Become a Patron!

which design of mod you like ? simple or colorful?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Fuck off Juicy your also a troll....

My mods are all British, German or in the Philippines....
The only China mods are Asmodus Kodamas because they are made with American USA wood......

Well I do have Yihi g-class

I even have American Mods.... My Osiris, my Broscience Vapes.....

But believe me my China days are over....
All crap

Block me from this thread too because I'm getting tired of trolling people.....three words disappear...

Screw that.....

Op asks an opinion on style, and you post 54 show off photos in under two pages and then insult the OP without provocation :crazy:

That makes me and OP trolls :giggle:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My droids we're made in Berlin before they became Sbody in China.....

Both of them.... Made and shipped from Germany.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Umm, they’ve been made in China since they came out.
I spoke with sbody and vaporshark on conference call around the time that the dna200 was going public.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is in fact a China mod

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm pissed

Because this thread went from an honest question by the op to a virtual showroom?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Umm, they’ve been made in China since they came out.
I spoke with sbody and vaporshark on conference call around the time that the dna200 was going public.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is in fact a China mod
Your another supporter..... You probably think Trump sucks too.....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody that tells me China produces a top quality mod is in trouble......

Keep your thread and feel sorry for the lady that asked me that question and needing help......

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Your another supporter..... You probably think Trump sucks too.....

You must be drinking.... who said anything about cheetoh?

You have a bunch of China mods... so maybe you need some intervention yourself.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Keep your thread and feel sorry for the lady that asked me that question and needing help......

In trouble? Are you the mod quality control police?

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
you guys get upset easy.
i never see non china mods advertised in the online retailers i'm aware of.
to date, the only mods i've found that fit my hand n have flowing lines are the sigelei sobras.
i have 2, with another in the mail.
standard box mods all seem to be military issue or star wars.
i have hand guns that fill my needs for that sorta thing.
designers don't think about people like me.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you guys get upset easy.
to date, the only mods i've found that fit my hand n have flowing lines are the sigelei sobras.
Yes! It's so hard to find something that isn't huge or sharp corners or the weight of a brick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
you guys get upset easy.
They do.. like @always9988 was saying. The asmodus mods are really great, clean lines, nice colors and hold up well.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@susieqz please don't buy into the belief that all China mods suck, they don't. It irritates me when people lead others to believe that they can't have quality without selling their first born. The majority of what can be purchased is from China. I've been vaping since 2013 and I've only had one chip paint, but that was an ego pen that I tossed into my purse everyday, none have stop working after 6 months. Most of anything I've purchased is still working. I can only think of 2 that have stopped, and anything I buy sees a lot of use.

My "work mod" is something I'm fine with getting banged up because it was cheap. I use an eLeaf Pico for work and it's been dropped more times than I can count, on pavement, concrete, rocks, hard tile, pretty much everywhere and it's still working, going on 3 years now. I paid $22 for it. It's never given me a moments trouble. Not from the 510, not from the battery cap, not from the screen. Nothing.

I've never paid more than $50 for a mod, and even that one was used. I buy what I can afford at the time, I buy an extra of the same, if I like it so that I'll have a back up device, and for future days that are increasingly seeming uncertain.

Go by the success of multiple people when you want to find out how well something performs. Definitely ask around the forum, because you'll get real user feedback, for the most part. Read reviews, ask questions. We have some pretty great reviewers here and most will lead you straight.

Not knowing how much wattage you use, the Asmodus line makes one called Colossal. Don't let the name fool you, it's smaller than a pack of cigarettes, goes to 80 watts, has rounded edges and feels great in the hand. They can be found very reasonably priced. It doesn't need a slab of driftwood attached to it to make it special, or overpriced. I paid less than $40 for it and they come in nice colors.

Most of us get passionate about helping vapers find what works for them, so yeah, some of us got upset when we saw some of this. We had a report, so we had to look into it. We're here to help people.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
some of those admodus mods at least have rounded corners.
kinda irritating they don't know how to spell asmodeus tho.
you know, it's kinda funny that hand gun makers go out of their way to
fit the female hand n sensibilities, even tho the items they sell are in fact lethal, while mod makers
seem to try to produce stuff that looks lethal.
i guess their target market is teen age males, of which i'm neither.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
some of those admodus mods at least have rounded corners.
kinda irritating they don't know how to spell asmodeus tho.
you know, it's kinda funny that hand gun makers go out of their way to
fit the female hand n sensibilities, even tho the items they sell are in fact lethal, while mod makers
seem to try to produce stuff that looks lethal.
i guess their target market is teen age males, of which i'm neither.

