Become a Patron!

Which charger to choose.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys! So some of you might remember that I was talking about possibly getting the RX200 soon, and I wanna know what the deal with INR batteries is. Does the Nitecore D4 support INR? Do ALL external chargers that support IMR support INR just the same? Thanks!

Redscaddy22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love my i4 nitecore. Remember you need a 4 or 6 bay so you can keep your 3 18650s married, for rx200.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Nitecore has been bulletproof for me, i4 & d2, but they are slow. Also recently got an Opus BTC3100 V2.2. It has selectable charging up to 2 amps, charge/discharge/test/refresh features. If you have any "battery nerd" tendencies this one can satisfy them. :D

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nitecore has been bulletproof for me, i4 & d2, but they are slow. Also recently got an Opus BTC3100 V2.2. It has selectable charging up to 2 amps, charge/discharge/test/refresh features. If you have any "battery nerd" tendencies this one can satisfy them. :D
Slow is okay for me, I like the extra assurance of having a screen that shows the battery type and the voltage, just so I know it knows what the battery type is, and I can see if it overcharges a battery. :)

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
D series Nitecore will fill that bill, and less expensive than the Opus. Many like the Efest Luc, that would be a more direct competitor to the Nitecore.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a Nitecore D-4, Efest LUC-4, and an XTAR Rocket, I have been pleased with them all. The Rocket that I have is just a 2 bay though.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys! If you have batteries at different voltages, and you charge them all full, they're technically "married" right? Or are they only considered a married set if you always had them the same voltage since you got em? Might be a dumb question.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Married is 2 or 3 cells (polygamous LOL) that are brand spanking new that will be used only with each other in a mod (no cheating!). This ensures the cells are at or very, very close to the same internal battery resistance. They will last longer and not asymmetrically discharge (ie: one battery vampiring off a stronger one).

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Married is 2 or 3 cells (polygamous LOL) that are brand spanking new that will be used only with each other in a mod (no cheating!). This ensures the cells are at or very, very close to the same internal battery resistance. They will last longer and not asymmetrically discharge (ie: one battery vampiring off a stronger one).
So they're only technically "married" if used in the same mod and charged together? Thanks! Much appreciated! :)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So they're only technically "married" if used in the same mod and charged together? Thanks! Much appreciated! :)
Yes, and they should be numbered/labeled so each time you change them out they are in the opposite position of the last time they were used. (1-2, 3-4, 2-1,4-3) etc.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the opinion! I will probably go with the D4 just because I like the assurance of seeing exactly what the charger is doing in real time! :D
That's why I like the d2 and should have bought another. I cheaped out. I also noticed the i4 doesn't charge my married batteries to the same level when it says they are fully charged. I put them on the d2 and they are always off. I only have paired batteries.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, and they should be numbered/labeled so each time you change them out they are in the opposite position of the last time they were used. (1-2, 3-4, 2-1,4-3) etc.
Like I could remember that. I can't remember what I ate yesterday.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard a lot of people say that, probably the easiest thing to do would be to randomly shuffle the batteries and then put em in, I fell like I'd forget which was which honestly. Since I'm starting out and my only regulated mod with be the rx200, I'm probably good until I get more mods lol

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's why you label them. I take them out of my mod laying them down just like they came out and it's easy to see which way the replacements should go in.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why you label them. I take them out of my mod laying them down just like they came out and it's easy to see which way the replacements should go in.

I could probably try that in just get used to it rather. Shouldn't be too hard.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had an El Gigante Bean Burrito and a couple beers for dinner. For once I couldn't blame it on the dog. :oops:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
A nice feature on the Opus is the ability to read a battery's internal resistance. Some cells purchased concurrently and "married" can still have significantly different internal resistance, and from what I understand using them together will shorten the battery(s) lifespan. When I run into this situation, they get a "divorce", and go their separate ways lol. When using mods like the Cricket, Tres Equis or HoG V2, if makes me feel better if my batteries are in a happy compatible relationship. But batteries are relatively cheap, and there is probably little danger except to the poor battery that gets "vampired". I'm still pretty ignorant about this stuff, but I did get off my butt and learn enough to hopefully keep me off the 5 o'clock news.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors