Become a Patron!

Which Are You?

Karebear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I READ enough to make my own conclusions without wasting a whole lot of my time, You can thank me later:cool::cool::D

What are your conclusions and what will he be thanking you for??

Another Saga of questions for your studies I see, Thread merged to your main one
This sounds dismissive and insulting

geared towards him doing a "personal" study
Quotation marks used in this way screams sarcasm!
My husband is a great man! He is the smartest man I know, and he could bring great things here, but just because he is asking questions, you think he has some secret agenda? Oh crap, this is ECF all over again!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was addressed to another member

Wasn't intended

Wasn't intended
My husband is a great man! He is the smartest man I know, and he could bring great things here, but just because he is asking questions, you think he has some secret agenda? Oh crap, this is ECF all over again!
Beg to differ, if it was ECF this thread would probably not be liked by staff and deleted

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Warm and sunny here in the Southland.. Got the 5th wheel ready for the El Nino rains coming this winter.. Lol
da2362202159d38f61550750f6db03dc.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok, first thing, are you implying that my husband is working for a company? I can assure you he is not. He is very inquisitive; you ought to see what he does to new people in person. second thing, why not start a studies forum? That could be cool.
A little insulting, but true.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Good catches, sweetie! Thank you.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ummmm what happened?
Karen saw my post wondering about my threads being moved/merged, then she evidently combed the thread, looking for any evidence that i was being insulted. You have to understand, we never speak of the forum to each other; it's sort of a game. That way, it's all fresh when we read each other's posts. It's a fun way to drop in love notes during the day. Karen is a very passionate woman, and gets very upset if anyone insults me in the slightest; it's almost like having my ego back. She is my life, and most of what I do, I do for her. She does the same.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Karen saw my post wondering about my threads being moved/merged, then she evidently combed the thread, looking for any evidence that i was being insulted. You have to understand, we never speak of the forum to each other; it's sort of a game. That way, it's all fresh when we read each other's posts. It's a fun way to drop in love notes during the day. Karen is a very passionate woman, and gets very upset if anyone insults me in the slightest; it's almost like having my ego back. She is my life, and most of what I do, I do for her. She does the same.
No love notes on the bathroom stall

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since nearly all vapers are current or former smokers, I believe I can safely assume everyone here has been a smoker. That said, I would like to know, for my own study, whether you are an early or late beginning smoker. This is not merely an "age started" thing, but rather a question of motives. Let me explain these categories a little.
Early- Generally start smoking very young, perhaps under 14, but this age line is not set in stone. The more important thing is why they start. People in this category truly desire to smoke before they start. They see grown-ups blowing out clouds, and wish to do it themselves. There is a certain allure or magic to it. If the desire begins before about age 8, they often develop a smoking fetish via imprinting. I personally like to refer to this group as "magical smokers" or "sensual smokers".
Late- Usually start smoking in high school, but sometimes in jr.high or college. Their given reasons usually include: "Everyone else is doing it" and "I want to fit in". In other words, they begin smoking for purely social reasons; hence, I refer to tese as "practical smokers" or "social smokers". I do realize that "social smokers" is usually used to refer to light and occasional smokers, but humor me for the purpose of this discussion.
The questions- Did you start for sensual or social reasons?
How old were you?
How does this relate to your personality; are you an introvert or extrovert?
How does this relate to your vaping style: are you a "cloud chaser" or a "tootle puffer"? Sub-ohm or eGo? Lung pumper or mouth-to-lung?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think the point is it was so far 4 different posts with multiple questions; which, all summate to; at the very least, a study.

If you ask an open question to members to satisfy your own curiosity via consensus, it evidently constitutes a study.

You have to realize how it looks to us, doc.
New member and almost all of your posts were an interview. What response were you expecting? Especially after you obviously had already pre-judged us as being beneath you intellectually.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry for the bad wording there. perhaps I should have written "my own ruminatory deliberation"?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the point is it was so far 4 different posts with multiple questions; which, all summate to; at the very least, a study.

New member and almost all of your posts were an interview. What response were you expecting? Especially after you obviously had already pre-judged us as being beneath you intellectually.
Here is a great example too
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/working-on-a-study-about-vaping.159324/page-2

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Originally, the questions were separate, mostly because I posted them as they occurred to me. Were they meant to be asked all at once, I would have organized them into some kind of survey. Then all the questions would appear in the first post, thereby avoiding the confusion that merging them into this clusterfuck has created.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Originally, the questions were separate, mostly because I posted them as they occurred to me. Were they meant to be asked all at once, I would have organized them into some kind of survey. Then all the questions would appear in the first post, thereby avoiding the confusion that merging them into this clusterfuck has created.
Therefore that is why the threads got merged after a discussion was had among staff and you should be able to edit your first post to put your questions all together.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the one I was looking for! I thought this was the doc! I couldn't remember the name; but, this was the one that made me wonder what was going on at first.

Doc-read the OP and tell me why we should not question your motives.
Nope. Not me.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Doc-read the OP and tell me why we should not question your motives.
Well, that's the last time I use an online thesaurus to find a simpler word for the one rattling around in my head!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nope. Not me.
I know that's not you, that was not the point.
The point was, you are not the first person to ask us about a study. The concept is not that original. You are; however, the first to ask about a study without having a goal, endgame or motive. So I was asking you to put yourself in you subject position and you will see why we are wary.
Additionally some advice for you was given just this morning on how you can go about having a better relationship here if your motives are truly benign.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Therefore that is why the threads got merged after a discussion was had among staff and you should be able to edit your first post to put your questions all together.
But, you see, the questions are all over the place! It's actually worse than it is in my head! I didn't think that was possible.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know that's not you, that was not the point.
The point was, you are not the first person to ask us about a study. The concept is not that original. You are; however, the first to ask about a study without having a goal, endgame or motive. So I was asking you to put yourself in you subject position and you will see why we are wary.
Additionally some advice for you was given just this morning on how you can go about having a better relationship here if your motives are truly benign.
My motives are simple. I listed them around here somewhere.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sorry, I just say what's on my mind, was I supposed to use a word with more syllables someplace?
No, when I used the word "study" in the OP. Looking at it now, it doesn't even make grammatical sense in the sentence.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Start a new thread then (in this area) I will not merge, best I can do.
Give me time to actually organize all this crap, then I'll post. Right now I have Assholes at my door, and I'm fresh outta Preparation H.

Karebear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep, I do! You are my world! Love ya!!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Some hobbyist vapers are a very paranoid lot. I'm surprised they didn't accuse you guys of being ANTS or from the Government...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would not be paranoid if Phil Busardo would quit peeking through my bathroom windows from bushes outside.

And Taping MY PHONE

And going through my Garbage!

VU Sponsors