The MFS wire that I recommend running through the ultrasonic before using gave a metallic taste is why I recommend running through the ultrasonic.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lately ive seen these damn coil arguments for weeks - it has officially gotten old
think of it this way., who is making the argument and what do they have to gain? - look at its roots

first it was mods. - all china mods were junk time bombs that would decimate an urban area if you used it.
and then wicking material, if you didn't dance around the fire; and, ask ester for a special blessing on your cotton balls you would die of tuberculosis.
nickel would give you cysts in your lungs and titanium would render you a steril unic.
if it has an area code in china it will kill you but if its made bny one of handful people in the usa and costs 4 times as much you bought your passage to vape heaven.

------
if someone feels better paying 25 bucks for a coil that's there perogitve, if someone wants to buy 40 for a dollar that is theres as well .

we need a back to basics moment it seems. - we don't smoke. we already won the battle. time to finish the war the fda and let the bullshit go.
People get their panties in a bunch when others don't agree with their choices/opinions.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

------

great points
im tired of seeing good people make false claims about their products or use scare-mongering to justify prices etc. stuff form china is going to be cheaper. but its QC may not be what you get from somewhere else

If you do not know for certain with data to back you up about health concerns....you shouldn't make them... I mean we bitch about all the news articles and statements from politicians that do that.

People who make handmade coils like ray and chef and everyone else have so much more to say about their quality, customer service passion etc that can and do sell their products that they do not need to resort to the unsubstantiated information about health issues with different metals, that they do not even know for sure the metals the other companies are using.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The wire from UD had the residue, I trashed all of it. Also had other Clapton wire that would smoke when pulsing, I trashed that wire also. The MFS wire that I recommend running through the ultrasonic before using gave a metallic taste is why I recommend running through the ultrasonic.

and why cant you just clean the residue off

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and why cant you just clean the residue off
Well you can but if the quality control is so bad that they ship filthy wire it doesn't say much about the quality of smelting or other points in production.

Basically I won't trust it. There are better sources

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just want to be clear that my panties were in no way bunched up. In fact, to be honest my boxer briefs are kind of on the loose side. Since I have been vaping I have dropped a few pounds. I have no problem with anyone intelligently disagreeing with me or anyone else. Nor do I necessarily agree with one side or the other. I just wanted to know the facts that backed up said opinions.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just want to be clear that my panties were in no way bunched up. In fact, to be honest my boxer briefs are kind of on the loose side. Since I have been vaping I have dropped a few pounds. I have no problem with anyone intelligently disagreeing with me or anyone else. Nor do I necessarily agree with one side or the other. I just wanted to know that facts that backed up said opinions.

Yep, I dropped a bit over 40 lbs.

People just need to take opinions and experience of others then form their own.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing though that I can't understand is this. Unless one has just started on RDA'S/RTA's or have a physical disability why they would buy pre-made coils. That is unless it's an elaborate coil that makes sense. But basic coils, Clapton, Fused Clapton and other coils that wire is available really isn't much of a reason not to build your own. Stuns me when I see people with RDA'S and even mechs go into the B&M to have them do a build. Hell I was in my local B&M and met a guy who was legally blind who just got into building, he builds his own, what's their excuse other than laziness? .

So what will they do when the 8th hits and the FDA regulations puts a complete stop to B&M's building?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One thing though that I can't understand is this. Unless one has just started on RDA'S/RTA's or have a physical disability why they would buy pre-made coils. That is unless it's an elaborate coil that makes sense. But basic coils, Clapton, Fused Clapton and other coils that wire is available really isn't much of a reason not to build your own. Stuns me when I see people with RDA'S and even mechs go into the B&M to have them do a build. Hell I was in my local B&M and met a guy who was legally blind who just got into building. So what will they do when the 8th hits and the FDA regulations puts a complete stop to B&M's building?

I can answer that. I know in my my case I'm just lazy and I just don't have the skills or the desire to aquire them. Why should I when there are guys like Raymo2u around that will make them better than I ever could? I'm lucky I can make a basic coil, forget about claptons and aliens. It's just not worth my time or effort. I do have respect for guys that can and do have those skills. Personally for me it's just not worth it. I'd rather just pay for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can answer that. I know in my my case I'm just lazy and I just don't have the skills or the desire to aquire them. Why should I when there are guys like Raymo2u around that will make them better than I ever could? I'm lucky I can make a basic coil, forget about claptons and aliens. It's just not worth my time or effort. I do have respect for guys that can and do have those skills. Personally for me it's just not worth it. I'd rather just pay for it.

Fair enough.

But you at least put it in yourself and not go to a B&M?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fair enough.

But you at least put it in yourself and not go to a B&M?

Of course. I can mount a coil no problem. I've only been using RTA's for a few months. At first it was a challenge just to mount and wick a coil. Now I do it no problem.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course. I can mount a coil no problem. I've only been using RTA's for a few months. At first it was a challenge just to mount and wick a coil. Now I do it no problem.

Yeah I assumed so, I really do wonder what people who won't even wick for themselves are going to do after the 8th.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, this place has got more bunched up panties than a changing room in a strip club. Lmfao.

That's not saying much, most dancers I know don't wear them and I've had a couple of roommates that were ;)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok fair enough. This place has got more bunched up panties than the discount bin at Walmart. How's that?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm just curious of something I can't understand.

I don't wear panties, I rather enjoy the free breaze.

I find it amusing that you care so much where anyone else spends their money. like a coil by special friend is some prestige thing.
it also amazes me when I see someone get so butthurt because someone else chooses to not pay that much for something. I cant understand what you would have to gain for that.

the members here are some of the most educated in vaping, I remember when you were here looking for answers and someone tried giving you a hard sell. many of the same people you are giving grief to for where they choose to spend there money spoke up to help guide you.

if anyone is having their undergarments bunched in their nethe- regions I would say its you.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't wear panties, I rather enjoy the free breaze.

I find it amusing that you care so much where anyone else spends their money. like a coil by special friend is some prestige thing.
it also amazes me when I see someone get so butthurt because someone else chooses to not pay that much for something. I cant understand what you would have to gain for that.

the members here are some of the most educated in vaping, I remember when you were here looking for answers and someone tried giving you a hard sell. many of the same people you are giving grief to for where they choose to spend there money spoke up to help guide you.

if anyone is having their undergarments bunched in their nethe- regions I would say its you.

I don't care, just putting out my opinion and what I have seen. If someone chooses something else I could care less.

So what are you referring about the hard sell?

VU Sponsors