Which containers to use

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - Guides, Tips & Tricks!' started by Badfrog, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Badfrog

Badfrog Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere on the board but I'm wondering (I'm about ready to get started to go about placing my first order) should I go with glass or plastic?

Obviously glass will last longer than plastic but I wonder about how long the cap/dropper portion will last? Can you buy just the cap/dropper by themselves? Are they difficult to clean?

How long can I expect the plastic bottles to last in terms of refilling and/or switching juices (and having to clean them out when I'm switching juices)?

Any advice in general in terms of what kind to buy, where and what sizes or assortment to buy?

I'd prefer to buy the vg/pg, flavorings, nic, bottles ect in one place for this first go around. My assumption is I'll make batches in the size range of 15-20ml and hopefully I can find something I really like and then crank out 120ml batches. I'd sure like to hit on something good, save money, and help out another friend looking to save money on ejuice.

2. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Depends on if you are a dripper or not.
    If you are, then glass and the dropper cap are the way to go.
    If you aren't, the plastic with needle top.
    I kinda like the Chubby Gorilla kind with wide necks for filling. Give a couple of types a try and see what you really like. Your first order won't be your only order, trust me.

3. voicenyerhed

voicenyerhed Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I prefer the chubby gorilla bottles, personally. I find that the glass bottles make more of a mess when I use them. When I started out I ordered a few of multiple types of bottles and figured out my preferences right away and went from there.

Letitia9 likes this.
  4. Hillbilly Pig

Hillbilly Pig Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I prefer plastic, mainly cause just in case I drop 'em, they ain't gonna break. I personally prefer unicorn style bottles, but that's just me. Like all things in vaping, it's up to you.

Letitia9 likes this.
  5. burley

burley Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I started with glass. After the upteenth time washing and scrubbing and rinsing and shaking an entire box of empty, sticky bottles, I gave up on them. They're nice, but at the price-point that most places bulk sell plastic dripper bottles, it's hard to justify the extra chore to my lazy self.

The plastic ones are more or less disposable. Bigger bottles for my bigger mixes, but a box of a hundred 10ml plastic dripper bottles is about $20 or so online, and I can mix as much as I want in decently small-enough-big-enough amounts, just toss it if it doesn't work out. My two pennies.

Letitia9 likes this.
  6. Letitia9

Letitia9 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I like the cheap 10-15ml for testers and chubby gorillas black for 30ml mixes. Not good enough yet to make large quantities.

7. Time

Time Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    For your finished juice, what did you use before DIY? I kept the bottles I got from vendor juice and use those. I don't have a preferance for glass or plastic.

My DIY supplies I just keep in the bottles it came in.

8. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    I prefer chubby gorilla LDPE 60ml. They are the squishy ones. I always order black, you can still see your juice level.

Mykreign likes this.
  9. Mykreign

Mykreign Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I use chubby gorilla LDPE as well. 10ml, 30ml and 60ml.

The PET ones are hard plastic that will get creases in them after a few uses.

I used glass bottles when I first started but every time I shook them, juice would come flying out of the cap. Plus the chubby gorilla bottles are easy to take on the go. Throw it in your pocket or coat and you hardly notice it’s there.

I use the plastic bottles over and over. The only time I throw them away is if the cap gets worn out. Which doesn’t happen often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letitia9 and Hillbilly Pig like this.
  10. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    I only use glass for nic storage. I use 30ml amber for freezer so I don't have to transfer it again.

11. SteveS45

SteveS45 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Glass all the way and droppers are available from just able any supplier. Plastic for me is short term storage only.