VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al-Qaeda hijacked four airplanes and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States. Two of the planes were flown into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Almost 3,000 people were killed during the 9/11 terrorist attacks, which triggered major U.S. initiatives to combat terrorism and defined the presidency of George W. Bush.

Below is a video I put together of some Aerial photos I obtained the day after 911 which I have never shown anyone.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
I was a Tennessee brat living on Long Island. Nurse girlfriend returned home, woke me up, and my perception of the world was changed forever. And I've been cursing those 7th century goat fokkers ever since.

I have never forgotten.......

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I was in my small apartment in Scottsdale and woken by my a call from my father at 7am. "Turn on the TV quick", he said. "What channel!" I asked. "Any one", he remarked. We stayed on the phone through the entire nightmare.

I have a post for Monday.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had walked down the road. Got into her granddad's house, got a cup of coffee and went to sit down beside him in the kitchen. I go to standing by the table, glanced up to look at a weather report, only it wasn't the weather report. Everything was silent. Everything was still. There were long minutes of silence and stillness. Her granddad pushed the chair out for me. I sat, we sat watching. The whole incendent to me and him appeared a grand tragedy. Neither of us could speak, only look to one another and shake our heads, sigh.

We were supposed to have gone out for some timbering, then if I recall correctly some looking over places to set out trap lines. None of that got done. Me and him agreed in a view which stated an understanding. This was not done by simple minded folks. Excuse me, will digress as blood seems keen to boil. There's much I know and much I do not. Either way I keep concluding the same basic things and theydo not seem good at all.

So, I was at the wife's granddad's house. We ended up stuck for a spell. Maybe some are still stuck?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was leaving for work, when I saw my neighbor returning home. I asked if she was sick, since she should've still been at work. "We're under a terrorist attack.", she said. I kind of froze, she turned to go into her apartment. I ran to my car, drove to work in a panic. At the time, I was working with my dad. I got out of my car, screaming "Dad, Dad, Dad!" and he met me half way, telling me he was listening to the radio, knew what was going on.

A co-worker lived nearby, so she drove home, grabbed a small TV and came back and we all watched the news together. As customers came in, unaware of the events, they kind of stuck around, listening for small bits of time. A terribly somber day, one that shook us all to the core.

As most of us certainly feel, I'll never forget the fear and sadness of that day. I still feel that bit of panic when I see a breaking news alert on TV.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still remember it like it was yesterday repeated dialing the phone to contact family and friends who were in the city and smelling the smoke for weeks after the towers fell. Lost many friends that day and in the years after from those who were 1st Responders.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And we are sending more troops to Afganistan....

I was living in Tampa, FL. This September 11 will likely be a memorable day for Tampa.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was sitting on my sofa watching it on TV. I saw the second plane hit. It sucked all the air out of my body and I couldn't stop crying or shaking. I still think about it all the time. :(

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was mowing grass at work. I didn't hear about it until lunch and it took a few minutes to figure out what they were talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was in 6th grade. I was in my First period science class working on some work out on the porch (my school had some classes in trailers, in GA). All of a sudden my teacher runs out of the class yelling "Oh my god, oh my god". I went back in and they told me there was a terrorist attack in NY. I didn't find out the full details till I got home and watched the news.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was living in the UAE, and still am. My wife had come into my office at home to tell me that a plane had hit the tower. I just thought it was a small private plane and didn't give it any thought. I didn't see any video of it until the next day.

When I went to my classes at the university all of my students sincerely expressed their condolences. No one in this country saw anyone celebrating or gloating. I saw the video the next day when I was in a restaurant I frequent. I was stunned, then infuriated. It doesn't seem like it's been this many years ago.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Currently watching the reading of the names and every year I see another familiar name and picture of someone I remember from years ago.

