Become a Patron!

Where to start?

Hi I am Blair a new member. I would like to vape but I do not smoke, are there any recommendations like nicotine free or something for non smokers. I have seen women vaping, are they all smokers?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Blair Vernon and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

I do not recommend a Non Smoker starts vaping but that is just my opinion. Yes, there are Zero Nicotine e-Liquids and other liquids like Botani Vapes you could look into.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm with Steve here.
If you never smoked, don't start vaping.
I started smoking when I was 16 years old because it was "cool"
I started vaping because it was the only thing that got me off the smokes.
If you want to start vaping because it's "cool' then that's your decision.
But I wouldn't do it. It's just an added expense you probably don't need.
Shit, I sound like a parent. Always swore that wouldn't happen.
Oh Well!

Welcome @Blair Vernon and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

I do not recommend a Non Smoker starts vaping but that is just my opinion. Yes, there are Zero Nicotine e-Liquids and other liquids like Botani Vapes you could look into.
Thanks for the welcome SteveS45! Thanks as well for sharing your view. I am looking and reading more about 0 nic e-liquids. I am just thinking that vaping is not going to be the next or future cigar

I'm with Steve here.
If you never smoked, don't start vaping.
I started smoking when I was 16 years old because it was "cool"
I started vaping because it was the only thing that got me off the smokes.
If you want to start vaping because it's "cool' then that's your decision.
But I wouldn't do it. It's just an added expense you probably don't need.
Shit, I sound like a parent. Always swore that wouldn't happen.
Oh Well!
Thanks Pastorfuzz, yeah you sounded like my parent :) haha. I know and feel that you are talking base on experience and as what they say wisdom comes from experience, regardless if you are a parent or not but still you sounded like my mom :D

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi I am Blair a new member. I would like to vape but I do not smoke, are there any recommendations like nicotine free or something for non smokers. I have seen women vaping, are they all smokers?
First off, if you don't smoke, you really don't need to start vaping. We vape because we have to, to quit smoking as other methods have failed. Now, that said..
IF you are really determined that you want to vape for whatever your reasons, first off.. use 0mg nicotine ejuice. No sense starting an addiction you don't have. Some people just vape for social reasons, or to do vape tricks or enter competitions (again, this is where 0mg nicotine surpasses any juice with nicotine) Some people vape to reduce what they eat. Your reasons are your own. Now having said all that, refer back to the start... if you don't smoke, you don't really need to put chemicals into your body that you weren't born with. Vaping is not 100% safe but it is 95% safer than smoking tobacco. I had a choice... smoke and die of cancer or vape and take a chance on needing an inhaler (puffer) 20 years from now.. I chose the puffer.

Thanks gbalkam. reading your advice and the others greatly proves your wisdom and vast knowledge in vaping. kudos to all! I am still reading, researching more about vaping and questions keep coming as I learn more about it. questions like if a non smoker vapes, he/she will be considered a smoker?

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A vaper is not a smoker unless he or she does both.

That being said, there are ignorant people who can't tell the difference. Inhaling something you enjoy and blowing out something that resembles smoke is taboo according to the fun police. This includes ex-smokers who do not vape.

You will need to follow the same rules as smokers in most places, about where you can go to vape.

A few employers, especially heath care related, will test for nicotine. Life insurance companies often test also. Not an issue if you vape with 0 nicotine.

The FDA termed vaping products as tobacco, even without nicotine. This helps them to regulate, and helps states and certain cities to add tax. Minimum age is the same for vaping and smoking.

Vapor has no combustion and therefore no smoke. The little odor it has is pleasant, and doesn't smell like a chimney.

As the reviewer Daniel from djlsb vapes reminds us at the start of every video-

Be aware of the people around you when vaping in public, and be respectful.

Most of the vapers I know used it to quit, or to smoke less while working on quitting. I always feel good when a former heavy smoker is vaping instead, trying to be more healthy.

A vaper is not a smoker unless he or she does both.

That being said, there are ignorant people who can't tell the difference. Inhaling something you enjoy and blowing out something that resembles smoke is taboo according to the fun police. This includes ex-smokers who do not vape.

You will need to follow the same rules as smokers in most places, about where you can go to vape.

A few employers, especially heath care related, will test for nicotine. Life insurance companies often test also. Not an issue if you vape with 0 nicotine.

The FDA termed vaping products as tobacco, even without nicotine. This helps them to regulate, and helps states and certain cities to add tax. Minimum age is the same for vaping and smoking.

Vapor has no combustion and therefore no smoke. The little odor it has is pleasant, and doesn't smell like a chimney.

As the reviewer Daniel from djlsb vapes reminds us at the start of every video-

Be aware of the people around you when vaping in public, and be respectful.

Most of the vapers I know used it to quit, or to smoke less while working on quitting. I always feel good when a former heavy smoker is vaping instead, trying to be more healthy.

Thanks for clearing that out mikeyboy74 :)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't advise or help non-smokers learn to vape. Period.

My biggest "OMGWTF areyoukiddingme!?" was trying to get an EE interested in designing a board - and he decided to take up vaping, (having never smoked); and then he added nicotine, (having never smoked); and then he added DIY ejuice, (and still had never smoked).. I wanted to fly across the country and beat him with a 2x4..

Oh. And, no - I never got an iota of EE/board out of him. *sigh* Some days, you just want to run people thru a wood-chipper.

I smoke but I take just 2 to 3 cigarettes a week, especially when I drunk. Should I start to vape? And How can I start?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard.....do whatever you want too.......:vino:

WotofoOfficial

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Challenge Sponsor
you can start off with a beginner kit with a replaceable coilhead and purchase 0 nicotine juices from the local shops. no worries there just remember to read the manual for the installation and use of the mod
keep safe and enjoy vaping

VU Sponsors