Become a Patron!

Which box mod would you guys get?

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, I've been looking to get a nice, regulated box mod for about a month now....but with all of the new ones coming out lately...I have been sorting of waiting, seeing what's what, and not jumping to anything too soon.

So far, here is what I've been looking at:

Simeiyue 180w $98

Cloupor 100w $81

IPV2 v2 50w $85

IPV3 150w

Fatboy 100w $100, dual 18650

Sigelei 100w, dual 18650

Ideally, I would like to get one of those 6 listed above, unless someone has a much better suggestion to offer (I'm all ears).

Any experience with the above box mods? Any reason I should choose one over the other?

The 3 I'm eying the MOST are the IPV2 (yes...2..not 3, because its 50bux cheaper, and I don't really need more than 50w), the Fatboy, and the Sigelei.

Please help!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am watching those as well.

But if you think you can live with a 30 watt max, the Dovpo E-MECH is really nice and I have seen them for as low as $67 shipped on Ebay.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had the cloupor dna 30 for about a month now and I love it. Just got my sigelei 100w yesterday and so far I'm really impressed with it.

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks guys. Hopefully more will weigh in! I'd love to purchase one of these box mods today...I just need to hear from more vapers in the field!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am debating a god box if it does fire below .5.. if not then it is all flash in the pan hype for my usage.
Been seriously considering a 180w raptor mod if I can find one I like or tackling that project myself.

Other things come first before I spend that money there.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure you can go wrong with any of those you're looking at.

In addition, the eLeaf iStick would be a great back-up to have.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Sig for sure , excellent reviews , unsure of who's handling the warranty but if it's NOT Asmodus thats a HUGE plus . Asmodus constantly changes things and does not keep promises, doesn't matter what your warranty card promises in writing either , expect them to make changes and not stand by it.

P4U has refused to comment about it and will not return emails about it from people that are outraged over it , screw them.

nashman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup, P4U's biggest screwup was allowing Asmodus to handle all warranty claims , they have no idea just how much business they have lost over it , i personally know a lot of people who bought a different mod because of it .

I would stay away from the God 180 watt , nobody has any clue to it's build or chip quality , thats a real shot in the dark , looks very cheap to me.

I love the Cloupor's construction and price but their chips and engineering are very very questionable. Why can't anybody offer a Cloupor box with a Yi Hi chip , SOLD LOL.

The Cloupor T5 had issues so i have serious doubts about the T6 , love the box though.

P4U , enough said about them , they use YiHi chips as does Sigelei but thats the only good thing about them to me . I like the Sigelei the best .

I also think buying an Evolve chip and fitting it into a DIY box is a great way to go , even buying a YiHi chip and installing yourself is a worthwhile effort , i also wouldn't rule out a DNA clone as long as they aren't priced like some of the newer more powerful mods .

Last edited:

nashman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I consider the Sig and Fat boy the same item , certainly seem like it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Siggy 100w....absolutely

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You guys rock! Thanks everyone! I had no idea there is ongoing warranty issues with the IPV devices. That DEFINITELY changes things....as the IPV2 was what I was leaning towards.

Looks like Ill go with the Sig or Fat, Thanks everyone!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Shark's not in there?????
tumblr_myru2n3DW11s16j8vo1_500_zpsd5650021.gif

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The original Vaporshark DNA is only $119 now. Yeah it isn't 50w+ but it is a solid device. But from your choices I am assuming you want big power.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I just got my hands on the Cloupor T6 yesterday. So far, I'm impressed, it is better than I expected. The fit and finish is nicer than my IPV2. Not too much bigger than my MVP2. So far, so good.

That is awesome to hear because looking at the pictures of the Cloupor T6, I wasn't that impressed. I have a T6 coming, and I already have a Cloupor DNA 30 which I like a lot, including the finish .. the T6 looks so rough around the edges by picture comparison, so your comment is encouraging. :)

Kelli422

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It looks better in person than it does in the posted pics. I think Cloupor is more focused on marketing the T8. Personally, the 26650 was the clincher for me. It feels nice in the hand, nice rounded edges.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It looks better in person than it does in the posted pics. I think Cloupor is more focused on marketing the T8. Personally, the 26650 was the clincher for me. It feels nice in the hand, nice rounded edges.

Yeah, I have been waiting for a good 26650 box mod .. I agree that all of the focus appears to be on the T8 which is still in pre-order status, so I would think that they would be showing a little more love to the T6 which is available now. I'd be interested in hearing your on going thoughts on it as you use it :)

Kelli422

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No problem. I'm normally against buying new MODs before they have a ton of reviews out. This is the first time that I've taken a gamble on one. I will definitely be sharing my opinions and experiences with this box.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No problem. I'm normally against buying new MODs before they have a ton of reviews out. This is the first time that I've taken a gamble on one. I will definitely be sharing my opinions and experiences with this box.

welcome other kelli :)

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is awesome to hear because looking at the pictures of the Cloupor T6, I wasn't that impressed. I have a T6 coming, and I already have a Cloupor DNA 30 which I like a lot, including the finish .. the T6 looks so rough around the edges by picture comparison, so your comment is encouraging. :)
Strong-ass magnets, too ... they didn't mess around there

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Strong-ass magnets, too ... they didn't mess around there

Besides the 26650 battery, that was the other thing that got me .. it is going to be awesome to be able to swap batteries with ease :) I am also intrigued by this "wireless charging", which I will give a go for the sake of review however, I am fairly certain that just swapping out batteries will be the way to go.