I have very small lady hands also, and completely understand where you are coming from

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I always like the Aspire and Smoant chipset when it comes to affordable both cover all the bases

however if you wanted to see what mods other members have had that have stood the test of time, might be worth looking through here

was the reason we launched with this challenge to one day help others finding something that’s a good bet (remember though research plenty and look for people posting issues on any mod before you buy it)

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ge-closes-10-24-18-7-prizes-available.440694/

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so your telling me/us that this is targeted at teenage males ? come on now .......................... :giggle:

View attachment 132424

hey, it was free, I like free (I'm a humble dude) . and it actually works pretty darned good.
Nah, ya got it all wrong. Those mods were made for middle-aged males to help them feel like edgy and cool teenagers. There's a difference. :giggle::p

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do like colors but black is a must for me, even if it's just black buttons on the mod. I do have an exception or two in my tiny collection that were gifts and really enjoy. Otherwise when I'm shopping for a mod or atty one of the first things I look for is if they have black in stock.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aren't those made made in Germany? :teehee:
Ours was made by Germans who went to china to make our special edition, using metal harvested from the moon by virgin fairies.
-the best metal

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do like colors but black is a must for me, even if it's just black buttons on the mod. I do have an exception or two in my tiny collection that were gifts and really enjoy. Otherwise when I'm shopping for a mod or atty one of the first things I look for is if they have black in stock.

I love colorful mods, because like @always9988 I'm totally into the "matchy matchy" -- if my mod doesn't match or coordinate with what I'm wearing, I feel completely disgruntled, like wearing shoes on the wrong feet or something -- but that means that sometimes, black is a MUST! It goes with EVERYTHING! :giggle:

I wish someone could help me understand something -- I have a couple of iPV Mini mods (the originals, 30w) -- which I though were made by Pioneer4You -- but they came with this little card in the box that says "Asmodus" -- so I'm utterly confused. Who makes those iPV Minis, REALLY? I love the size and shape of them, but they have a couple of very serious drawbacks -- the most visible is the shitty quality of the paint/enamel -- it chips if you look at it hard, but that's easily mended with a wrap, and both of mine are wrapped. However the other problem is more serious -- the battery cap is one of those threaded ones, and the threads strip EASILY -- neither of mine are usable anymore, because of those damn battery caps. :( If anyone has any idea where I could get replacement caps for those, I'd sure appreciate a heads-up.

Andria

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I wish someone could help me understand something -- I have a couple of iPV Mini mods (the originals, 30w) -- which I though were made by Pioneer4You -- but they came with this little card in the box that says "Asmodus" -- so I'm utterly confused. Who makes those iPV Minis, REALLY? I love the size and shape of them, but they have a couple of very serious drawbacks -- the most visible is the shitty quality of the paint/enamel -- it chips if you look at it hard, but that's easily mended with a wrap, and both of mine are wrapped. However the other problem is more serious -- the battery cap is one of those threaded ones, and the threads strip EASILY -- neither of mine are usable anymore, because of those damn battery caps. :( If anyone has any idea where I could get replacement caps for those, I'd sure appreciate a heads-up.

Andria

are the threads gone, or just damaged ?

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love colorful mods, because like @always9988 I'm totally into the "matchy matchy" -- if my mod doesn't match or coordinate with what I'm wearing, I feel completely disgruntled, like wearing shoes on the wrong feet or something -- but that means that sometimes, black is a MUST! It goes with EVERYTHING! :giggle:

Andria
I do matchy matchy with my tanks and mods as well. I kinda find it fun to be honest. Last week I bought a blue aromamizer plus and tomorrow have a blue mod coming in the mail for it. Decided to try something other than black for a change. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
are the threads gone, or just damaged ?
oh. on the cap or in the mod ? or both

The threads are still there, just stripped -- I can screw the cap down, but it never goes all the way, and at some point pops back up and I have to keep screwing it down. I can OCCASIONALLY push it down hard enough while screwing it down, that it will kinda catch... but eventually it'll pop loose again -- usually if I'm out somewhere with it, so I've pretty much stopped using them.

I don't know for a fact which threads are stripped -- but I tend to suspect it's the caps' rather than the mods', just because the caps feel so light and flimsy. If I could find some replacement caps, it would be worth the purchase price of one of them, to find out. Because I really like those mods, and the wraps on them are nice.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do matchy matchy with my tanks and mods as well. I kinda find it fun to be honest. Last week I bought a blue aromamizer plus and tomorrow have a blue mod coming in the mail for it. Decided to try something other than black for a change. :D

I need to find a mod that looks like denim! :D Since I use only Achilles RDA, the only coordination with the hardware itself that I can do is between the mod and the driptip -- I've got all colors of driptips, pretty much, but no mods that look good with denim.

Andria

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just looked on fasttech, as I am sure you did. didn't see anything.

I do have an idea, but idk if it "will" work. find someone that "knows" how to use JB Weld, they may even have some.
make SURE the cap is CLEAN. put a SMALL layer on the cap threads, what is left of them. let it dry for 1 day. then try to thread that into the mod = basicly, using the mod threads to rethread the cap. if this did work, it would be temp at best, but who knows. ,

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think this pic pretty much shows my bias. ;)

IMG-5062.jpg

I don't hate color, just not a big fan of it either. I would say "understated" is where I prefer to be.

Same goes for most all of my things; electronics, clothes, etc. I guess it's just me. :D

Last edited:

VU Sponsors