We will Never Forget

upload_2017-9-11_9-37-16.jpeg

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let us not forget the other four heroes from another 9/11. :sad:

14322288_1258552960835733_1064227689497689082_n.jpg

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I didn't know it had happened until the morning of the 12th. Had GMA on while getting ready for work and saw video, thought it was a movie trailer. When I got to work I learned the truth. To this day I cannot put to words the feelings that washed over me. I seldom cry, I cry every anniversary of this terrible event. On the 11th was out at the lake partying and went to bed as soon I got home. None of us had a clue. What I wouldn't give to have those few hours of unknowing bliss back.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was ironing my Air Force uniform watching the planes hit the buildings thinking what in world is happening.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I actually cannot watch anything about this because I get so angry. I also get angry of the ignorance of people that can't see the forest for the trees.

Now I have to unwatch this thread.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
getting ready for school (high school).

fuck the system and fuck the terrorist!

Cloud Chasing

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Condolences to those whose memories and losses on this day are still fresh

Was in Anchorage on 9/11 - four hours behind NY time. We were there because my husband had a doctor appointment in the morning and I was going to fly out to Oakland, California to have a meet up with my two brothers.

We were at a Best Western hotel, and we got up at 6 a.m. My husband did something I always find irritating: he turned on the TV, then disappeared into the bathroom. It was on VH1, there was a live feed of the towers smoking and on fire, and a Steve Winwood video was playing in a box on the corner.

Looked like a fire to me and as I got up to turn the TV off, and (still half asleep) realized it was something deeper than that. Turned the channel and got the shock of my life :(

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was closing on my house and all the phone lines went down. They were able to somehow get it done. I had gone out for a smoke and saw the tower on fire. I went back inside and came out later and it was gone. I watched them being built from my childhood home in Staten Island as a kid and I watched them disappear from closing on my own home. Strange. Thoughts and prayers to all those lost, the families and anyone still suffering from anything related to the aftermath !

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
preparing to trade stocks watching cnbc, walking back from the kitchen to my office with a cup of coffee past the L/R tv,,,,,,then i watched the 'futures' collapse. as soon as i comprehended what i thought was an attack,,,,,,,i grabbed the car keys and filled up my suv, came back filled up my husbands truck, ran to the grocery store and bought a lot of groceries.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was driving to work and as I was raised by a Marine I noticed all the flags in little Avon CO were at half-mast.

I walked into work asking ppl why all the flags were like that and the 1st AD grabbed me and shoved me in front of a computer playing MSNBC.

I remember thinking I had done something wrong by sleeping late that day. That just by not being witness to it I had sinned somehow.

I remember frantically trying to reach my family and the sheer relief at finally getting through.

I remember all if us on set trying to reach out to friends and family in NYC.

I remember the calls coming in. Some were okay. Some ...were gone.

Horrible day. Sad day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was sitting in my kitchen coding, trying to learn HTML/CSS. I never watch TV in the daytime and my mom knew that; she called me right after the first tower fell and told me to turn on the TV, any channel. I did, apparently RIGHT after the 2nd plane hit, because the 2nd tower was on fire, but still standing; I saw the huge terrifying black cloud when it came down, and everyone running in terror. It was very hard at first for me to figure out what was happening; my mind just couldn't seem to grasp that some fucking brainwashed fuckhead asshats had done such a thing on purpose, to innocent people. It was only when the station switched to the news from the Pentagon that I really understood what had happened. Then I heard the audio from the plane in PA, and realized that America still had some heroes, who had just sacrificed themselves to prevent more widespread death.

I was already in a fairly perilous mental/emotional condition thx to peri-menopause and PTSD from a mobile-home fire; 9/11 made my entire world stop, and I retreated to my easy chair and Regency romances for a good 3 months; it took a month for me to decide to turn off the continuing coverage and just pay attention to those lightweight romances. A year or so later I suffered a complete "nervous breakdown," and came very close to suicide; If not for my family's very-confused support, good therapy, and Effexor, I'm quite sure I wouldn't have made it.

It's probably not very American of me, but I still have a major grudge against anyone in a turban, and against women being forced to wear the black Hefty bags just to go out in public.

Andria

VU Sponsors