Kelli422

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the magnets on the back cover are seriously convenient. Screws are such a pain.... time consuming, stripping out. These magnets are definately doing the jobjob, nice and strong.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The T-6 looks very very similar to the shape and design of the Cloupor Cana box except the window is different , some say it feels lighter . Does it feel as rugged and tough as the Cana box?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what i am , some say i'm a breast man , some say i'm a leg man but i think i'm an ass man because everyones always yelling "your an ass man" Rodney Dangerfield.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The T-6 looks very very similar to the shape and design of the Cloupor Cana box except the window is different , some say it feels lighter . Does it feel as rugged and tough as the Cana box?
They brushed / textured the exterior surface a bit with the T6, whereas the Cana's is completely smooth. My one complaint about the Cana's surface is that it seems to pick up that filmy vapor residue very easily. I think this was addressed in how the T6 is surfaced.

The T6 definitely feels thicker in the hands - and it is physically bigger than the Cana, but not by much.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They brushed / textured the exterior surface a bit with the T6, whereas the Cana's is completely smooth. My one complaint about the Cana's surface is that it seems to pick up that filmy vapor residue very easily. I think this was addressed in how the T6 is surfaced.

The T6 definitely feels thicker in the hands - and it is physically bigger than the Cana, but not by much.

Thanks , besides that does it feel as thick and solidly built or does it seem flimsier?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
assman-gravestone.jpg

Paul was an Assman, and so was Edith apparently.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks , besides that does it feel as thick and solidly built or does it seem flimsier?
Definitely feels thicker than the Cana ... and at least as solidly built

Also, look at this video starting at about the 5:10 mark where he unscrews the cover of the chip's housing ... very clean in there. Interestingly, the device apparently will work with a 18650 battery as well as a 26650.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That is what SHE asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelli422

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think it feels flimsy at all. It is a nice solid box. Good finish, no fingerprints. Magnets on the back cover are awesome. Battery life is great. But it is not without faults... Buttons are very nice, smooth and nicely machined but they feel loose... This is probably because the outer stainless part is a cover, a bit rattly in my opinion. Also, it reads resistance at 0.1 higher than it actually is.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was down to between the Cloupor T6 and the Sigelei 100w... I have seen too much bad press on the P4U 150w, plus I have the Seven30 already...

I ended up ordering the fatbaby version, since I found a $5 off coupon ... Unfortunately, I watched for too long and they had sold out of their project low-ohm version of the Doge by then...

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Ya, that is the part that wasn't really moving me .. I love the smooth finish of my Cana. Well, I am thinking about wrapping it anyways once it get here.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Also, look at this video starting at about the 5:10 mark where he unscrews the cover of the chip's housing ... very clean in there. Interestingly, the device apparently will work with a 18650 battery as well as a 26650.

I watched this video the other day .. it was a little painful, but I got the point. I agree that the internals look very clean, cleaner than the Cana. I was ROFL when ole boy popped in a 18650 battery, but its good to know that it can work. :p

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
2rNcPa4.png

NO Adonis here...move alone please.

jmaulvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a lot of devices some over $200 and haven't used anything other than my Sigelei 100 W since I got it. Absolutely love it but would probably get the Fat Boy know just because it looks better and is about the same price.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One place that Cloupor got into trouble on the early Canas was that the top of the cover seam cut through the juice well. So they came up with the box that had the lip overhanging the top of the lid. I don't think that just making the juice well tiny on the T6 is the greatest way to avoid soaking the internals. I was hoping that people would be noticing it by now so that Cloupor fixes it before I get one. It seems that a lot of the box mods are forgetting that lesson.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No. I'm a " let's just be friends" magnet lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your kidding , oh man , thats just brutal and i feel for you man , what that means to put it simply is "you have no shot in hell of getting laid" , yup, i no it's rough hearing that but somebody had to break it to you. No biggie , thats why industrial size containers of Vaseline are available.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
assman-gravestone.jpg

Paul was an Assman, and so was Edith apparently.

Man , what a terrible last name to grow up with , man i would be pissed.

I don't think it feels flimsy at all. It is a nice solid box. Good finish, no fingerprints. Magnets on the back cover are awesome. Battery life is great. But it is not without faults... Buttons are very nice, smooth and nicely machined but they feel loose... This is probably because the outer stainless part is a cover, a bit rattly in my opinion. Also, it reads resistance at 0.1 higher than it actually is.

Thanks Kelli

Thanks Moecat

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well hopefully I just did the right thing and purchased the Siggy 100W for $90 shipped from Arizona.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171512757028

The beast has great reviews, magnets on the back and a full 1 year warranty.

And now I can go to testosterone filled vape meets where all the dudes (and some dudettes) are waving their metaphorical weenies in the air and claiming "mine is bigger than yours!"

Even if I will never go beyond 30 watts.

Now I HAVE A BIG ONE!

VU Sponsors